Boston fans are adorable

PromoTheRobot

2 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

How can past victories go pear shaped!  LoL...

The Bills/Sabres won nothing.  It's nothing like being a Bills/Sabres fan!

Red Sox are Yankees wannabees.  With a lot less rings.

You haven't cheered for a team that last won a championship during WWI! 

That's what all Red Sox fans did for a very long time until 2004 came along.

If you've been a fan for a while, it is tough to get that old feeling out of your brain.

I would agree that kids or new fans of the team, who really don't remember "F-ing Bucky Dent" or the Bill Buckner incident or a dozen other disasters shouldn't be so shell shocked.  

There is probably a new, young breed of Red Sox fan who only really remember the team being great and routinely competing for championships.  That ain't me.

37 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

If you've been a fan for a while, it is tough to get that old feeling out of your brain.

I would agree that kids or new fans of the team, who really don't remember "F-ing Bucky Dent" or the Bill Buckner incident or a dozen other disasters shouldn't be so shell shocked.  

There is probably a new, young breed of Red Sox fan who only really remember the team being great and routinely competing for championships.  That ain't me.

We never had a winning team.  Majors that, AFL doesn't count... Red headed step child league.  Buffalo was even swindled in the NFL during the 1920s in a Championship with Halas' Staleys...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1921_NFL_Championship_controversy

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

45 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

the kids remember Aaron Boone

8 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I love seeing Boston sports fans act all nervous-like as if their stupid 115-win baseball team winning is akin to the Miracle in Ice. This from a city where every one of their stupid teams win all the time. "Oh, please. Just two more outs. I don't know if we can pull this off!" You people are kidding right?

Nothing wrong with Boston that a good old Exorcism wouldn't fix.

3 hours ago, row_33 said:

The only Boston team i've cheered for is the Celtics, and they were set upon by evil forces in Philly and Los Angeles for my cheering years of 1975 through 1988 or so

if a BIlls fan started their consciousness in 1989 or so, they would have come to demand a great winning product in Buffalo, so what year did that crater on them?

Yeah... But BFLo got boned by NBA.  It was supposed to be the Celtics owner moving Celtics to WestCoast!  

FUG BOSTON!  They & NBA colluded stole Our basketball Braves (Buffalo) too!

10 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Yeah... But BFLo got boned by NBA.  It was supposed to be the Celtics owner moving Celtics to WestCoast!  

FUG BOSTON!  They & NBA colluded stole Our basketball Braves (Buffalo) too!

Heh

they dumped McAdoo to the Knicks and basically destroyed two great 70s franchises in one fell swoop, although Bob wasn’t to fully blame for the Knicks woes ever since... he was what he was

Few mourned the Braves leaving town, it was a year past anyone caring

• Sad 1

Boston is the biggest "rat race" in more than one way... Literally:

https://www.necn.com/news/new-england/Out-of-Control-How-Boston-Became-the-2nd-Rattiest-City-in-the-US-458891433.html

Built on a landfill... Now giving a run for their money w/Filthadelphia. LoL...

And God knows how many rats there are in Philly!

?

Hope that map hones in on the rats in Foxborough!

LoL...

1 hour ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Boston is the biggest "rat race" in more than one way... Literally:

https://www.necn.com/news/new-england/Out-of-Control-How-Boston-Became-the-2nd-Rattiest-City-in-the-US-458891433.html

Built on a landfill... Now giving a run for their money w/Filthadelphia. LoL...

And God knows how many rats there are in Philly!

?

Hope that map hones in on the rats in Foxborough!

LoL...

I used to work in a ridiculously old athletic facility on the Boston University campus.  The rats walking around that place were incredibly creepy.  After setting up traps, the maintenance guys used to have to wait around them with baseball bats so that they couldn't just crawl off attached to the traps.  The place was an indoor track and I like to think that the runners were being chased by the rats.  I'd love to know where those rats scattered to once they demolished that place and built the ice rink and a dorm over it.

1 minute ago, shrader said:

I used to work in a ridiculously old athletic facility on the Boston University campus.  The rats walking around that place were incredibly creepy.  After setting up traps, the maintenance guys used to have to wait around them with baseball bats so that they couldn't just crawl off attached to the traps.  The place was an indoor track and I like to think that the runners were being chased by the rats.  I'd love to know where those rats scattered to once they demolished that place and built the ice rink and a dorm over it.

They scattered south to Foxborough.  

Sorry, could resist another poke @ The Cheatriots.

?