Bishop Ed Head is dead

RIP Bishop Head :doh:

290677[/snapback]

Wow - to this day I still at mass hear in my head "...Edward, our bishop..." at that point in the Eucharistic Prayer

Wow - to this day I still at mass hear in my head "...Edward, our bishop..." at that point in the Eucharistic Prayer

290695[/snapback]

Man I just had a flashback to my days as memeber of OLBS parish. RIP Bishop Head.

I was an alter boy in Orchard Park. For my sister's confirmation, he was there and my job was to hold the golden staff....i was in the background pretending it was a putter.....needless to say it was taken away from me and i was asked to sit down. The guy who told me to sit down was Msgr. Popadick...how's that for a priest's name??

290695[/snapback]

Damn, I haven't lived in WNY for years and you're right, it's still stuck in my brain.

RIP Bishop.

Damn, I haven't lived in WNY for years and you're right, it's still stuck in my brain.

RIP Bishop.

290721[/snapback]

Is it a regional thing? I grew up in Miami and also remember the "Edward our bishop" line. Unless by coincidence, we also had a bishop named Edward.

Is it a regional thing? I grew up in Miami and also remember the "Edward our bishop" line. Unless by coincidence, we also had a bishop named Edward.

290728[/snapback]

Connecticut had the same thing. Their bishop Edward (Egan) went on to become a cardinal and the current archbishop of New York.

Yup, i was confirmed by bishop Ed Head as well...that name always made us laugh in sunday school...

290762[/snapback]

He gave me my first communion, and I have had the pleasure of being an Alter server at several masses that he said for other classes 1st communions, etc.. Plus he said the mass when our pastor died.