What's your Mount Rushmore of SNL?

2 minutes ago, row_33 said:

He’s been on 16 years and people on here have stated he is the greatest

you have not watched the show or read the responses on this thread?

No, I’ve seen him, but I still don’t think any of them hold a candle to the original casts. 

I finally got around to reading "Live From New York" by James Miller and Tom Shales and it brought back a lot of memories of the show and behind the scene stories I hadn't ever read. It's written as a oral history piece so it's easy to pick up and put down as needed. 

Like Augie said, we need a bigger mountain, but if I had to narrow it to four:
Darrel Hammond

Eddie Murphy

Bill Hader

Norm McDonald 

Hader

Ferrell

Farley

McKinnon

On 12/15/2018 at 1:52 AM, KD in CA said:

Darrell Hammond -- unbelievably talented;  his range of characters is unparalleled on the show.  The Clinton/Gore years were hilarious.

Norm McDonald -- too irreverent even for the show that supposedly prides itself on being just that;  his Weekend Update will never be approached, much less passed.

Will Ferrell -- great 4-minute sketch comedian (but yes, still intolerable in any movie);  you can't ignore his longevity and many good characters.

Phil Hartman -- his Frank Sinatra might be the funniest character ever

Dana Carvey, Victoria Jackson, Ana Gasteyer, Chris Rock and Mike Meyers for honorable mention.

Agreed, best ever.  IIRC he got the boot because of his OJ segments.  He was asked to back off from some higher-ups who were friendly with OJ and just went harder at him.  

48 minutes ago, stony said:

Hader

Ferrell

Farley

McKinnon

Agreed, best ever.  IIRC he got the boot because of his OJ segments.  He was asked to back off from some higher-ups who were friendly with OJ and just went harder at him.  

Most people don’t find Norm funny

i do

• Like (+1) 2

26 minutes ago, Helpmenow said:

Belushi, murray, Eddie, Farley, Lorraine Newman.

Lorraine and Jane doing the Manson Family human hair potholder craft sale from their prison cell was one of the most unforgettable things i ever saw on TV