No Women's World Cup thread?

23 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

See the post above your last.

Do you even watch the sport?

Yeah,  I follow soccer as close as I do the Sabres or Bills. All that clip shows me is a bunch of ex players up on their pedastals saying how they would’ve acted different (probably w a producer in their ear reminding them Canada needs an image boost, so let’s play the humility card!!) I’m still waiting on names. Or I’ll presume your comment is simply based on the celebrations of today?  

But a serious question. Given your beefs today, who’s crappier? The city of Toronto or the USWNT?

16 minutes ago, stony said:

Yeah,  I follow soccer as close as I do the Sabres or Bills. All that clip shows me is a bunch of ex players up on their pedastals saying how they would’ve acted different (probably w a producer in their ear reminding them Canada needs an image boost, so let’s play the humility card!!) I’m still waiting on names. Or I’ll presume your comment is simply based on the celebrations of today?  

But a serious question. Given your beefs today, who’s crappier? The city of Toronto or the USWNT?

They're both pretty close as far as #######s go . Toronto wins it though.

Who's your team? In football? Gotta be LFC.

If I get this right, you're hating on me for my Toronto take yet saying the producers were in women's soccer analysts ear saying Canada needs a boost? I'd spell out the idiocy for you but I'd probably get banned. That was some of the dumbest ***** I've ever read 

Edited by Ol Dirty B

10 hours ago, Boca BIlls said:

Bigger target? Being USA is as big as a target gets.

It is. But there’s wanting to beat the best and there’s wanting to beat the bad sports. The later is an amplifier. See Patriots, New England and Gronkowski, Rob. 

Edited by BeginnersMind

1 hour ago, BeginnersMind said:

It is. But there’s wanting to beat the best and there’s wanting to beat the bad sports. The later is a amplifier. See Patriots, New England and Gronkowski, Rob. 

There is wanting to win period...

15 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I don't think I spoiled anything.

LOL   ---   you didn't but  the guy on the radio did.  

USA 13-0 

Oh, come on!  Soccer is all about theatrics.   

those B-s just being B's 

ALEX MORGAN FOR THE RECORD!

?? @alexmorgan13's 5th goal ties Michelle Akers' single-game #FIFAWWCFIFAWWC_2019_Trophy.png record ... and makes it 12-0 USA!

You (we) still celebrate History making events, right? 

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

On 6/11/2019 at 3:06 AM, bbb said:

So, you make a claim in A saying that I'm wrong.  I show evidence that I'm right, and then you just skip to B?

I am all for people bettering themselves.  What I'm not for is making up victimhood excuses to do so.  

For soccer, if your assertion "They aren't asking for equal pay, just pay commensurate with the revenue they generate" is or was right, I'd be 100% good with that..............Also, I do not know where the money comes from for the USWNT.  They probably are as popular as the men's team in the US.  I know more players and have for 20 years than I do on the men's side................But, I would think part of their money is based on entire world of FIFA/World Cup or whatever.  And, there's no way you would see any men's WC game with 1/3 of the seats filled.............Especially between Scotland and England, when the game is in France. 

So, I'm open to hearing where the money comes from for the mens and womens national teams.

As for basketball, I saw Breann Stewart get the ESPY after her senior year and then get up and complain about women's salaries.  She wasn't even a pro yet..................And, unless things have changed, and I've done research and have not found that they have, the league losses money for the NBA.

I saw a writer on twitter complain that the WNBA needs to expand because Cierra Dillard got cut after only 6 days (after the media has a big party because she got drafted) - because there are only 144 spots in the league............I asked the writer "Doesn't the league lose money?" and of course, never got a reply.  

Don't give me feels.  Give me numbers.  

Here's some numbers. Apparently the Men's team uses the success of the Women's team to pad their numbers. Click and read some of the thread.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

2 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Here's some numbers. Apparently the Men's team uses the success of the Women's team to pad their numbers. Click and read some of the thread.

I have no idea what The Heretic is talking about.  Doesn't help that I have no idea what USSF, SUM, and lower division mean...............Please explain what it is they are saying.  

Really respecting the game and what you’ve worked for is to do your best at ALL times. This is a call to to do more and give more resources for some of these countries. It’s the World Cup folks. Would you say this about the men? Didn’t think so.

Abby Wambach

@AbbyWambach

For all that have issue with many goals: for some players this is there first World Cup goal, and they should be excited. Imagine it being you out there.This is your dream of playing and then scoring in a World Cup. Celebrate.Would you tell a men’s team to not score or celebrate?

Yes....I think most people would. Quit making everything about men vs. women.

Edited by RaoulDuke79

This is why I hate people anymore... Really getting angry b.c Thailand sucks... God ***** people stop being so freaking *****!

Today's day and age is absolutely garbage.

Boohoo they scored too many points and we're happy for each one. Grow the ***** up these are adults FFS... Cheer after every score even if it's 35-0

Edited by Boca BIlls

1 hour ago, RaoulDuke79 said:
Really respecting the game and what you’ve worked for is to do your best at ALL times. This is a call to to do more and give more resources for some of these countries. It’s the World Cup folks. Would you say this about the men? Didn’t think so.

Abby Wambach

@AbbyWambach

For all that have issue with many goals: for some players this is there first World Cup goal, and they should be excited. Imagine it being you out there.This is your dream of playing and then scoring in a World Cup. Celebrate.Would you tell a men’s team to not score or celebrate?

Yes....I think most people would. Quit making everything about men vs. women.

This is the crap I hate.  All this stuff has been said about men forever, and if it get said about a woman, it's because they're a woman!

Bat flips, touchdown celebrations outlawed, etc.  

I remember being maybe 9 years old at the Rockpile and wondering why the Bills fans hate Hank Stram.  Well, it was because he ran up the score last time with an unnecessary TD at the end of the game..............Sportsmanship has been an issue since I can remember. 

Why do people with causes defeat their causes by being disingenuous.  Why would I pay attention to Abby Wambach again? 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, bbb said:

This is the crap I hate.  All this stuff has been said about men forever, and if it get said about a woman, it's because they're a woman!

Bat flips, touchdown celebrations outlawed, etc.  

I remember being maybe 9 years old at the Rockpile and wondering why the Bills fans hate Hank Stram.  Well, it was because he ran up the score last time with an unnecessary TD at the end of the game..............Sportsmanship has been an issue since I can remember. 

Why do people with causes defeat their causes by being disingenuous.  Why would I pay attention to Abby Wambach again? 

These are adults... You play the FULL game.

6 minutes ago, Boca BIlls said:

These are adults... You play the FULL game.

Of course you play the full game and score at every opportunity, but at a certain point the celebrations are ridiculous.

I'm usually pro celebrate, if you dont want them to celebrate stop them. But the Thailand stuff was out of control. I believe Germany beat Iran or some other bad soccer team like 8 or 10 nothing. They had no one on the field doing what Rapinoe did.

Of course their aren't as many people in the world as douchey as Rapinoe.

Edited by Ol Dirty B
  • Like (+1) 1