What NFL executive is this?!!!

eball

43 minutes ago, #34fan said:

Oh, I can see all the gullible homers just fine.

It’s remarkable how those of you who don’t like the plan turn it into “I don’t see a plan” and call everyone who does a homer.

Sad. 

34 minutes ago, eball said:

It’s remarkable how those of you who don’t like the plan turn it into “I don’t see a plan” and call everyone who does a homer.

Sad. 

I'm sorry but, what is the plan?  -Since you seem to know.

Just what I thought... Homerism to the point of defending something you can't even explain... For someone who's job it is to see plans to say; "I' don't see a plan" means a lot to me... Note: the exec never said there was no plan,  -The entire premise of the thread is ridiculous.

2 minutes ago, #34fan said:

Just what I thought... Homerism to the point of defending something you can't even explain... For someone who's job it is to see plans to say; "I' don't see a plan" means a lot to me... Note: the exec never said there was no plan,  -The entire premise of the thread is ridiculous.

So to me the plan starts with to protect Allen better - particularly the integrity of the pocket. They have added a center and a guard who are both very good players and will make a massive difference. Then I think in terms of offensive weapons in free agency the plan was just upgrade on what we had in 2018 (which wad not much). Tyler Kroft, John Brown and Beasley are not the eventual cast of playmakers they want for Allen but it wasnt a great FA crop for those and they were all upgrades on what we already had here. 

By improving the protection and the weapons the idea is the Bills give themselves a real chance of knowing what they have in Allen by the end of 2019. In 2018 it was too hard to judge. He made a lot of play but outside the structure of the offense in a way that was fun but not long term sustainable. They want to see him demonstrate he can develop within an offense this year and these moves are, in my mind at least, drive by that desire. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

So to me the plan starts with to protect Allen better - particularly the integrity of the pocket. They have added a center and a guard who are both very good players and will make a massive difference. Then I think in terms of offensive weapons in free agency the plan was just upgrade on what we had in 2018 (which wad not much). Tyler Kroft, John Brown and Beasley are not the eventual cast of playmakers they want for Allen but it wasnt a great FA crop for those and they were all upgrades on what we already had here. 

By improving the protection and the weapons the idea is the Bills give themselves a real chance of knowing what they have in Allen by the end of 2019. In 2018 it was too hard to judge. He made a lot of play but outside the structure of the offense in a way that was fun but not long term sustainable. They want to see him demonstrate he can develop within an offense this year and these moves are, in my mind at least, drive by that desire. 

So says the lucid, ever-positive, TBD elder-statesman...  Unfortunately, I'm not reading a lot of winning into that plan... The unnamed exec is well within his rights to be skeptical if you're right... For example, I don't think two years in is the time to be figuring out "what they have" in their franchise QB. -That's what a rookie season is for... Lest we forget that these are NFL professionals with decades of experience between them. -They should all know what they have by now...

To your point about development, I think JA has already proven he can not only develop, but also adapt, and improvise within an offense.  Through his first eight games JA had 464 rushing yards.  -That's more than Michael Vick had at the same point in his career. (418)   Through weeks 11, 12, and 13 Allen averaged 111.7 rush ypg. -That's more than Zeke Elliot through the same period (97.1)...  A kid like that deserves a better o-line, which I credit Mcbeane for addressing.  However, he also deserves easier, more reliable passing targets. -Players who can actually score... Loading up on 2 sub 6-foot WR's, a TE coming off major foot surgery, and the oldest RB in the league does not inspire much confidence in McBeane's offensive planning.

I'm waiting see what they do in the draft, but I submit that any plan that doesn't involve securing a top flight TE, and reliable #1 receiver for this Athletic, rocket-armed, QB,  is misguided, and likely won't serve the team's best interest, A.K.A. winning football games.

Edited by #34fan

3 hours ago, #34fan said:

The direct quote from the exec was “Buffalo is getting a lot of love but I don’t see a plan.”

You’re making yourself look silly.

1 hour ago, eball said:

The direct quote from the exec was “Buffalo is getting a lot of love but I don’t see a plan.”

You’re making yourself look silly.

Not as silly as the guy who started this moronic thread.. They wrote:

On ‎4‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 4:38 AM, eball said:

No plan?

All kidding aside...I mean, wow.  Feel free to question whether the signings are good ones, but to say there is no plan?

This sounds like the ramblings of somebody who may be a bit envious of how much the Bills were able to accomplish in FA.

Either some complete idiot hijacked your computer, or...

6 hours ago, #34fan said:

Not as silly as the guy who started this moronic thread.. They wrote:

Either some complete idiot hijacked your computer, or...

No, there's only one idiot hanging out in this thread...

• Haha (+1) 1

14 hours ago, #34fan said:

I'm sorry but, what is the plan?  -Since you seem to know.

It's not that difficult.  I can see the plan (aka process) for the past 3 seasons.  I've questioned it for sure, but there is a plan. 

1. Clear the Cap hell
  2. Retool the Defense to a Top 10
  3. Get your QB of the future while still doing 1 and 2
  4. Build the Offense to support the young QB. 

The only thing truly not addressed (thus far) is a young (long term stud) RB.  

All I can say is that if you don't see the plan and actions taken to improve the team then maybe you just don't want to?

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

7 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

It's not that difficult.  I can see the plan (aka process) for the past 3 seasons.  I've questioned it for sure, but there is a plan. 

1. Clear the Cap hell
  2. Retool the Defense to a Top 10
  3. Get your QB of the future while still doing 1 and 2
  4. Build the Offense to support the young QB. 

The only thing truly not addresses (thus far) is a young (long term stud) RB.  

All I can say is that if you don't see the plan and actions taken to improve the team then maybe you just don't want to?

He has to be trolling no one could be that ignorant to not see what this team is trying to do. 

No one knows of it will work but saying they can't see the plan is scary knowing these people vote.

• Thank you (+1) 1