Chris Trapasso Mock Draft: Bills take DT Ed Oliver

YoloinOhio

I don't believe the DT position has a huge impact on games. Oliver may have the pass rush ability to make an impact. I would much prefer Jawaan Taylor but it is looking like he might go top 5. Oliver would be a nice consolation prize. 

31 minutes ago, billspro said:

I don't believe the DT position has a huge impact on games. Oliver may have the pass rush ability to make an impact. I would much prefer Jawaan Taylor but it is looking like he might go top 5. Oliver would be a nice consolation prize. 

I hear ya. For me a top 10 DT has to have a (potential of course)significant affect to the pass rush. Q Williams and Oliver absolutely do for me, and C Wilkins I think just makes it in there for me as well.

44 minutes ago, billspro said:

Kyle wasn't a pass rushing force at LSU. He honed his craft at the next level. A DT needs to clog the middle, freeing up LB'ers firstly. A dominant pass rush is just gravy and sets them apart as a force to be reckoned with. That said, Oliver is that force

13 hours ago, billspro said:

A great pass rushing DT has dramatically risen in importance as offenses have focused more on getting the ball out quick.  In back to back Super Bowls Fletcher Cox and Aaron Donald have had a big impact on not allowing Brady to get comfortable.  The back to back NFL Defensive MVP is a DT who profiles similar to Oliver, I don't see how you can say they don't have a huge impact on games.

45 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

A great pass rushing DT has dramatically risen in importance as offenses have focused more on getting the ball out quick.  In back to back Super Bowls Fletcher Cox and Aaron Donald have had a big impact on not allowing Brady to get comfortable.  The back to back NFL Defensive MVP is a DT who profiles similar to Oliver, I don't see how you can say they don't have a huge impact on games.

Theres maybe 3 DTs in the NFL that are game changers. If you don’t have decent DTs, maybe 3-5 teams you will struggle to stop the run. If you make a list of the most important positions DT is way down there for me. 

On 1/28/2019 at 8:31 AM, CommonCents said:

Yeah, is he a firecracker or was that one foolish incident? He is the same size as Nkemdiche. Both were considered top overall picks at points in their college careers. 

I see the talent but this seems like a boom or bust selection. 

one off incident. Silly and foolish all around. But c'mon. You don't take clothes off a cold grown man to send some dumb message. NFL players get at least this level of respect from coaches for the most part as professionals. I don't see a problem. Funny story though.