The AAF Thread

1 minute ago, Chandler#81 said:

I like the way the game moves along. Quick penalty assessment and announcements, split screen commercials while play continues and short halftime. I’m being won over -while taking grief from the missus..’wth are you watching?!’

Sky judge for replays is a great thing. No Al Riveron taking bids in NY for the call

Do we still have AJ Tarplys rights since he retired?

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

I like the way the game moves along. Quick penalty assessment and announcements, split screen commercials while play continues and short halftime. I’m being won over -while taking grief from the missus..’wth are you watching?!’

This game took just over 2-1/2 hours.  I don't think they've had a game over 3 hours yet.

Meanwhile the TV ratings have been pretty good.

https://awfulannouncing.com/turner/despite-rumors-of-impending-doom-aaf-viewership-was-solid-in-week-2.html

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, /dev/null said:

Arizona vs Salt Lake uniforms looks like a Packers vs Lions Color Rush

Just a minute ago a Navy Federal banner appeared at the bottom and the announcer said that military families can upgrade their seats in recognition of their service.  i think everybody can upgrade their seats to an entire row

We did that at the week 1 Hotshots game. Were sitting behind the EZ, but there were so many sideline seats open. We went over there at halftime and no one cared.

I've watched the quick highlights of most games. I like many aspects of the league but the play is very sloppy. Next season they should give them more practice time before the season, maybe have some scrimmages. The sloppy play is what furthers the perception that these guys are scrubs. I'm sure it will continue to improve as the season goes on

11 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I wish the rules were all the same as the nfl. The rule changes just give it a diet football feel to me. It’s not the pro bowl. There doesn’t need to be rules against blitzing. So what if the offseason was short? Play football here.

These QB's would be like a deer in the headlights if they  let the D run wild.

I like the rules difference and it allows the O to move the ball a bit.

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, BuffBillsForLife said:

I hope this league doesn't run out of money like it almost did last week, it's fun to watch and the NFL desperately needed a real minor league.

I think the money shortage thing is false front.

My personal feelings are they are trying to fend off competition.

If it looks like your going to bleed red financially maybe it makes Vince M has a change of heart. JMHO

17 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

These QB's would be like a deer in the headlights if they  let the D run wild.

I like the rules difference and it allows the O to move the ball a bit.

Everyone just keeps saying why they did the things they did like I don’t understand. Nobody is watching and they needed a bailout to not fold after week 1. The things they decided to do are wrong and when the league doesn’t make it, these will be some of the reasons why. 

18 hours ago, BuffBillsForLife said:

I hope this league doesn't run out of money like it almost did last week, it's fun to watch and the NFL desperately needed a real minor league.

It will be interesting to see how many players get a shot in the NFL after this "audition".  If several players are able to make the transition back to the NFL, it will bring in more talent for future seasons.  I just hope NFL teams don't pluck players off of rosters mid season, it would suck to be cheering for a team and then have them lose their best players half way through.

But if they handle it correctly, players making NFL rosters straight from the AAF, will make that league even more relevant.   

11 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

It will be interesting to see how many players get a shot in the NFL after this "audition".  If several players are able to make the transition back to the NFL, it will bring in more talent for future seasons.  I just hope NFL teams don't pluck players off of rosters mid season, it would suck to be cheering for a team and then have them lose their best players half way through.

But if they handle it correctly, players making NFL rosters straight from the AAF, will make that league even more relevant.   

That can't happen because the entire AAF season starts after the Super Bowl and ends before the NFL draft. 

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

That can't happen because the entire AAF season starts after the Super Bowl and ends before the NFL draft. 

I was thinking about that, but could an NFL team make an offer to a player and then ask that they stop playing in order to avoid injury?  I am assuming/hoping, they took that into consideration from the beginning.

13 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

It’s an entertaining game so far. 2 good coaches. Nice crowd.

I am willing to bet NFL coaches are watching Spurrier to see if they can take anything from his play book to incorporate it into the NFL.  He is so fun to watch on the sideline.