Will Buffalo Have a 1,000 Yard Rusher in 2019

TigerJ

This question leads to thinking that we will be having the current RBs and current line blocking, if that is what you call it. I suspect that we will have two new (younger) backs and at least three new linemen (and a different WR, too). Right now, there are eight in the box on plays to RBs, when they have someone in the backfield. With new personnel, things will open up more. I don't know about 1000 yard rusher, but I think there will be a considerable improvement.

3 minutes ago, 947 said:

3300 yards passing is only 206/game. He'll have to be a bit better than that to take the next step, which should be well within reason if we upgrade the weapons & OL.

I’m not saying he will peak at 3300 yards. If he runs for 1000 it will be awfully hard to throw for 4000 or 3700 or something like that

But having a season of over 4000 yards would be taking a huge step

he will be a dual threat and run a good amount the next few years. It would be stupid to not utilize his gifts

eventually I wanna see a 4000 yard season 

The title of this topic needs to be changed.  Obviously everyone is only talking about Josh Allen rushing.  As far as him rushing, i'm torn as to what I wanna see him doing.  I love that he's great at scrambling to pick up first downs or a TD, but at the same time, I would much rather see him throw for over 4,000 yards a season and run less.  it looks great now, but it only takes one good hit to end his career.  i.e. RGIII.  Heck, most of us thought and was hopeful that EJ may have been our guy, but a good hit during that Browns game pretty much ended his career as a starter.  As we all know, he's a one man show because we have no one else.  Get Josh some damn weapons this off season please!

I heard on the morning show streaming WGR today that Cam Newton has averaged 100 rushes per season consistently for approximately 500 yds, and he’s only missed something like 3 starts over the course of his career due to injury. Should numbers around that mark be the goal? 

I just think JA is doing whatever he can to try to help this team win and I’m ok with it so long as it’s done in the right moments—I think naturally his running will come back to earth as his targets improve in ability—I do think he really does try to look downfield first generally speaking. As many others have stated already, he’s a one man show by necessity right now.