No Women's World Cup thread?

7 minutes ago, BeginnersMind said:

Its part of the game for some people, mostly depending on the league or country of origin. It’s not the norm but it happens. The uncertainty of extra time is one of the best parts of the game. If you don’t think so, you’re probably not a soccer fan. Most fans love that part of the game. 

Yeah, I love seeing 7 minutes of extra time burned up with 5 minutes of VAR and 2 minutes of fake injury. Edge of my seat excitement.

1 hour ago, BeginnersMind said:

Its part of the game for some people, mostly depending on the league or country of origin. It’s not the norm but it happens. The uncertainty of extra time is one of the best parts of the game. If you don’t think so, you’re probably not a soccer fan. Most fans love that part of the game. 

Definitely guilty as charged.  WTF would real fans love that part of the game??

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Yeah, I love seeing 7 minutes of extra time burned up with 5 minutes of VAR and 2 minutes of fake injury. Edge of my seat excitement.

Such not a fan that I need to know what VAR is??

4 minutes ago, bbb said:

Such not a fan that I need to know what VAR is??

Video replay. 

Soccer is a game of subtlety. It can be hard to appreciate for sure.

3 hours ago, BeginnersMind said:

No commercials is why it doesn’t work here too. If Bud can’t show its frogs, good luck getting ad revenue. Americans want to be told what to eat, drink, and drive. 

Who in their right mind wouldn't want to watch an uninterrupted game?

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, bbb said:

Just spreading negativity for the sake of making the world worse?  

I don't like NASCAR, golf, and many other things, but I don't care that others do. Good for them! 

Go do something you enjoy and have a great day. We will all be dead in 2 breaths. 

27 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Video replay. 

Soccer is a game of subtlety. It can be hard to appreciate for sure.

Oh I'm into this tournament. There has been some great drama. But crap like that faking injuries in ET kills it for me. Especially in a one goal game and the losing team is putting on pressure.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Who in their right mind wouldn't want to watch an uninterrupted game?

The big American sports would barely exist without them. 

Without that ad revenue, no massive TV deals. Without massive TV deals, no advertising, salaries, hype shows, stadiums. If the NFL proposed going commercial free for TV in 2020, the league would implode in an instant.  

8 minutes ago, BeginnersMind said:

Just spreading negativity for the sake of making the world worse?  

I don't like NASCAR, golf, and many other things, but I don't care that others do. Good for them! 

Go do something you enjoy and have a great day. We will all be dead in 2 breaths. 

Or, you can answer my question. 

4 minutes ago, BeginnersMind said:

The big American sports would barely exist without them. 

Without that ad revenue, no massive TV deals. Without massive TV deals, no advertising, salaries, hype shows, stadiums. If the NFL proposed going commercial free for TV in 2020, the league would implode in an instant.  

That all may be true, but it's not what the average fan wants. I'm sure we would all love to watch a commercial free game. I'm not sure if you were being sarcastic with your original comment of "Americans want to be told what to eat, drink, and drive."  but I'm pretty sure most people could make those decisions regardless of whether commercials are shown during a game.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I also like games being over in 2 hours.

With the exception of the world cup or certain tournament matches, it's a huge plus.

Australia-Norway match was great. Kerr came up very small though. I was looking forward to seeing her play. Shoot-outs suck but the better team advanced today. 

Edited by BeginnersMind
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

What and odd play in the England Cameroon game. 

The keeper had a brain fart. Basic soccer there. Can’t handle a pass from a teammate or it’s a free kick. She should have kicked it into next year. 

Edited by BeginnersMind

5 minutes ago, BeginnersMind said:

The keeper had a brain fart. Basic soccer there. Can’t handle a pass from a teammate or it’s a free kick. She should have kicked it into next year. 

Definite brain fart. That's not something you usually see at this level. I'm not sure the defender knew an attacker was that close when she sent it towards the keeper.

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

The TV hosts are oblivious as to why the French goal was disallowed. It was punched in. Was that not obvious.

France has been aided by goals punched in over the years.