Josh Allen end of season presser

YoloinOhio

3 hours ago, zonabb said:

This is the one of only two major mistakes I think this FO and McD have made and that's having a lifetime WR coach as your rookie franchise QB's coach. Mistake with a kid who needs work on his mechanics as much as the mental side of the game. That and their mess on the OL.

Our QB seems to be developing ok.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, NewDayBills said:

Props to Brandon Beane for this pick. If you can find franchise QBs consistently it means you're worth your salt as a GM. I'm very curious about the plan for Allen going forward, itll be very interesting to see what kind of team we build around him.

The 2017 draft was loaded at the QB position.  It could become a historic year.  All the rookie QBs have struggled but have also showed significant promise to their embattled franchise.  

The 2017 draft was loaded at the QB position.  It could become a historic year.  All the rookie QBs have struggled but have also showed significant promise to their embattled franchise.  

I think there will be 3 franchise QBs: Darnold, Allen and Mayfield. 

If Beane lost out on Allen I think his career as a GM would come to an end. I think he got the last good one in the draft. I think Rosen will be a career journeyman and I think Jackson will find short term success but will fail long term.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, NewDayBills said:

It's not luck. I knew Mayfield, Allen and Darnold to a lesser extent would be good QBs. That's not what impressed me. What impressed me was how ballsy Beane was to get his guy. I like that. Levi Wallace is also proof that Beane is an extremely competent GM. He nailed picks throughout the draft and also signed Jordan Phillips off of waivers. If Beane was fired tomorrow, a dozen teams would be in hot pursuit. He will never be out of a job. I'd fire McD loooooooooong before I'd fire Beane.

I don't disagree with anything you say about Beane.  I too think he is doing a very good job and unlike some here would be very sorry to see him or McD go, but when it comes to QB, still say it's more luck when you look at how many high picks flame out.  It's not that all these other GM's are clueless/

Josh is everything I think we hoped for and more. He’s well spoken, a hard worker, and has a sense of humor lol. 

He showed real leadership and the ability to takeover a game. 

I look forward to seeing what he’s capable of when he has others on the team who can make plays for him. A screen for a 30 yard gain. A 45 yard contested catch. A long run? 

Instead of everything on his shoulders the entire game being able to rely on anyone else to make a play and dare I say takeover the game at their position. I am happy with what he has shown for his rookie season and while everyone should have some concerns with his game I don’t think anyone can say he was disappointing. And the send off for the off season vs Miami will give me even more hope for next season. 

• Like (+1) 1

Think about it, HE WAS THE OFFENSE! Besides him, every other aspect of the offense could stand a significant upgrade: o-line, WRs, RBs, TE. There is not one other area on the offense that is in the top 20 of the NFL.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, CSBill said:

Think about it, HE WAS THE OFFENSE! Besides him, every other aspect of the offense could stand a significant upgrade: o-line, WRs, RBs, TE. There is not one other area on the offense that is in the top 20 of the NFL.

Well said !