WoW Classic

/dev/null

6 minutes ago, Say When... said:

now that i can see and i always respected the main/offhand tank and pushing is OK, but we were logging in at a specific time on Saturday/Sunday, if you missed 2 raids you dropped to the B and C groups and they simply didn't progress.  I was a healer so i get it i'm being counted on but it became too restrictive, i prefer more casual guilds.

i really like WoW but Ultima Online (and maybe it was the place/time) was my favorite ever, UO original was just, awesome for me.  I'd stay up all night, skip work, buy the best modem (33.6k FTW) and play/think about that game non-stop.

UO - DAoC - WoW was my MMORPG path.

The schedule always annoyed me. But I would have raided every night if possible. But now I’m at the point that if I play and get to 60 for end game content. I’d love to be in a guild doing 1 or maybe just 2 nights raiding. And it better not be a weekend. Lol

3 minutes ago, mrags said:

The schedule always annoyed me. But I would have raided every night if possible. But now I’m at the point that if I play and get to 60 for end game content. I’d love to be in a guild doing 1 or maybe just 2 nights raiding. And it better not be a weekend. Lol

and i could probably commit to that; as it is i jump on xbox with a bunch of buddies and play World of Tanks for an hour or two each weekday night.  We'll see how long it takes to get to 60 and what the endgame content appeal is; i'll fire up a priest and see what happens.

15 minutes ago, teef said:

not to move the subject, but is anyone kinda pumped for the command and conquer remake they have coming out.  i'm assuming they're doing the same thing as wow.

i'm pretty immersed in gaming (sounds odd when i say that @ 48) but have never given C&C a try, without looking it up, it's a 3rd person (top view) base strategy game correct?

4 minutes ago, Say When... said:

i'm pretty immersed in gaming (sounds odd when i say that @ 48) but have never given C&C a try, without looking it up, it's a 3rd person (top view) base strategy game correct?

you got it!  top view RTS.  i still love gaming at 41, but time is the issue.  C and C is fantastic.  there's a number of versions, but if ever bored, i'm sure you can get it cheap on steam.  the C and C red alert is probably my favorite of the bunch.  

Just now, teef said:

you got it!  top view RTS.  i still love gaming at 41, but time is the issue.  C and C is fantastic.  there's a number of versions, but if ever bored, i'm sure you can get it cheap on steam.  the C and C red alert is probably my favorite of the bunch.  

i'll check it out, Steam is a default app on my devices.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Say When... said:

and i could probably commit to that; as it is i jump on xbox with a bunch of buddies and play World of Tanks for an hour or two each weekday night.  We'll see how long it takes to get to 60 and what the endgame content appeal is; i'll fire up a priest and see what happens.

10 minutes ago, teef said:

40 here and I love video games. Absolutely love them. I don’t go out all the time or anything. I stay at home most nights. There could be worse habits to have 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Say When... said:

I was on WoW alpha, quit @ BC because i hated it; skipped LK and came back for Cataclysm; loved Mists, hated WoD and Meh on Legion and while i've carried my subscription i've played BoA sparingly.  From Mists on i was in a hardcore raid guild and that soured my experience, like raids, just not when it's a 'job'.

I'm intrigued by classic and will give it a try, my first char ever was a NE warrior but i may work the priest (disc) first.  I dont have the time i used to so it'll be methodical progress.

I had close to the same experience as you.

I was a casual gamer, so it took about a year to hit 60 in Vanilla.

Hated BC and quit at lvl 62. Came back to finish it right before LK.

Lich King was probably the best expansion in the series to me. Good story, open maps, interesting (fun) raids. Naxx is still my favorite.

Cataclysm got boring so i stopped when i hit max level. Awful raid content.

Then came back for Mists and it became my 2nd favorite expansion; although it had the best story. Actually got multiple alts to max. 2nd favorite raiding experience.

WoD had a good story followup to Mists, but the overall gameplay sucked, as well as the maps.

Legion was bland, but it was the first time I cared what happened to the Alliance. Hated how it ended; basically starting over when they nerfed everyone.

BfA has kept my interest and the first Expansion where I'm waiting for new content to continue the "campaign".  Although raids are pointless now.

I've been part of raiding guilds (was actually ranked top 10 in gearscore ? for my server at one time), but you can never keep those teams together. One expansion your guild is talking about going professional, and the next expansion, half want to spend more time with their kids...

Classic will be something everyone will try out, but I think it will be a single, low population server after 6 months. We remember the fun, and forget the grind.

Who is willing to spend an hour in a mine trying to gather 20 teeth from toothless miners for a single quest?

Edited by unbillievable

1 hour ago, unbillievable said:

I had close to the same experience as you.

I was a casual gamer, so it took about a year to hit 60 in Vanilla.

Hated BC and quit at lvl 62. Came back to finish it right before LK.

Lich King was probably the best expansion in the series to me. Good story, open maps, interesting (fun) raids. Naxx is still my favorite.

Cataclysm got boring so i stopped when i hit max level. Awful raid content.

Then came back for Mists and it became my 2nd favorite expansion; although it had the best story. Actually got multiple alts to max. 2nd favorite raiding experience.

WoD had a good story followup to Mists, but the overall gameplay sucked, as well as the maps.

Legion was bland, but it was the first time I cared what happened to the Alliance. Hated how it ended; basically starting over when they nerfed everyone.

BfA has kept my interest and the first Expansion where I'm waiting for new content to continue the "campaign".  Although raids are pointless now.

I've been part of raiding guilds (was actually ranked top 10 in gearscore ? for my server at one time), but you can never keep those teams together. One expansion your guild is talking about going professional, and the next expansion, half want to spend more time with their kids...

Classic will be something everyone will try out, but I think it will be a single, low population server after 6 months. We remember the fun, and forget the grind.

Who is willing to spend an hour in a mine trying to gather 20 teeth from toothless miners for a single quest?

What? You don’t like grinding Kobold Miners?

• 2 weeks later...

So WoW servers are being added b.c of the flood of people. I  actually going to be playing, casually at first , then a push for HWL. Maybe second times a charm for me, if not I should have fun fighting the old fight I used to love. Won't spend much time on PvE except for quick gear. 

Edited by Boca BIlls

1 hour ago, Boca BIlls said:

So WoW servers are being added b.c of the flood of people. I  actually going to be playing, casually at first , then a push for HWL. Maybe second times a charm for me, if not I should have fun fighting the old fight I used to love. Won't spend much time on PvE except for quick gear. 

What do you plan on playing? Ally or horde. What server? PvP?

where did you see they are adding servers? I haven’t seen that. Link? 

9 minutes ago, mrags said:

What do you plan on playing? Ally or horde. What server? PvP?

where did you see they are adding servers? I haven’t seen that. Link? 

Horde Undead Rogue, Server Stalagg

Yes PvP since I will be going for HWL.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pcgamer.com/amp/blizzard-to-open-new-wow-classic-servers-after-warning-of-severe-queues-at-launch/

On top of that they added servers last week also.

Edited by Boca BIlls

8 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

How's that login boss?

OP?

I waited about an hour or more. Finally got in. Completed the first quest and then died fighting 2 Kolbold Miners at the same time. At that point it was too late. The wife was in her way home from work. And the dog was craving attention and running around barking at me and snipping at me for me to play with here. So an hour plus wait time for 6 minutes of play. At this rate I’ll be level 60 in about 10 years. 

36 minutes ago, mrags said:

I waited about an hour or more. Finally got in. Completed the first quest and then died fighting 2 Kolbold Miners at the same time. At that point it was too late. The wife was in her way home from work. And the dog was craving attention and running around barking at me and snipping at me for me to play with here. So an hour plus wait time for 6 minutes of play. At this rate I’ll be level 60 in about 10 years. 

Awesome. Glad I decided not to join in.

:lol:

• Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I used to play

I got so wrapped up in grinding items and wanting to sell them in the auction house.....then all of a sudden my stuff stopped selling

Lol. AH ***** I see. 

I used to stealth into Ironforge and gank people on the AH as they were buying and selling items. Was so much fun. 

12 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

People I've talked to say the lag is horrendous (on top of the queue issues.)

Yeah. Probably because they don’t have the proper systems to run it. And then there’s the blizzard issue. They severely underestimated the amount of people that were going to play.  

4 minutes ago, Boca BIlls said:

No lag here

It really depends on the server and times. For example, earlier this week I was able to get in during the day on an eastern PvP server with no issues. But if it was after 5pm I had at minimum a 1hr wait in the queue. 

Edited by mrags