Buffalo Sabres and NHL: 2019/20: Sabres season officially over. Draft lottery June 26th

BillsFan4

Nice win! Glad I decided to watch. 

Going to be tougher her tomorrow night in Toronto with Andersen in net, but they have a chance if they play like they did tonight (and clean up a few of the mistakes, ideally).

On 11/26/2019 at 6:39 PM, BillsFan4 said:

Looking forward to seeing this! I remember many of the Domi vs. Ray fights. 

I wonder how long this is if they’re splitting it into 2 parts. Definitely looking forward to Domi and Ray’s commentary!

4 hours ago, JohnC said:

You need to get more comfortable with him because he is going to be the Sabre GM longer than you want. ?

Ehh, you said the same thing bout Housley last year right up to the last pitiful game. 

But i I was not being facetious when said they have played well 3 of 4. Let’s hope for a win tonight and maybe they can turn this ship around 

3 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

Ehh, you said the same thing bout Housley last year right up to the last pitiful game. 

But i I was not being facetious when said they have played well 3 of 4. Let’s hope for a win tonight and maybe they can turn this ship around 

You never understood my position on Housley. What you couldn't grasp is that he wasn't the primary problem with this team. The biggest issue was the talent level. Housley was fired and a better coach was hired so that issue should become a dormant issue. Now you have to chase another bogeyman. 

The Sabres played well in this game and came out of it with a point.  I'm not satisfied with this OT loss but I'm not dissatisfied with the caliber of play and the earning of a point. The biggest factor in the Toronto win was their goalie. He made a number of clutch saves. Hutton also played well although I thought the goal he let in overtime was a tad soft. 

Although the Leafs had more shots I thought we had more quality shots. This was a hard fought game where the effort level for both teams was high.  In general I liked how the Sabres played. This compressed schedule is brutal. 

Jack is great. He is getting better and playing a more well rounded game. 

There is a loud chorus in this room calling to trade one or more of our defensemen for some forward help. I don't see any of the dealt players bringing back enough. Having depth on defense is an asset, not something to lament. This is a good unit. In this game I thought Risto played well. 

Those misguided people who are calling for the firing of our GM are grotesquely off the mark. I will continue to argue to stay the course. 

Edited by JohnC
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The below link is WGR's Paul Hamilton's post-game snapshot writeup of the game. He points out that the opportunities were there but Toronto's goalie stymied the shooters. 

https://wgr550.radio.com/articles/news/the-sabres-get-three-out-of-four-points-against-toronto

1 hour ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

Clearly looks over the goal line to me.

E279F87C-AFB8-46AE-A00F-6CA7817BEA09.jpeg

If hitting the cross bar was worth half a goal we would have won. Olofsson and Reinhart excel at that art form that doesn't give you any statistical credit. ☹️

11 hours ago, JohnC said:

You never understood my position on Housley. What you couldn't grasp is that he wasn't the primary problem with this team. The biggest issue was the talent level. Housley was fired and a better coach was hired so that issue should become a dormant issue. Now you have to chase another bogeyman. 

The Sabres played well in this game and came out of it with a point.  I'm not satisfied with this OT loss but I'm not dissatisfied with the caliber of play and the earning of a point. The biggest factor in the Toronto win was their goalie. He made a number of clutch saves. Hutton also played well although I thought the goal he let in overtime was a tad soft. 

Although the Leafs had more shots I thought we had more quality shots. This was a hard fought game where the effort level for both teams was high.  In general I liked how the Sabres played. This compressed schedule is brutal. 

Jack is great. He is getting better and playing a more well rounded game. 

There is a loud chorus in this room calling to trade one or more of our defensemen for some forward help. I don't see any of the dealt players bringing back enough. Having depth on defense is an asset, not something to lament. This is a good unit. In this game I thought Risto played well. 

Those misguided people who are calling for the firing of our GM are grotesquely off the mark. I will continue to argue to stay the course. 

And if they don’t make the playoffs and eichel wants outta here you still keep botterill

2 minutes ago, Helpmenow said:

And if they don’t make the playoffs and eichel wants outta here you still keep botterill

I don't think the Sabres will make the playoffs this year. I'm counting on them to be in the playoff running up to the end of the season. Jack is the Captain of the team. Do you have inside information that he wants out? Because I haven't heard anything about his disgruntlement. Does he get frustrated? Of course he does. And that is one of the reasons why he is great i.e. his desire to win.  And to answer your question without any equivocation I want Botterill back. As long as this team continues to get better I am more than satisfied with his work. Despite what the alarmists have continued to yell there never was a quick fix. In the real world reality supecedes fantasy.  

26 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Olofsson and Reinhart excel at that art form that doesn't give you any statistical credit. ☹️

I think the metrics sorts are working on a way so it reflects in the HPR (hockey player rating), unless it happens when the team is on a power play.

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/1/2019 at 7:55 AM, ChevyVanMiller said:

Clearly looks over the goal line to me.

E279F87C-AFB8-46AE-A00F-6CA7817BEA09.jpeg

The angles are too tricky on that one.  If by some chance that's a straight down shot from the crossbar, I'd say that puck is in line with some of the post.  There's nothing there to clearly say it's over the line.  Now, if you can pair this shot with the same exact moment from a side view, you can compare the two to get a better idea of where exactly the puck is.

That Ray vs Domi beyond blue&gold was great. Can’t wait to see this one tonight. 

This is good to see! Seems like Okposo is recovering well. 

Okposo vs Skinner ping pong championship game -

https://www.nhl.com/sabres/video/paddle-battle-championship-game/t-277437090/c-4736476

Edited by BillsFan4
  • Like (+1) 1