2019 NHL Playoffs

Mark Vader

Traffic here in the Tampa outlying areas has cut down considerably. Either they are at the "watch parties" or they've hunkered down at the house and have their supplies a going.

Blue Jackets 4-1... I hope anyways.

Ever since Tampa started out game one with a 3-0 lead, they have been outscored 11-1 in the series.

Wait, what?????????

Imagine having one of the greatest regular seasons imaginable, then getting swept right out of the playoffs?

Ouch.

Tamp had better wake the F up or that is EXACTLY what is going to happen.

7 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Bring the tv outside!

It was ice pellets outside when the Masters came on today at 9

Just now, njbuff said:

Ever since Tampa started out game one with a 3-0 lead, they have been outscored 11-1 in the series.

Wait, what?????????

Imagine having one of the greatest regular seasons imaginable, then getting swept right out of the playoffs?

Ouch.

Tamp had better wake the F up or that is EXACTLY what is going to happen.

Teams making the playoffs do not have to care at all about the regular season.

Sometimes they can’t avoid going on a mission for a great season, but why bother?

2 minutes ago, row_33 said:

It was ice pellets outside when the Masters came on today at 9

Teams making the playoffs do not have to care at all about the regular season.

Sometimes they can’t avoid going on a mission for a great season, but why bother?

I am not taking anything away from Columbus.

My post was more of a bashing Tampa thing.

With the season they had and the way they started game one, they thought this was going to be easy and they took their foot off the gas peddle. 

Now Columbus isn't even allowing Tampa to get back into the car so they can step on the gas peddle again.

I know you basically throw everything out once the playoffs start, but this is a disaster of epic proportions for Tampa.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, njbuff said:

With the season they had and the way they started game one, they thought this was going to be easy and they took their foot off the gas peddle. 

Now Columbus isn't even allowing Tampa to get back into the car so they can step on the gas peddle again.

I know you basically throw everything out once the playoffs start, but this is a disaster of epic proportions for Tampa.

Mr Tortorella (sp?) never goes down without a fight, he and Mike Keenan were great game tacticians, despised by everyone all the while

Who cares about the regular season if the team is going to the playoffs already?

Edited by row_33

4 minutes ago, njbuff said:

I hope Tampons get shut out 4-0... I have to work with some of their douchebag fans who  are in love with the presidents trophy and guaranteed a sweep. Honestly, people down here don't understand hockey overall. All they know is "our team is in this, good for us". They can't even name 5 players on the team much less the head coaches name. This is good, really good.

2 minutes ago, T&C said:

I hope Tampons get shut out 4-0... I have to work with some of their douchebag fans who  are in love with the presidents trophy and guaranteed a sweep. Honestly, people down here don't understand hockey overall. All they know is "our team is in this, good for us". They can't even name 5 players on the team much less the head coaches name. This is good, really good.

They have have a big ceremony to unfurl the banner in October.

• Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, The Senator said:

Great stuff here! Like an idiot, i picked Tampa to win it all. Row33 chastised me for such lunacy.

He was right, I was wrong.

GO BLUE JACKETS!!!! ???

I didn’t expect them to crater THiS early

and it’s fine for a team to go full out in the regular season, Tampa fans can’t be that spoiled by success, not sure they rally have any in baseball either...

the Raptors are on their way to six straight regular season glories and quick dismal playoff exits. So maybe Toronto Iran’s can wake up next year....

9 minutes ago, row_33 said:

and it’s fine for a team to go full out in the regular season, Tampa fans can’t be that spoiled by success, not sure they rally have any in baseball either...

the Raptors are on their way to six straight regular season glories and quick dismal playoff exits. So maybe Toronto Iran’s can wake up next year....

I remember when Bowman coached the ‘bres... we’d lead the division and conference in total points, then lose in that stupid best-of-three elimination round!

Edited by The Senator

Hockey’s the longest grind to take the title 

takes a a lot of talent and health and luck along the way

finishing tops in the regular season doesn’t help you, I think 8th place won it all a few years ago?

Good use of the Beastie Boys in celebration 

Edited by row_33

12 minutes ago, row_33 said:

When I’m in Florida, I’m more interested in fishing, eating grouper, and snow crab, than watching any of their teams!

As for the Raptors,  or any  TO teams, well, to me, they are all non-entities.

4 minutes ago, The Senator said:

When I’m in Florida, I’m more interested in fishing, eating grouper, and snow crab, than watching any of their teams!

As for the Raptors,  or any  TO teams, well, to me, they are all non-entities.

I wouldn’t trade my Toronto fan years for continued success

15 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Hockey’s the longest grind to take the title 

takes a a lot of talent and health and luck along the way

finishing tops in the regular season doesn’t help you, I think 8th place won it all a few years ago?

Good use of the Beastie Boys in celebration 

Yes.  The Los Angeles Kings!  Who also two years later revered swept the San Jose Sharks.

8 minutes ago, row_33 said:

I wouldn’t trade my Toronto fan years for continued success

I will concede this - one of the many great things about growing up Buffalo, or what I sometimes affectionately call ‘Lower Canada’ or ‘Fort Erie East’, was having 3 extra TV channels from Toronto, 5, 9, and 11, WAY before someone invented cable TV, and watching ‘Hockey Night in Canada’ every Saturday nite.

Edited by The Senator
  • Like (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, The Senator said:

I will concede this - one of the many great things about growing up Buffalo, or what I sometimes affectionately call ‘Lower Canada’ or ‘Fort Erie East’, was having 3 extra TV channels from Toronto, 5, 9, and 11, WAY before someone invented cable TV, and watching ‘Hockey Night in Canada’ every Saturday nite.

We got 2 and 4 and 7 and PBS from Buffalo for a great cross-cultural experience

And then a cable box that provide channel 28, that was living!!

3 minutes ago, row_33 said:

We got 2 and 4 and 7 and PBS from Buffalo for a great cross-cultural experience

And then a cable box that provide channel 28, that was living!!

Ohmygosh, Howey Meeker!  Peter Puck!  

Even today, I live for Don Cherry - a kind of ‘Bobby “The Brain” Heenan’ of pro hockey!

42 minutes ago, The Senator said:

Ohmygosh, Howey Meeker!  Peter Puck!  

Even today, I live for Don Cherry - a kind of ‘Bobby “The Brain” Heenan’ of pro hockey!

Thanks, good memories.