What creates a draft BUST?

On 4/20/2019 at 1:30 PM, Mrbojanglezs said:

Work ethic, maturity. Lot of these guys taken high were always best athlete on the field at every level, never had to make the next step against stiff competition, some just can't do it.

Exactly CJ Spiller is the perfect example. He would run off tackle throughout college because he could run away from them. He got to the NFL and found out the hard way that everyone is fast in the NFL. 

47 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Then you roll in scheme, personality fits, injuries, home life issues on top of those  (I think a lot of guys are playing far more hurt than we like to acknowledge any given day)

True, look at Dareus, though not a bust, a disappointment arguably because of the points you raise.

I love reading or watching stuff about the big nfl draft busts from history. Fascinating stuff. There's a great one on YouTube about jamarcus Russell. When you see all the hype pre draft, then the excitement on draft day, then he comes in weighing as much as a lineman, it's just incredible!

3 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

True, look at Dareus, though not a bust, a disappointment arguably because of the points you raise.

How often have even you or I been less than our best because of a fight at home, or a bad back keeping us awake or? 

There red was an article a few years back about how badly beat up Jason Taylor (dolphins) was during his career without ever being listed on a report. Just shocking and totally changed my perspective on how little fans actually know behind the scenes.

On 4/20/2019 at 11:28 AM, NewDayBills said:

How do players like Trent Richardson go from being sure thing future HOFers to virtually out of the league in 2 or 3 years? How does this happen? How do these guys get the stamp of approval and the seal of perfection from GMs and pro scouts to out of the league in the blink of an eye? Do you guys see any projected top 15-20 pick in this year's draft that you feel may be out of the league in a few years? How and why does this happen?

Many times they were able to be better than a bunch of other players who aren't going to make the NFL and maybe reached their ceiling in college.  When they reached the NFL they no longer were playing against a bunch of non-NFL players, all the players had NFL talent...sometimes players think it's going to be easy like it was in college and they don't work for it....

Edited by matter2003