If Allen is real deal, bills make playoffs

On 3/19/2019 at 10:09 PM, QBorBust2018 said:

Nice pieces added in free agency. Could still use another piece on offense whether that’s OL, TE, RB

but if Allen is going to be a franchise QBs, this team makes playoffs.  Good QBs can carry a team to playoffs almost every year 

If they dont make it and the team isn’t decimated by injuries, I will hit the panic button on qb 

I agree.  However, I think even if he is ok I think they could make the playoffs.

if the kid gives you more than 20 td passes, and 25 or more tds, total, as well as not be a turnover machine like Sam Darnold has been the last three years (I like Darnold, but dig intended there) then it should be a good season.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

3 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

So let me get this straight here.... you realize it’s a really flawed and, IMO, silly comparison but still choose to feel that way? 

Also I would argue you need to stop merely citing the recent qb trends as reason why we need to view the qb as playoffs or bust. How about we quit referencing the exception to the rule. I would argue history says qb’s, as a general rule, are gonna take more than just a year to be playoff ready. You seem to be approaching all this from a really shortsighted viewpoint. 

I'm approaching it from an entirely honest viewpoint, which is why I cited as much in the previous post.

I don't really trust Josh Allen to develop into a top flight QB, so that's naturally going to skew my opinion. There are plenty of reasons for skepticism, but I'll set that aside as they've been regurgitated ad nauseam. I will say based on recent history, NOT making the playoffs would be the exception rather than the rule. If there was 2 examples, I'd be more inclined to take the wait and see approach. There are FIVE!!! Five is not some anomaly. If it's not playoffs or bust, it should be big time progress/at least compete for a playoff spot or bust.

On 3/19/2019 at 10:21 PM, Augie said:

I’ll take solid progress, and be pleased with that. There are a lot of moving parts here, and NFL QB is not an easy job.  QBorBust2018 can picnic if you like. I hope I never panic over a sports team. 

...good call Augie......plenty of NEW moving parts as well as 10 picks in the draft......need to lighten Josh's load and change his "I can do it all" mode....rather see him on the field for 10 years as our "franchise QB" versus on a gurney.....his size, speed, agility, moxy, leadership and "no guts no glory...no bawls no blue chips" characteristics are laudatory, but let's keep him around for awhile.....PLEASE...........

22 minutes ago, DJB said:

I do expect some improvements but even if we miss doesn't mean he isn't a good QB.

Aaron Rodgers missed last year. Is he a crap QB?

...Danica does NOT approve of this message....:thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 2

45 minutes ago, DJB said:

I do expect some improvements but even if we miss doesn't mean he isn't a good QB.

Aaron Rodgers missed last year. Is he a crap QB?

Does A Rodgers normally take his team to the playoffs? Yes

To be clear though theres a huge difference between a second year QB still developing who wasn't even projected to play last season vs a veteran franchise QB. 

Edited by Figster