With another Guard just signed....was this the plan last year? Is there more traction to moving up this draft?

Ramza86

5 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

40th to 30th would cost a 3rd.

A trade up wouldn't surprise me but one where they give up an earlyish pick would. We'll see.

A possibility I see is trading up from 40 to 31 with the Rams..

Rams have 31 and then two picks at the bottom of the third...

They could swap 31 and 99 for 40 and 74..

1 minute ago, Aussie Joe said:

A possibility I see is trading up from 40 to 31 with the Rams..

Rams have 31 and then two picks at the bottom of the third...

They could swap 31 and 99 for 40 and 74..

I think the Bills would love that if they could get it.

But that would mean the Bills would get 100 points by only giving away 15 points. I think the Rams would laugh in our face at that deal. But if the Bills could get it, yeah, jump on it.

7 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

I think the Bills would love that if they could get it.

But that would mean the Bills would get 100 points by only giving away 15 points. I think the Rams would laugh in our face at that deal. But if the Bills could get it, yeah, jump on it.

Huh?

On the Johnson trade chart moving up from 40 to 31 is 100 points... 

Pick 74 is 220 points and pick 99 is 104 points..

Edited by Aussie Joe

On 4/3/2019 at 8:20 AM, apuszczalowski said:

I think thos just makes it more likely they go heavy on defence again in the draft this year. It looks like they went heavy of the offence in FA to hopefully get it rebuilt to a point where it wont be costing them games like the last few years, while the defence will continue to get built through the draft.

Despite being #2 in yards allowed, the Bills D still lagged in some crucial categories. We would do well to add a couple impact players on the DL where only Hughes stands out, at CB opposite White where we could use competition and at LB where our best player is 1 year from retiring. Milano is good, but not great. Edmunds is a real disappointment. I'm fine with drafting D if the value isn't there on O. In fact, we really need a beast at both DT and DE. Great defense starts up front.

On 4/6/2019 at 8:25 AM, Clemfield2622 said:

I don't see them moving up from 9, but certainly could move up at any other point.

In fact it wouldn't shock me to see a trade down from 9 AND a trade up back into the 1st. 

I think this is exactly how it's going to play out if Bosa, Williams, Gary, Oliver, Wilkins, Allen are taken before 9.  Beane makes multiple trades down, and then up, ending with two first round pick

They say if you have 2 good starters from a draft, it's a great draft.  I am guessing Beane tries to parlay the 10 picks and perhaps players(WR,OL) into 3-4 starters. 

Edited by Pete

15 hours ago, 1ManRaid said:

Maybe the Giants themselves, if Haskins is still there at 9.

If the Giants want Haskins they will just take him at 6 instead of trading back up. You don't risk not getting your QB to take another prospect at pick 6. The trade down scenario is in my opinion (Which is worth nothing) that makes the most sense for the Bills would be for Drew Lock. I don't see a defensive or O-line prospect that a team will clamor over to trade up for. However Drew Lock is rising up draft boards and the Bills sit just ahead of Denver a QB needy team. The Bills don't need a QB and might not be in a position to take a top 6 pass rusher if the 49ers, Jets, Raiders, Bucs, Jags, and Lions take pass rushers and the Giants and Cards take their QB's. 

So the Bills would love the opportunity to trade down to let any team get ahead of Denver who presumably might want a QB. Cincy, Miami, and Washington sit at picks 11, 13, and 15 and all need long term QB solutions. Ideally I would love to take Ed Oliver but if Washington wants to give up pick 15, 46, plus a 3rd or 4th in 2020 (This front office is too good at drafting to not want to stash a solid pick for next year in such a trade) for pick 9 and toss back a late round pick I would do so. It would arm the Bills with picks 15, 40, and 46 and a solid pick in their back pocket for 2020. 

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

Huh?

On the Johnson trade chart moving up from 40 to 31 is 100 points... 

Pick 74 is 220 points and pick 99 is 104 points..

Don't know how I screwed that up. You're right.

The Johnson chart likes it, as you say, but the new Hill chart doesn't, saying the Bills would get 41 (#40 is 149 and #31 is 190), and Houston only 28 (#99 is 36 and #74 is 64 points, though the chart is modified a bit when you consider picks, but the trade still looks uneven).

https://www.patspulpit.com/2017/4/23/15398184/2017-nfl-draft-creating-a-brand-new-nfl-draft-value-trade-chart  (without comp picks)

https://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart-Rich-Hill.asp  (with comp picks)

It's an interesting possibility. I wouldn't do it, myself if I were the Rams, it just looks wrong. But maybe they'll like it better than me.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1