Ireland and Brexit

https://www.cfr.org/article/brexits-stickiest-point-irish-backstop

Very interesting situation with the border, or lack thereof now, between North Ireland and the South. There is a chance it might lead to a United Ireland. 

The Irish backstop is an attempt to avoid renewed instability in Northern Ireland, but opponents say it could keep the United Kingdom trapped in the European Union’s customs union forever. The dispute could determine the future of Brexit.

Clinton administrations deal still in place and working! 

Ignorance reminders from Hedge? Of course! Of course! 

Just now, 3rdnlng said:

Do you know of any good guacamole recipes?

Ha ha, your right wing propaganda outlets don't have anything for you to *think* on this? 

No surprise at all. 

14 minutes ago, Hedge said:

Public Service Reminder: This thread was started by Tibs.

a total waste of time and life for anyone who reads it?

so my cat has a sensitive stomach and certain types of wet grocery store food disagrees with her

the gravy type doesn't have as much fiber as the grilled or pate cuisines

at least that is my latest theory after a few days of regurgitation of the food a minute after eating it...

the park squirrels are coming down from the trees now

the old and big fatties stayed up in their hollowed out sections of the oaks from December to now, coming down to grab the easy buried food in the thaw

the youngsters are out and about learning the ropes of foraging

• Like (+1) 2

http://www.msn.com/en-us/health/nutrition/sea-salt-vs-table-salt-which-one-is-better-for-you/ar-BBUWtOQ?li=BBnba9O&ocid=HPDHP17

You’ve probably given some thought to the type of salt you use at home—particularly, whether you choose sea salt or good old-fashioned table salt. Less processed than traditional table salt, both sea salt and Himalayan salt retain more of their original mineral content, such as magnesium and potassium. But do the trace minerals and elements mean sea salt is healthy?

It turns out—maybe not.

Sea salt vs. table salt

Lots of people think sea salt is better because of its minerals—but sea salt and table salt have the same basic nutritional value, according to the Mayo Clinic. Both sea salt and table salt also have a similar amount of sodium by weight.

According to a study published in the Environmental Science and TechnologyJournal, sea salt has more than trace minerals, too. In many cases, there’s also plastic leeched onto sea salt. Yes, plastic! The problem is, thanks to the plastic bags and other debris in waterways, most sea salt brands contain plastic microparticles. Here are more surprising things you probably didn’t know about salt.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

Do you guys put your toilet paper in the correct 'over' position, or are you soulless filthy commie-terrorists who put it in the 'under' position?

it's over, if possible, so i can put a second roll on top for double ply in emergencieis

the roll on top is under...

2 hours ago, row_33 said:

a total waste of time and life for anyone who reads it?

so my cat has a sensitive stomach and certain types of wet grocery store food disagrees with her

the gravy type doesn't have as much fiber as the grilled or pate cuisines

at least that is my latest theory after a few days of regurgitation of the food a minute after eating it...

Want to hear something crazy.  My wife has always thought that the food you get cats in the store is not good for them.  So she made this meatloaf type stuff for the cat.  Spent all day with it.  Fed it to the cat and the cat sniffed around and looked at me with this "are you ***** kidding me??" look and walked away.  Kind of like the way I feel when I read a Tibs post. 

1 hour ago, 3rdnlng said:

Sea salt has little itsy bitsy fibers of plastic. Regular salt has more iodine.

I use kosher salt.  

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Want to hear something crazy.  My wife has always thought that the food you get cats in the store is not good for them.  So she made this meatloaf type stuff for the cat.  Spent all day with it.  Fed it to the cat and the cat sniffed around and looked at me with this "are you ***** kidding me??" look and walked away.  Kind of like the way I feel when I read a Tibs post. 

I use kosher salt.  

I'm not Jewish and would not want to appropriate their customs.  When I come and visit you over Memorial Day weekend are you going to serve me Matzah Balls?

2 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

I use kosher salt.  

My cats have most enjoyed walking up to a poured out tin of food and turnaround with total contempt for it.