Startled by God

13 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

DEAR FOXXY: I'm a 28-year-old male who has never had a girlfriend or a meaningful relationship. I'm well-educated, nice-looking and have a good sense of humor. But I get shy and nervous around the opposite sex. Compounding that, I seem to have a serious "resting face." People assume I'm frustrated or angry/grumpy when it's just my normal expression. I'm worried it makes me unapproachable or appear to be unpleasant.

I have overcome addiction, attend daily support meetings and have almost a year of sobriety. I avoid bar/club scenes where a lot of people my age socialize. I'm beginning to feel very alone and empty. I asked out a temp at my job, but she had a boyfriend and offered to set me up with a friend of hers. I declined because I was embarrassed.

My friends tell me it's a game of numbers, but it hurts being rejected all the time. I see beautiful, nice women with men who treat them badly, and I obsess over what's wrong with me. My experience with women is limited. I'm not looking for a commitment, just some friends to share good times and laughter with. I'd love to have someone to spend time with before loneliness awakens previous bad habits. -- ABOUT TO GIVE UP IN PPP

Here's some tips for dealing with women that will be sure to draw their attention. Always refer to the female bartender as "bar wench". You'll stand out and she will remember when you come back for more. If you see a woman you are attracted to just casually approach her and tell he she looks like your next wife. That infers that you have experience with a former wife so you're no rookie, but leaves a sense of impermanence in case she wants just a fling. Finally, give her a complement. My favorite is that skirt/pants/shorts are "very slimming". Works every time. Good luck.

• Haha (+1) 2

Goddamn you half-Japanese girls
Do it to me every time
Oh, the redhead said you shred the cello
And I'm jello, baby
But you won't talk, won't look, won't think of me
I'm the epitome of public enemy
Why you wanna go and do me like that?
Come down on the street and dance with me 

• 3 weeks later...

And here are the moral guardians of the Christian faith

https://www.washingtonpost.com/religion/2019/02/10/pure-evil-southern-baptist-leaders-condemn-decades-sexual-abuse-revealed-investigation/?utm_term=.4bbec10f7dd7

February 10 at 6:18 PM

“20 years, 700 victims”

So reads part of the headline of a sweeping investigationthat has found years of sexual abuse perpetrated by hundreds of Southern Baptist church leaders against an even larger number of victims.

The Houston Chronicle and the San Antonio Express-Newsreported that nearly 400 Southern Baptist church leaders and volunteers have faced sexual misconduct allegations in the past two decades. As many as 700 victims — some as young as 3 — were sexually abused, some raped and molested repeatedly, according to the report.

But instead of ensuring that sexual predators were kept at bay, the Southern Baptist Convention resisted policy changes, the newspapers found. Victims accused church leaders of mishandling their complaints, even hiding them from the public. While the majority of abusers have been convicted of sex crimes and are registered sex offenders, the investigation found that at least three dozen pastors, employees and volunteers who showed predatory behavior still worked at churches.

2 hours ago, Tiberius said:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/religion/2019/02/10/pure-evil-southern-baptist-leaders-condemn-decades-sexual-abuse-revealed-investigation/?utm_term=.4bbec10f7dd7

“20 years, 700 victims”

So reads part of the headline of a sweeping investigationthat has found years of sexual abuse perpetrated by hundreds of Southern Baptist church leaders against an even larger number of victims.

The Houston Chronicle and the San Antonio Express-Newsreported that nearly 400 Southern Baptist church leaders and volunteers have faced sexual misconduct allegations in the past two decades. As many as 700 victims — some as young as 3 — were sexually abused, some raped and molested repeatedly, according to the report.

But instead of ensuring that sexual predators were kept at bay, the Southern Baptist Convention resisted policy changes, the newspapers found. Victims accused church leaders of mishandling their complaints, even hiding them from the public. While the majority of abusers have been convicted of sex crimes and are registered sex offenders, the investigation found that at least three dozen pastors, employees and volunteers who showed predatory behavior still worked at churches.

Sexual abuse only matters as the recently-discovered rationale for the wall. Or to support the many Pizzagate advocates here. 

1 hour ago, Foxx said:

yeah, sexual abusers adore Trump because you know... his efforts to stop child trafficking. :rolleyes:

You got it.

The only bad people in this world are White Americans that worship God, and mostly its the males - unless the women don't believe in abortion past the first trimester. 

On 2/11/2019 at 6:13 AM, Tiberius said:

“20 years, 700 victims”

Not to excuse what has happened with various churches but I see sexual misconduct happening at a much higher frequency in the public school system.  Attendance has dropped like a rock among young people in the Catholic Church starting in the 1970's and it has nothing to do with sexual conduct and everything to do with cultural shifts.  If you are a sexual predator you are going to go where the most potential victims are and that is not a RC Mass from what I have seen.  A lot of it is to do with today's parents having grown up during the 1970's or later when it was not "cool" to go to church so subsequently those parents do not force their young to go.  While not a great show That 70's Show did a great episode about going to church and young people's attitudes towards attending church. Church simply stopped being a social center for a community plus there were other venues open to young people to socialize so they could bypass church.  The show's co-creator Mark Brazill is from WNY by the way to make it in keeping with a Bills related board.

Edited by RochesterRob

24 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

Not to excuse what has happened with various churches but I see sexual misconduct happening at a much higher frequency in the public school system.  Attendance has dropped like a rock among young people in the Catholic Church starting in the 1970's and it has nothing to do with sexual conduct and everything to do with cultural shifts.  If you are a sexual predator you are going to go where the most potential victims are and that is not a RC Mass from what I have seen.  A lot of it is to do with today's parents having grown up during the 1970's or later when it was not "cool" to go to church so subsequently those parents do not force their young to go.  While not a great show That 70's Show did a great episode about going to church and young people's attitudes towards attending church. Church simply stopped being a social center for a community plus there were other venues open to young people to socialize so they could bypass church.  The show's creator was from WNY by the way to make it in keeping with a Bills related board.

If we are looking for where it happens most, it is in the home and more specifically with mom's boyfriend. In cases a child has been abused sexually or otherwise, it's almost always the BF. That is a whole different aspect of the new norms in society.