Sign in to follow this  
YoloinOhio

Jets hire Joe Douglas as GM

49 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Good hire for them.

Gase will either thrive immediately or he'll be one-and-done IMO...I doubt there's much room for middle ground 

Interesting that Douglas reportedly pushed for a longer contract than Gase has.

Talk of this guy bringing in Todd McShay. 

Hahahaha. 

There isn't a worse "evaluator" of the draft than McShay. All he does is memorize names and measurables. I'm not even sure he watches tape. During draft time, all he does is just spews names and measurables when he gets asked a question. No real analysis. 

6 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

Hahahaha. 

There isn't a worse "evaluator" of the draft than McShay. All he does is memorize names and measurables. I'm not even sure he watches tape. During draft time, all he does is just spews names and measurables when he gets asked a question. No real analysis. 

• Haha (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Interesting that Douglas reportedly pushed for a longer contract than Gase has.

Well, if you are comfortable where you are and feel that you'll get your share of GM opportunities in the next few offseasons, then contract length makes sense as a bargaining chip. I'd want a chance to hire my own HC and be able to offer him a contract that matches mine in term.

13 hours ago, H2o said:

He still has to work with this

891ec794661648e786c3cd12fc59f064.jpg

The pride of (one year at) Williamsville South 

16 minutes ago, HansLanda said:

The pride of (one year at) Williamsville South 

Pardon my ignorance, but that cuchifrito went to Williamsville South for a year?!

6 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Pardon my ignorance, but that cuchifrito went to Williamsville South for a year?!

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

No matter how I hold the phone, the eyes in the picture follow me.  It’s got to be Gase.

• Haha (+1) 4

2 hours ago, Ittakestime said:

Hahahaha. 

...oh God please do.......the Jesters circus employing Eyeballs Gase and Beiber McShay would force Barnum & Bailey to file chapter 11............

• Haha (+1) 1

It’s interesting that so many candidates turned down the Jets job. It basically came down to basically paying 2.5 times the initial offer. That tells me a lot about how people view the Jets right now even after spending over 100million in the offseason

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, jwhit34 said:

It's a good job and the offer went from 4 years for a total of $7.6 million to 6 years and $19.8, 2.5x more and that's guaranteed. 

That changes a lot. One may like their situation and the differential between what he was making and the first offer may not have been enough to entice him to move. They made it worth it to take the job, the cliche is everyone has their price and the Jets found his price. 

He should have held out for a deal matching Oakland's 10 year / $100 million deal.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Protocal69 said:

It’s interesting that so many candidates turned down the Jets job. It basically came down to basically paying 2.5 times the initial offer. That tells me a lot about how people view the Jets right now even after spending over 100million in the offseason

Not really.

Its more like I have to accept Adam Gase as my head coach, what new GM wants to walk into a situation where they don't have a choice of their HC and don't exactly have all the power they would have in other situations.... I doubt it's a reflection of what they think of the actual roster.

Edited by ScottLaw
  • Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

I’m very happy with our organization. If someone gives more competition against the evil empire, great.  How nice would it be watching the Patsies only go 3-3 in their division moving forward and have to fight for 10 wins.

So you're suggesting that NE*** will split with the Jets and sweep the Dolphins?

• Awesome! (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, transient said:

So you're suggesting that NE*** will split with the Jets and sweep the Dolphins?

I'd take a competitive game against the Patriots as a start.

McDermotts been pantsed to this point against BB.

18 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

No matter how I hold the phone, the eyes in the picture follow me.  It’s got to be Gase.

His Gase never leaves you....

• Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

His Gase never leaves you....

Good lord!  We’ve been taking shots at that human piñata since the press conference, and you’re the first to point out the obvious pun.  😁

1 minute ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Good lord!  We’ve been taking shots at that human piñata since the press conference, and you’re the first to point out the obvious pun.  😁

I feel inadequate...

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

I feel inadequate...

Buck up, little buddy!  Lest you start posting ‘I’m sorry for posting / offending you all’ threads.  😁

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
  • Haha (+1) 1

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Buck up, little buddy!  Lest you start posting ‘I’m sorry for posting / offending you all’ threads.  😁

Too late for that! 100 pager for sure.

Edited by Mr. WEO

On 6/8/2019 at 5:58 AM, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Vat ees thees?  Like old days een Soviet Roosha?!  Comrade, come verk veeth oos, or go to gulag een Siberia?

This GM looks like he could snap ‘Crazy Eyes’ in half if he has to...which he just might.

The-Mountain-Game-of-Thrones.jpg

On 6/8/2019 at 11:49 AM, YoloinOhio said:

So he wasn’t their first choice?

Toxicity

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

The-Mountain-Game-of-Thrones.jpg

Toxicity

...eyeballs we NOT big enough..........

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...eyeballs we NOT big enough..........

Well thats Douglas ...

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

I'd take a competitive game against the Patriots as a start.

McDermotts been pantsed to this point against BB.

I hope the Jets finally make it out of last place in the division for you this year so you experience some happiness. You fan boy so hard over them every year, even though they repeatedly let you down. Maybe this is your year. 

• Haha (+1) 6
  • Thanks! (+1) 1