Who would you take, D. K. or T. J.?

Assuming the Bills don't sign any free agents at either position by the time of the draft, who would you pick? You can only draft one.   

171 members have voted

1. 1. Assuming the Bills don't sign any free agents at either position by the time of the draft, who would you pick? You can only draft one.

• D. K. Metcalf
    • T. J. Hockenson

There is a need at both positions but i can't see Bean & company not doing anything in FA so i can't say because FA is a huge part of determining what you do in the draft & from what i've heard DK is a freak but didn't really do a lot while in college but could be the next Julio .

We need a good TE but with out a good O line the TE might not be able to be used if the QB is on his back or running for his life i'm more inclined to go O line IF FA doesn't take care of that part of the team ...

I'll be a little more vague on my next answer ?

Edited by T master

If I'm having to make a decision between the two I take Hockenson as soon as we go on the clock. Injury history, terrible agility, the fact he wasn't even the best WR on his team, and the workout warrior hype lead me to believe DK will be a bust in the NFL. I think Hockenson is the safer pick and he not only helps in the receiving game, but the run game as well. 

Need a "neither" option. I don't like either with our #9 pick. I don't see them lasting to round 2 so we'd need to trade down. I'd be ok with that depending on how far we go down and what we get back. 

I'm all for the top dlineman at #9. Give me any of Oliver, Burns, Ferrell, Wilkins. To a lesser extent I'd be good with Gary, Sweat or Polite if that's who Beane and Co think is the right guy. 

On ‎3‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 11:35 AM, whatdrought said:

I wouldn’t love either at 9, but is take TJ first for 3 reasons.

1- helps the run game and the pass game.

2- the drop from a TJ to a Kaden Smith in the second round, vs the drop from a Metcalf to a Deboo Samuel etc is more problematic for me.

3- the agility times on Metcalf are scary for many reasons most of which (which is widely ignored around here) is that it shows that he dedicated all of his time to getting fast on the 40 and getting big on the bench. He’s tight. Hes not a fluid athlete right now. He’s a big, fast, strong guy who can do certain things well but who is not a wholistically athletic person. He’s not a “freak” imo because he didn’t perform well across the board. Guys dominate the big show events at the combine all the time only to show that they can’t play football.

I'd rather have Samuel than DK.  And if DK is the freak athlete that he appears to be, why didn't he totally dominate all games at Old Miss.  Huge issue for a one-trick pony. 

1 minute ago, RyanC883 said:

I'd rather have Samuel than DK.  And if DK is the freak athlete that he appears to be, why didn't he totally dominate all games at Old Miss.  Huge issue for a one-trick pony. 

I love Samuel. I would love Samuel in the second and then someone like David Sills in the 5th just for the size. 

• Like (+1) 1