Charles Clay Released

FluffHead

2 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

If we had dumped Stone Hands KB in October CC may have had a better season.  

70 catch is probably asking a lot for a TE  (isn't it?) 

Sure is.. 

Good luck Charles.  

Enjoy the other Josh 

Not for a tight end you're paying 9 or 10 million dollars a season.  70 catches is the norm for guys in that pay range.

But again, Charles Clay didnt pay himself.  

7 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Charles Clay was a victim of  Tyrod Taylor and then 

Nate Peterman and a rookie Josh Allen 

Clay dropped ***** left and right and was hampered by ongoing knee problems.  Clay was weird though...  He would drop an easy pitch and catch right in his hands, but then catch some miracle sideline pass.

On 2/18/2019 at 9:44 AM, White Linen said:

I'm going to try one more time to explain it to you.  I get it, you hate Clay and are trying to hold on to a position that doesn't hold up.  

In 2015 the Bills were 28th in passing yards - Clay was 16th among TE's 

In 2016 the Bills were 30th in passing yards - Clay was 18th among TE's 

In 2017 the Bills were 31st in passing yards - Clay was 13th among TE's

He outperformed on a putrid passing team with a massive QB problem.  Find someone else to take your emotional outbursts on.  

This is a gross exaggeration.  Clay was a mediocre TE while being paid as if the best.  He underachieved and its not really debatable.  His career numbers are very consistent.  

More importantly, I have watched too many passes bounce of his hands, literally hit him in the back not looking for passes, run sloppy and lazy engaged routes when not involved enough, etc.  

He was a decent TE whose focus and regular engagement waned over his time here.  Lets not over exaggerate his performance.

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

This is a gross exaggeration.  Clay was a mediocre TE while being paid as if the best.  He underachieved and its not really debatable.  His career numbers are very consistent.  

More importantly, I have watched too many passes bounce of his hands, literally hit him in the back not looking for passes, run sloppy and lazy engaged routes when not involved enough, etc.  

He was a decent TE whose focus and regular engagement waned over his time here.  Lets not over exaggerate his performance.

No no no, never exaggerated.   I stated he likely wasn't worth the money - go back and look. 

I just merely responded to the suggestion that Clay was totally inept, completely unreliable and .  That's 100% untrue.  

His performance as it relates to the percentage of our total offensive production are facts.  

You're saying my whole point.  "Clay was a mediocre TE" - while on a team among the leagues worst passing offenses.  That's without adding his contributions to a couple of years of a really nice running team.  I agree that being mediocre isn't worth the money he received.  I believe it was the right move to cut him.  

28 minutes ago, White Linen said:

No no no, never exaggerated.   I stated he likely wasn't worth the money - go back and look. 

I just merely responded to the suggestion that Clay was totally inept, completely unreliable and .  That's 100% untrue.  

His performance as it relates to the percentage of our total offensive production are facts.  

You're saying my whole point.  "Clay was a mediocre TE" - while on a team among the leagues worst passing offenses.  That's without adding his contributions to a couple of years of a really nice running team.  I agree that being mediocre isn't worth the money he received.  I believe it was the right move to cut him.  

Ok, I only responded to the one post.  I agree that he was not totally inept or completely unreliable, I mean he did have some good games and was always a good blocker.  

However, I was disputing you saying he "outperformed" on a bad passing team when he was also a cog of that bad passing team.  His numbers here were on par with his career, and he was a guy who got paid to be top 3 at this position and yet played well below that level.