Why do we never throw the ball down the field?

14 minutes ago, brianthomas said:

In todays NFL, short passes can act as ur running game. QB's such as Brady who can get the ball out quick with good accuracy just dink & dunk down the field & then the plays down the field open up.

I'm not gonna comment on our Bills offense however bcuz we already all know what the issues are. We've discussed them in depth ad nauseam.

I understand the frustration, i hate losing too. Heck making suggestions that we should throw it deep bcuz an interception would be as good as a punt anyways just goes to show how bad things are around here. But seriously, thats not how u win football games is it? If we're talking yolo let it fly cuz ***** it, then sure why not. But i think you'd lose the locker room at half time, more so then what might be the case already.

Im not saying throw 50 bombs a game but man... take a few chances if you are overmatched as badly as we are.

Modern NFL is the West Coast system on steroids.  It's all short to mid range throws.  3 step drops or quick throws out of shot gun to avoid the rush.  

The WRs can't get open deep.  They have no elite speed and even worse quickness.  They have decent size but poor hands. I mean this group is just god dam awful.  A bunch of possession WR's with bad hands.  Unbelievable.  

With these QBs and WRs who really knows if Daboll is a moron or not.  I'm leaning to the idea Daboll is worse than his predecessor. 

They have wide receivers that can't run or catch, we have an offensive line that is truly offensive and have been trotting out QBs that look like Kurt Warner's co-workers from that grocery store he worked at..I think if you really put your mind to it then you can figure out why they don't throw long.

5 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

We are punting almost every 4 plays anyway. Regardless of how bad the QB play is, why not take some shots? Yesterday of all days was a complete joke. What did we have to lose? Who needs to see 30 completions of 1 yd? All we do is punt and throw picks anyway. Give the fans some excitement. Who knows, maybe we would actually hit on one or two, or get a PI call? What we are doing isn’t working. We can’t run because the defense are just squatting on every snap. We can’t go the length of the field with multiple first downs because we suck. Wether it’s Anderson, Allen or Peterman....can we just let a few rip? What is the point of what we are doing? Even when Allen was playing with the “big arm” we still weren’t throwing it down the field. The WRs aren’t good, I realize that but you still have to take chances. 

Peterman can't throw an out pattern let alone a 30 yard bomb down the field, Barkley has a noodle arm also, Anderson actually has a decent arm if he can get the rust out and Allen is injured so he can't throw down field. Plus everytime Allen drops back it seemed like he had about 2 seconds to throw it before he's sandwiched between 4 guys.

10 hours ago, K-9 said:

You forgot number 4: incomplete pass, which is the most likely outcome. They are called low percentage 

plays for a reason.

I haven't seen very many high percentage plays this season, have you? I'll take an incomplete bomb on first down over a 2 yard loss every time.

1 hour ago, Juice_32 said:

I haven't seen very many high percentage plays this season, have you? I'll take an incomplete bomb on first down over a 2 yard loss every time.

It's not a video game but I still agree with the premise of this thread: since short passes and runs aren't working, try a lot more long passes! Sure most won'.t work but what is going on now isn't either will little payoff.

• Like (+1) 1