Bills on pace to finish the season with 6 TD passes, 26 interceptions

wppete

13 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

Exactly.

I would be even more excited if we were on pace for 2 TD'S and 80 picks!

The worse this team performs, the more faith I have in the process!

Unless they win a few games, in which case McDermott is a winner and wins and losses are all that matters.

Go cry in the corner and come back next year!

I don't blame the negativity this team has received in recent weeks. I tried my damnedest to remain optimistic and hopeful but after the first half of the season and what this offense has produced or lack thereof, I believe they will lose out or they possibly could steal one from the jets or miami?

I see a 2-14 or 3-13 finish to the 2018 season.

nothing to this point with lack of talent at the key position along with poor coaching could possibly change my outlook.

real drag, I was pretty hopeful they would at least contend and win 8 or 9 games this season.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, vorpma said:

Go cry in the corner and come back next year!

Is the whole whining thing like the group think retort to people who question this regime?

Go sit in the corner and wait for something to magically appear with your infinite patience!

14 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Is the whole whining thing like the group think retort to people who question this regime?

Go sit in the corner and wait for something to magically appear with your infinite patience!

Your onto to us, you are the only original thinker on TBD!

22 hours ago, billspro said:

I think this is rock bottom.........right?.............right?

No.

That will be next year, when the record only marginally improves despite much greater expectations, right around the time when everyone in Bills Nation realizes Josh Allen just isn't going to work out.

That will be rock bottom. 

Sorry.  I'm just the messenger.  

Just now, vorpma said:

Your onto to us, you are the only original thinker on TBD!

It's just that it's the only thing I ever hear. Millennials and whining and temper tantrums, etc.

This team is 2-6, a virtual sh*tshow on offense and there's very little evidence they have any idea what they're doing on offense.

When I see signs of life or positive things to comment on, I'll do so. When I see garbage and little evidence to inspire confidence moving forward, I'll comment. 

I want the Bills to win. I want the Bills to be great. When the people in charge aren't doing their job, I take it personally. But that's just me.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

It's just that it's the only thing I ever hear. Millennials and whining and temper tantrums, etc.

This team is 2-6, a virtual sh*tshow on offense and there's very little evidence they have any idea what they're doing on offense.

When I see signs of life or positive things to comment on, I'll do so. When I see garbage and little evidence to inspire confidence moving forward, I'll comment. 

I want the Bills to win. I want the Bills to be great. When the people in charge aren't doing their job, I take it personally. But that's just me.

And your no different than anyone else, but until you face facts that this team was dismal failure for 16 years and its not getting built into a playoff contender overnight you are continuously setting yourself up for anger and frustration. The premises is they are losing and losing bad therefore the HC and GM are to blame and should be fired immediately; not even two years on the job. What's happening in 2018 should of happened last year; look at the Chuck Knoll Steelers, Bill Parcells Giants, or Jimmy Johnson Cowboys.  Following your logic all three would have been fired before the built long term dynasties! The 2016 Buffalo Bills had a culture of mediocrity based on organizational failure since 2001; if the Bills are performing in the same manner at this point in 2019 then I too will scream for scalps, until then I deal with the reality of the situation!

1 minute ago, vorpma said:

And your no different than anyone else, but until you face facts that this team was dismal failure for 16 years and its not getting built into a playoff contender overnight you are continuously setting yourself up for anger and frustration. The premises is they are losing and losing bad therefore the HC and GM are to blame and should be fired immediately; not even two years on the job. What's happening in 2018 should of happened last year; look at the Chuck Knoll Steelers, Bill Parcells Giants, or Jimmy Johnson Cowboys.  Following your logic all three would have been fired before the built long term dynasties! The 2016 Buffalo Bills had a culture of mediocrity based on organizational failure since 2001; if the Bills are performing in the same manner at this point in 2019 then I too will scream for scalps, until then I deal with the reality of the situation!

Following your logic, Gregg Williams would still be the HC and Tom Donahoe the GM.

I actually like McDermott as a COACH, but they've placed a great deal of faith in a QB who may very well not be the answer. Rick Dennison and Brian Daboll were disastrous hires and bringing in the right OC/QB was always going to be the key to his success or failure.

I'm not sure who's actually making personnel decisions and assembling this offensive roster, but I am all in favor of that person's termination. If it's McDermott, Beane needs to be fired immediately and a competent GM brought in. If it's Beane, then Beane still needs to be fired immediately and a competent GM brought in. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Following your logic, Gregg Williams would still be the HC and Tom Donahoe the GM.

I actually like McDermott as a COACH, but they've placed a great deal of faith in a QB who may very well not be the answer. Rick Dennison and Brian Daboll were disastrous hires and bringing in the right OC/QB was always going to be the key to his success or failure.

I'm not sure who's actually making personnel decisions and assembling this offensive roster, but I am all in favor of that person's termination. If it's McDermott, Beane needs to be fired immediately and a competent GM brought in. If it's Beane, then Beane still needs to be fired immediately and a competent GM brought in. 

No, your wrong on Greg Williams, he had no improvement during his tenure and a very bad relationship with his players and Tom Donahue had a lousy relationship with Ralph Wilson who brought in his trusted confidant Marv Levy; do your homework please! How do you not get McDermott and Beane our in year two, they deserve what Williams got at least three years; BTW Williams went from 8 - 8 to 6 - 10 the year he got fired. 

OK so we fire everybody again and now you feel good - who do we bring in and how long do they get; according to many of you playoffs or bust!

It's the fast food generation, I will take a playoff appearance with an order of fries - I am waiting you get three minutes!

10 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

New HC/GM - losing pre - season fire evetybody! 

8 minutes ago, vorpma said:

No, your wrong on Greg Williams, he had no improvement during his tenure and a very bad relationship with his players and Tom Donahue had a lousy relationship with Ralph Wilson who brought in his trusted confidant Marv Levy; do your homework please! How do you not get McDermott and Beane our in year two, they deserve what Williams got at least three years; BTW Williams went from 8 - 8 to 6 - 10 the year he got fired. 

OK so we fire everybody again and now you feel good - who do we bring in and how long do they get

That's the second line you guys keep throwing out there; who do you bring in?

As a fan, it's not my job to identify potential GM and HC candidates.

It's my right to point out lack of direction when I see it.

• Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, LABillzFan said:

No. It's not. There will be plenty of other people who will throw ridiculous stats online in an effort to troll Bills fans into screaming in misery.

Those "ridulous stats" belong to the Bills, dude.  Since you seem to doubt the enormity of the Bills incompetence, here are a few more to put things in perspective for you since you obviously are lacking in that department ...

• in their last five games, the offense has scored 2 TDs;
  • the offense has failed to score a TD in 4 of the Bills 8 starts;
  • the Bills have been shut out once and have been held to a single FG in two more games;
  • the Bills have converted on 27.5% of their third downs  (31st in the league);
  • the Bills has had all of 13 RZ chances and only 6 scores for 46.2%;
  • the Bills are 32nd in scoring, averaging 10.9 points per game, compared to the next lowest team, Arizona, which is averaging 13.8 points a game;
  • the Bills are 32nd in total points scored, 87, compared to the next lowest team, Tennessee which has scored 107 points in only 7 games.

On defense the Bills are looking good, too ...

• the defense has allowed opponents to convert on 42.6% of their 3rd downs (25th in the league);
  • the Bills vaunted defense has allowed opponents 17 scores in 26 chances for a 65% success rate good for 25th in the league;
  • the Bills are tied with the Jets at 19-20 in points allowed (25).

Now, you can come back and explain to all us ignorant fans who are questioning the bull manure that passes for professional football as far as the Bills organization is concerned how all these miserable numbers mean that the McDermott/Beane/Pegulas have "a plan" and that "the process" is "working".

18 hours ago, vorpma said:

Okay, so what; rebuilding year get over it!

Universal excuse for two decades of incompetence ... and BTW, I did "get over it".  I didn't renew my season tix several seasons ago, and I've stopped attending games altogether the last two seasons.

13 hours ago, Bangarang said:

This is the kind of thing that gets coaches and GMs fired. 

I'm sure that at least one of the Legion of Fools will show up on this thread to claim it's the kind of thing that all HOF HCs and GMs go through to find success.

11 hours ago, NewDayBills said:

Tutan Reyes, Mike Gandy, Geoff Hangartner, Demetress Bell would all be upgrades at this point.

Holy OLers!  Those are HOS (Hall of Shame) inductees fer sure from the Jauron era except for Gandy, who could be serviceable in the right situation (not decent much less good, though).  He went on to Arizona and played LT for Kurt Warner and almost won a Lombardi.  

Edited by SoTier
  • Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, vorpma said:

You need to face the fact that this team has gotten significantly worse just between 2017 and 2018 because of stupid decisions made by McDermott and Beane, and that significant improvement in 2019 is as unlikely as it was in 2001, 2006, and 2010.   The fact is, at best, the Bills need to start over -- build a new team complete with new offensive coaches not "rebuild" the current stinkfest -- with far less talent at most positions than they had 2016, and with a HC and GM who have repeatedly demonstrated that they have no idea what the hell they're doing, especially on the offensive side of the ball, much less an actual "plan" to accomplish it.

Edited by SoTier

23 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

It's downright putrid and it likely won't get much better until next season at the earliest.

...at least the bright side is it could be a record NEVER challenged......we could be "historical".........perhaps a CANTON RECOGNITION plaque........hell the exhibit could include .."McClappy's hands.......Daboll's spiral notebook game plan page ......McBeane's magical "personnel top hat for drawing names".......

I think the biggest reason the ones that are ok with the way the rebuild is going is cause its the kind of football they miss seeing. I see it posted all the time by the Rockpile fans that the way the NFL is now they don't like it. They love hearing that a coach BILLEVES in playing field position and pounding the rock just like in the Rockpile days. Unfortunately for them thats not how you win in this league now. 

IMO the way to build a team now is offense first. If you look at the top teams in the league, they are all near the top in offense and most have average defense at best. The way the league is now your defense just needs a couple of stops a game to be good enough to win. The other thing is its hard to keep top ranked defenses together for multiple seasons. Look at Seattle and Jacksonville, their defense has dropped. Look at Pittsburgh, they keep winning cause they can score even though their defense isn't what it use to be. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Jrb1979 said:

I think the biggest reason the ones that are ok with the way the rebuild is going is cause its the kind of football they miss seeing. I see it posted all the time by the Rockpile fans that the way the NFL is now they don't like it. They love hearing that a coach BILLEVES in playing field position and pounding the rock just like in the Rockpile days. Unfortunately for them thats not how you win in this league now. 

IMO the way to build a team now is offense first. If you look at the top teams in the league, they are all near the top in offense and most have average defense at best. The way the league is now your defense just needs a couple of stops a game to be good enough to win. The other thing is its hard to keep top ranked defenses together for multiple seasons. Look at Seattle and Jacksonville, their defense has dropped. Look at Pittsburgh, they keep winning cause they can score even though their defense isn't what it use to be. 

...realistically the doubts come into play about "rebuilds" in the club's history post Polian and rightfully so.....BUT....a MAJOR part of those "rebuilds" is the "rebuilders"....rag tag bunch of non-qualifieds thrust into football positions because the Donohole debacle collapsed Wilson's "Inner Circle of Trust", ...the "over the hill gang" as entrusted confidants who having been "re-tired" with "recaps" would lead this club the greatness....choose between "F Troop" or Breslin's "Gang That Couldn't Shoot Straight"....so some obvious hiccups along the way with the new regime are bound to cast "here we go AGAIN" serious doubt.....fire them all and the new regime NOT providing INSTANTANEOUS SUCCESS churns the turnstiles "to no where" IMO.....

5 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...realistically the doubts come into play about "rebuilds" in the club's history post Polian and rightfully so.....BUT....a MAJOR part of those "rebuilds" is the "rebuilders"....rag tag bunch of non-qualifieds thrust into football positions because the Donohole debacle collapsed Wilson's "Inner Circle of Trust", ...the "over the hill gang" as entrusted confidants who having been "re-tired" with "recaps" would lead this club the greatness....choose between "F Troop" or Breslin's "Gang That Couldn't Shoot Straight"....so some obvious hiccups along the way with the new regime are bound to cast "here we go AGAIN" serious doubt.....fire them all and the new regime NOT providing INSTANTANEOUS SUCCESS churns the turnstiles "to no where" IMO.....

IT NOT INSTANT SUCCESS that people want. The reason people are not happy is in an era where teams can put up points the Bills struggle to even score 1 TD per game. Most knew the Bills would be bad record wise but were not expecting an offense that isn't good enough even in the Rockpile days. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Jrb1979 said:

IT NOT INSTANT SUCCESS that people want. The reason people are not happy is in an era where teams can put up points the Bills struggle to even score 1 TD per game. Most knew the Bills would be bad record wise but were not expecting an offense that isn't good enough even in the Rockpile days. 

...better term is reasonable and competitive success, apologizing for any inference otherwise.......cannot see a "rebuild" being a wholesale 53 gutting and expecting to be competitive for a minimum of 1-2 years......examining all three phases, it should be measured by position, with obvious weaknesses addressed first, as well as considering the other two phases and their needs.........at the same time, INSTANTANEOUS or "want it now" is the unreasonable societal norm...BUT Bflo's situation for 17 years even after the playoff schneid was broken with the "Dalton Effect" has even fueled the fire further as far as "now"....

4 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

That's the second line you guys keep throwing out there; who do you bring in?

As a fan, it's not my job to identify potential GM and HC candidates.

It's my right to point out lack of direction when I see it.

Totally agree as a fan you have a right to your opinion, right or wrong!