TxTech-78 UB-58. Congrats on a great season. (Ranked, 32-4 record)

PromoTheRobot

1 hour ago, Gordio said:

Nevada was ranked higher in the preseason.  Also I would probably take Fresno ST/ San Diego St/Utah ST(all in Nevada's division) over any combination of MAC teams not including UB.  UB does have a win over Syracuse, which is probably better than anything Nevada has OOC.  

Buffalo has 3 Q1 wins. Nevada has none. 

By the way, UB jumped up 4 spots to #21.

2 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Buffalo has 3 Q1 wins. Nevada has none. 

By the way, UB jumped up 4 spots to #21.

I hear ya, but Nevada has been ranked higher all year.  They started the season ranked #6 I believe.  I am just stating the facts, the Pack will probably be a #4 seed & could go as high as a #3 seed I believe.  UB is going to be a #7 seed & could go as  high as a #6 seed imo.  

9 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Only massinburg has a shot to be drafted ... probably in the late second 

Harris can definitely be a rookie FA

On the women's side Cierra Dillard is a 2nd rounder in several WNBA mock drafts.

31 minutes ago, suorangefan4 said:

UB has been ranked 16 weeks now. 136th all-time now.

Gotta appreciate how far UB athletics has come.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

2 hours ago, Misterbluesky said:

Tonight could get ugly,Akron is one of the worst road teams in the country,recording just one win this season.

Not only does UB need to keep winning but they have to POUND teams into the dirt. Hate pouring it on weaker teams but it's all to send a message to the poll voters and tournament committee. (and the NET rankings too.)  Last week the Bulls two wins were by a combined 70 points. Gotta believe that helped them jump 4 spots in the polls.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 1

Just left the game, still stuck in the parking lot. A lot closer than the final score. Crowd was fun.

Defense was pretty good. Perkins was the man tonight. Rebounded really well.

Overall though not a terribly impressive performance by Buffalo. Free throws were bad, relied too much on the three pointers.

Just now, NobesBLO13 said:

Just left the game, still stuck in the parking lot. A lot closer than the final score. Crowd was fun.

Overall though not a terribly impressive performance by Buffalo. Free throws were bad, relied too much on the three pointers.

Akron is a tough defense. But UB is too deep and too tough to hold down the full 40 minutes. Actually they have won more games coming from behind than dominating. 

Beats watching the Sabres.

3 minutes ago, NobesBLO13 said:

They had it going on in the paint early on..why they kept trying to drain the threes at that time left me baffled.

Also....the officiating was downright horrible (both sides).

2 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

They had it going on in the paint early on..why they kept trying to drain the threes at that time left me baffled.

Also....the officiating was downright horrible (both sides).

Oh yeah they were awful. I swear at one point I could hear Oats yelling at one of the refs from the bleachers.