Are Sam Cowart & Tremaine Edmunds very similar ?

PUNT750

Cowart was a  “tko spikes-like heat seaking missile of physicality. Just a shark out there looking for blood. Almost like Ray Lewis or Dick Butkus. I’d say Cowart was much more like Spikes. Edmunds looks physically imposing like that but he doesn’t play like that. I wish he did. Edmunds looks like a guy that should be playing WLB. He looks like a guy that will be amazing dropping back into the passing lanes and using his height to knock balls down and force over throws. But wasn’t playing the run exceptionally well. Granted the kid was literally 20 years old and week 17 he looked amazing. I would say he is maybe more of a Derrick Brooks? I guess it’s hard to say. It was was before my time so I only have nfl films to go off of, but wasn’t Jack Lambert a tall MLB in the early stages of the soft zone we play? A guy that would probably fall back and do what Edmunds will do? I could have that wrong but that’s at least what I thought I saw. I will say Jack Lambert 

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, PUNT750 said:

Both have the speed and quickness.  Sam had a little more strength but Edmunds seems to be better in coverage.

I see zero similarity in the 2

2 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Pat Willis reminded me of Cowart. 

very good

18 hours ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

IMO it was Ray Lewis and then Sam Cowart right behind him as the best two MLB's in the league before Cowart's injury. 

I have to agree.  Sam had great instincts for the position and was pretty tough & rough!  He could dominate in the front seven!