Coonman says it wasn’t him, after yesterday’s apology ???

Never forget:

none of this would be happening in Virginia right now if Kathy Tran hadn't introduced a bill to legalize abortion all the way up until birth.

A bill that was going nowhere in the statehouse. That's what made Northam's med-school classmate drop the dime on him.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I've been hearing this one too. It's a way to prevent the GOP from taking over the governor's mansion. 

Not sure it's legal? Expecting it'll be down to a new election in the fall.

Have to believe that would be blocked in some manner or another... 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, whatdrought said:

Have to believe that would be blocked in some manner or another... 

I am in no way an expert or even amateur at Virginia state law, so I really don't know. But it seems like a weird loop hole that shouldn't be legal... perhaps one of the attorneys on the board can speak more to it.

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

I am in no way an expert or even amateur at Virginia state law, so I really don't know. But it seems like a weird loop hole that shouldn't be legal... perhaps one of the attorneys on the board can speak more to it.

Legally speaking the ascending Governor nominates his successor to Lt. Gov. But I imagine any move like this would cause a giant amount of hoopla and probably some form of suit in the SC. Not sure the legality either, but I think this might compel me to pick up the phone and call my district rep to voice my displeasure in the bastardization of the government of the state by the democrat ass holes. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, /dev/null said:

Does a replacement LG have to be approved by either house of the Virginia legislature.  Both of which are controlled by Republicans

No, at this point I think they just want someone who isn't afraid to show their high school yearbook to anyone.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

Just now, LABillzFan said:

No, at this point I think they just want someone who isn't afraid to show their high school yearbook to anyone.

So was it taboo to have that in your yearbook in Virginia in the 1990s?

Here is a rundown on how succession would go:

If the governor were to resign, the lieutenant governor — Justin Fairfax — would assume the office of governor for the duration of the governor’s term. That is what people thought would happen … 

</snip>

If the lieutenant governor were elevated to the governorship or if the lieutenant governor resigned — now a genuine possibility — then the current president pro tempore of the State Senate “assumes the duties” of the lieutenant governor. Note that the president pro tempore does not assume the office of lieutenant governor. It is a subtle difference, but the office of lieutenant governor would be left open until the next statewide election in 2021.

The current president pro tempore of the Virginia Senate is Sen. Steve Newman of the Lynchburg area. Newman is a Republican — a mild-mannered conservative who is well-liked on both sides of the aisle.

Interestingly, he would not have to give up his Senate seat as he assumed the duties of the lieutenant governor. That means that he would get his vote as a state senator, and he would also get to vote to break any ties that arise in the chamber.

</snip>

There is more, and it is worth reading if you are interested in the Clown Show in Virginia

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Welllllllllllll this opp took an unexpected turn. There have been whispers that Fairfax is a "creep" and his past was "polished" as he was to be pushed on to higher offices after the LT Gov gig was up. "People" expected him to be the next VA Governor, and then on to the White House. That appears most unlikely now. The question I have is... what else is going to come out about him? His handlers are said to be "most unhappy".  

:lol:

Edited by Buffalo_Gal
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

There's literally not enough popcorn

Oh wow. 

Christmas came early... Or late... 

this is the greatest screenplay that nobody could ever think up... 

36 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Here is a rundown on how succession would go:

If the governor were to resign, the lieutenant governor — Justin Fairfax — would assume the office of governor for the duration of the governor’s term. That is what people thought would happen … 

</snip>

If the lieutenant governor were elevated to the governorship or if the lieutenant governor resigned — now a genuine possibility — then the current president pro tempore of the State Senate “assumes the duties” of the lieutenant governor. Note that the president pro tempore does not assume the office of lieutenant governor. It is a subtle difference, but the office of lieutenant governor would be left open until the next statewide election in 2021.

The current president pro tempore of the Virginia Senate is Sen. Steve Newman of the Lynchburg area. Newman is a Republican — a mild-mannered conservative who is well-liked on both sides of the aisle.

Interestingly, he would not have to give up his Senate seat as he assumed the duties of the lieutenant governor. That means that he would get his vote as a state senator, and he would also get to vote to break any ties that arise in the chamber.

</snip>

There is more, and it is worth reading if you are interested in the Clown Show in Virginia

This is a good run down... On that note, maybe we can just make Cuccinelli governor. 

Edited by whatdrought
  • Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

the local news here in Richmond is just pure comedy gold right now...station I am watching (CBS affiliate)seems overwhelmed ... too many stories for a little local station to cover i guess

Southern Democrats have a large portion of social conservatives and they had enough with this crew.

• Like (+1) 1