Jump to content
PromoTheRobot

The AAF Thread

Recommended Posts

Stallions @ Fleet was some good football :beer:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great game there. Bercovici’s second start was infinitely better than his first. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can't beat the Fleet!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After seeing how this is going, I have even less hope for the XFL.

There's some things they could learn from the AAF, but there's also a foundation-level decision that's going to work against them IMO.

Even though the advantages they could have by all being owned by Vince, having negotiated TV deals well in advance, they already have a multi-million install base with their streaming service, and can advertise to a large audience free of charge, the key mistake they made is the location of their founding teams.

Instead of picking smaller cities in regions with more passionate, loyal fans who would probably be thrilled to get a chance at a pro football team, they went with established big markets that not only have NFL teams, but have countless other pro sports teams & things to do in the spring instead of going to XFL games.

If they picked markets like the AAF targeted, then used their advertising and marketing connections to their advantage, I have a feeling it could turn into a more financially stable AAF. But going with cities like New York, San Francisco and Dallas (they did hit up St. Louis so that's one good choice) will get you ignored worse than the Chargers in LA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aaron Murray looking good. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, BigDingus said:

After seeing how this is going, I have even less hope for the XFL.

There's some things they could learn from the AAF, but there's also a foundation-level decision that's going to work against them IMO.

Even though the advantages they could have by all being owned by Vince, having negotiated TV deals well in advance, they already have a multi-million install base with their streaming service, and can advertise to a large audience free of charge, the key mistake they made is the location of their founding teams.

Instead of picking smaller cities in regions with more passionate, loyal fans who would probably be thrilled to get a chance at a pro football team, they went with established big markets that not only have NFL teams, but have countless other pro sports teams & things to do in the spring instead of going to XFL games.

If they picked markets like the AAF targeted, then used their advertising and marketing connections to their advantage, I have a feeling it could turn into a more financially stable AAF. But going with cities like New York, San Francisco and Dallas (they did hit up St. Louis so that's one good choice) will get you ignored worse than the Chargers in LA.

I think the xfl's only chance is to start going after larger name players or college players. I dont think they can compete with nfl or ncaa tho. They need to be like the usfl but with a lot more money to keep it afloat until its profitable. I dont see them succeeding. 

Edited by Not at the table Karlos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bills2ref said:

Well San Antonio is absolutely thumping Arizona tonight. 

 

Pick six first series was enough for me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

I think the xfl's only chance is to start going after larger name players or college players. I dont think they can compete with nfl or ncaa tho. They need to be like the usfl but with a lot more money to keep it afloat until its profitable. I dont see them succeeding. 

 

It's pretty obvious the NFL favors the AAF. I mean they are on NFLN. Jerruh Jones is seen wearing an AAF cap. They want the league to succeed. It only helps them. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, PromoTheRobot said:

 

It's pretty obvious the NFL favors the AAF. I mean they are on NFLN. Jerruh Jones is seen wearing an AAF cap. They want the league to succeed. It only helps them. 

For the second time in their existence, I do believe the NFL would like to see a minor league succeed. 

48 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

I'd like to bring WR Mekale McKay to camp.

Big Play McKay would not be a bad addition

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd like to see Ross (Arizona) and Johnson (Orlando) in camp this year. Two good receivers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, PromoTheRobot said:

 

It's pretty obvious the NFL favors the AAF. I mean they are on NFLN. Jerruh Jones is seen wearing an AAF cap. They want the league to succeed. It only helps them. 

Yeah i think the nfl wants the aaf to to do well but was replying to post about how the XFL is going to succeed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Yeah i think the nfl wants the aaf to to do well but was replying to post about how the XFL is going to succeed. 

 

I also think the NFL wants to smother the XFL in its crib. Another reason to back the AAF. They didn't forget about the first incarnation of the XFL.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nothing good comes from fighting for that extra half yard. You converted the onside play only to give the ball right back 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Conspiracy theory: Can't let the Hotshots be good... all the AZ Cardinals fans will defect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is a game between the best teams in this league honestly better in quality than 12 NFL games on a given weekend?

 

 

At least half of the NFL games are total garbage each week....

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watching a replay of SD and Salt Lake, tuned in for 4th qtr. What a great finish, don't know how it ends, 16 secs left and SD needs a fg. The kick is good! But you guys already knew that.😁  

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

So the announcers during the Apollos game just said Johnny Manziel signed with the AAF. What team should be interesting.

Edited by Buffalo_Gal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

So the announcers during the Appolo game just said Johnny Manziel signed with the AAF. What team should be interesting.

This should be fun.:w00t:

 

Edited by stosh64

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

So the announcers during the Apollos game just said Johnny Manziel signed with the AAF. What team should be interesting.

They said it'll be waivers, so it'll just deoend on who claims him 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, cle23 said:

They said it'll be waivers, so it'll just deoend on who claims him 

 

Memphis will be "interesting" 😛

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Johnny Manziel. That will be must watch football for his first start. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Arizona @ Orlando looks like the last team to score is gonna win...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×