What's on the Memorial Day Cookout Menu?

Gugny

1 hour ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...LMAO...."The Old Farts Diner" at the entrance to Flavortown......:thumbsup:

Helluva is good and close in taste to Bison. Dean's is terrible....watered down. The ice cream is awful too. I miss Perrys!

Edited by Rocket94
  • Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Rocket94 said:

Helluva is good and close in taste to Bison. Dean's is terrible....watered down. The ice cream is awful too. I miss Perrys!

I just mentioned Deans to someone a little while ago in conversation and they said the same thing, it sucks.

First thing to do when going back home is get some Perry's... usually by the lake.

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, T&C said:

I just mentioned Deans to someone a little while ago in conversation and they said the same thing, it sucks.

First thing to do when going back home is get some Perry's... usually by the lake.

Yes! it always tastes better at one of those stands...if not Wegmans!

2 hours ago, T&C said:

Deans sucks big time.  The only thing worthwhile is if you can find their sour cream based dip... Which isn't common.

Americana:  Fried Chicken, Sausage, Hot Dogs and some really good beans. The beans had sausage, ground beef with hints of BBQ sauce.. and there were some Fava Beans mixed in (no Hanibel Lechter).

Italiana: eating till you burst.. then Iced Prosecco, which I'm not a fan of because it tastes like Lemon Heads mixed with grain alcohol.

Me: I brought bottles of wine, I'm shy about cooking for others but want to contribute.

EDIT UPDATE: someone brought artichoke dip.. it was so good Angels cried tears of joy when you ate it.

Edited by boater
update
  • Like (+1) 1

Steak is grilling as we speak.  Macaroni salad made and chilling in the fridge.  Chocolate pudding for dessert.  Wish I had beer here but oh well.  Middle age is catching up with me as I did not make any baked beans or tossed salad.  Only so much room anymore.

42 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

Steak is grilling as we speak.  Macaroni salad made and chilling in the fridge.  Chocolate pudding for dessert.  Wish I had beer here but oh well.  Middle age is catching up with me as I did not make any baked beans or tossed salad.  Only so much room anymore.

I don’t eat nearly as much as I used to. Home alone with the dog. She’s had hers and I’ve got blackened salmon with mango salsa coming up. No extra sides, and that will be more than enough. 

On 5/26/2019 at 10:20 PM, Rocket94 said:

I go to Dicamillo's Bakery

Smart man! BTW, the bread freezes great, get the  large sliced! Ask them for the freezer bag!

BTW, if you are getting more than 5 loaves, they really appreciate a call the day before to let them know. I grew up on the one in Niagara Falls (LaSalle) , but get mine now from the Williamsville one as it is on way to either drive home or airport.

• Like (+1) 1