The House of Saud at it again (Khashoggi disappearance)

Saudi Arabia is good to people! It respects opposing views and allows people to speak their mind! 

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-saudi-rights-rsf/media-watchdog-visited-saudi-arabia-seeking-journalists-release-amid-khashoggi-uproar-idUSKCN1U518P

The detention and trial of around a dozen women activists, including journalist Hatoon al-Fassi and bloggers Eman al-Nafjan and Nouf Abdulaziz, on charges that include contacts with foreign journalists has also sparked Western outrage.

“A signal of strong political will from the Saudi government is now needed for this damage to begin to be repaired, and we believe that can only be accomplished by serious measures such as the release of all jailed journalists in the country,” said Deloire.

He added that engaging directly with the Saudi authorities was a “necessary step” which succeeded in opening a channel.

The detained journalists include prominent blogger Raif Badawi, who is serving a 10-year sentence for expressing controversial opinions online, and Saleh al-Shehi, a columnist for Arabic-language daily al-Watan who was arrested last year after accusing the royal court of corruption.

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

The Saudis didn’t kill a journalist. 

They killed a spook. 

A spook who was a jihadist, MB, and tied to Brennan’s IC network in the region (which he inherited from former establishment directors). 

As i said then, and say now, calling it a “murder of a journalist” is carrying the water for the enemies of our country, and people of faith all over the region. 

What happened to him was spooky, not totalitarian. And spooky things live in shades of gray, not black and white. 

Why do you spread such lies? 

2 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

The Saudis didn’t kill a journalist. 

They killed a spook. 

A spook who was a jihadist, MB, and tied to Brennan’s IC network in the region (which he inherited from former establishment directors). 

As i said then, and say now, calling it a “murder of a journalist” is carrying the water for the enemies of our country, and people of faith all over the region. 

What happened to him was spooky, not totalitarian. And spooky things live in shades of gray, not black and white. 

This has been documented everywhere, but the lemmings still call them lies.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

Everywhere! 

And Saudi Arabia is a land of great press freedoms! Everyone knows that! 

Who is reforming KSA again? 

MBS. 

Who did Koshoggi attack?

MBS. 

Why would a human human rights activist/journalist try to stop fundamental social change like giving women more rights, religious freedom to worship? 

Right. He wouldn’t. But a Muslim Brotherhood spook who seeks to keep women oppressed, seeks Shia law and jihad against the infidels would. 

So again, who are you really supporting? It’s not freedom. It’s not reform in KSA. You’re supporting the mullahs and their wishes to keep millions of Jews, Christians, and Muslims oppressed. 

This is what happens when you blindly follow rather than discern for yourself. 

You wind up looking ignorant. 

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Who is reforming KSA again? 

MBS. 

Who did Koshoggi attack?

MBS. 

Why would a human human rights activist/journalist try to stop fundamental social change like giving women more rights, religious freedom to worship? 

Right. He wouldn’t. But a Muslim Brotherhood spook who seeks to keep women oppressed, seeks Shia law and jihad against the infidels would. 

So again, who are you really supporting? It’s not freedom. It’s not reform in KSA. You’re supporting the mullahs and their wishes to keep millions of Jews, Christians, and Muslims oppressed. 

This is what happens when you blindly follow rather than discern for yourself. 

You wind up looking ignorant. 

Wow, this is some Bull here. He gave women some rights and then threw the activists, you know, the ones who spoke out, into jail. 

You are calling MBS a human rights leader? And you call me ignorant? 

Who do you work for???? 

@DC Tom You buying this? 

4 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Wow, this is some Bull here. He gave women some rights and then threw the activists, you know, the ones who spoke out, into jail. 

You are calling MBS a human rights leader? And you call me ignorant? 

Who do you work for???? 

@DC Tom You buying this? 

Tibs, I love you. Truly. And while I am almost certain you are much brighter than your posts in RL, and that much of what you do here is just straight trolling for laughs, you should take a moment and understand truly what MBS is doing in KSA. To do that, you have to understand what KSA was in 2016. What he's attempting to do for the Kingdom has put him at great personal risk. He's literally upending the entire society and government in an area of the world where you're disappeared if you speak out against tradition, let alone try to change it. 

This is being done for the betterment of the world, but it's not a light switch. 

The first thing he did was to cut off trillions in funding for terror networks and human trafficking networks which worked hand in hand with corrupt elements of western intelligence services (namely our own and the Brits). This was a direct shot across the bow of the global power structure -- the same one which has been fighting Trump tooth and nail and conducting massive disinformation campaigns about "Russian collusion/conspiracy" on its own people for three years. The money lost to this group is, again, in the trillions. Not just terror networks, but human trafficking, drug trafficking, arms trafficking, even organ trafficking -- pipelines which helped fund the worst kind of evil you can imagine for decades -- was taken off the board in one night in November 2017. 

You didn't hear anything about that in the press. You heard instead that MBS rounded up "innocents" or his "political opposition" while leaving out their ties to AQ, ISIS, Hamas, Hezbollah, CIA, MI6 et al. But it's what happened. MBS could not do any serious reforms without first removing the biggest threats to those reforms inside his own borders. Then he immediately began a massive information campaign of his own to open his peoples' minds:

Related image

That's the sort of picture the Saudis NEVER would have released prior to MBS. Yet here he is, pushing interfaith cooperation in a way that would get his predecessors assassinated in years past. 

This is a direct threat to MANY different elements in the region and world, most of all Iran. 

The world changed in 2017 -- and your complaints about KSA/US relations are rooted firmly in the previous decade, and thus are more detrimental to trying to understand the situation than you realize. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Tibs, I love you. Truly. And while I am almost certain you are much brighter than your posts in RL, and that much of what you do here is just straight trolling for laughs, you should take a moment and understand truly what MBS is doing in KSA. To do that, you have to understand what KSA was in 2016. What he's attempting to do for the Kingdom has put him at great personal risk. He's literally upending the entire society and government in an area of the world where you're disappeared if you speak out against tradition, let alone try to change it. 

This is being done for the betterment of the world, but it's not a light switch. 

The first thing he did was to cut off trillions in funding for terror networks and human trafficking networks which worked hand in hand with corrupt elements of western intelligence services (namely our own and the Brits). This was a direct shot across the bow of the global power structure -- the same one which has been fighting Trump tooth and nail and conducting massive disinformation campaigns about "Russian collusion/conspiracy" on its own people for three years. The money lost to this group is, again, in the trillions. Not just terror networks, but human trafficking, drug trafficking, arms trafficking, even organ trafficking -- pipelines which helped fund the worst kind of evil you can imagine for decades -- was taken off the board in one night in November 2017. 

You didn't hear anything about that in the press. You heard instead that MBS rounded up "innocents" or his "political opposition" while leaving out their ties to AQ, ISIS, Hamas, Hezbollah, CIA, MI6 et al. But it's what happened. MBS could not do any serious reforms without first removing the biggest threats to those reforms inside his own borders. Then he immediately began a massive information campaign of his own to open his peoples' minds:

Related image

That's the sort of picture the Saudis NEVER would have released prior to MBS. Yet here he is, pushing interfaith cooperation in a way that would get his predecessors assassinated in years past. 

This is a direct threat to MANY different elements in the region and world, most of all Iran. 

The world changed in 2017 -- and your complaints about KSA/US relations are rooted firmly in the previous decade, and thus are more detrimental to trying to understand the situation than you realize. 

He is nothing more than a brutal, blood thirty dictator, nothing more, nothing less. 

I'll add, that the Saudis sure are getting their monies worth from the bribes they pay through his hotels 

52 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Do some research on Khashoggi's and Mohammed bin Salman's associations, particularly from the late-80s on.  I recommend starting with salafiya al dawiya and the Arab Spring.

And I'll learn what? Just generally on Khashoggi? One sentence will do. 

And just a reminder, they murdered the guy when they could easily have arrested him. They had no problem arresting a prime minister of another country ? 

4 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

And I'll learn what? Just generally on Khashoggi? One sentence will do. 

Khashoggi's Salman's associations with Salafists and the Arab Spring.

You're practicing your stupidity extra-hard today.  You have some sort of test on it coming up?

• Haha (+1) 3

19 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Khashoggi's Salman's associations with Salafists and the Arab Spring.

You're practicing your stupidity extra-hard today.  You have some sort of test on it coming up?

So he deserved to be murdered for promoting women’s rights and democracy? That’s pretty weak. 

5 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

So he deserved to be murdered for promoting women’s rights and democracy? That’s pretty weak. 

1) That's not what I said.

2) Do the research.  Let's be very clear: I outlined what you should look in to, you were too lazy to do it and asked me to summarize, I summarized, and you make a claim way the hell out of left field that has absolutely nothing to do with anything I've said.  Go read Khashoggi's articles - not the ones in the WP, which are limited strictly to "Bin Salman doesn't like me, and I don't like him."  Read the earlier ones, in al-Arabia, Ashart al-Awsat, and al-Madina.  ***** educate yourself for once, you houseplant.

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

No, he wrote often and spoke out on those issues and it got him murdered by the state 

Link?  

(Spoiler alert: there isn't one.  I've looked, you haven't.)

MBS is slime

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/jeffrey-epstein-death-conspiracy-trump-elon-musk-mohammed-bin-salman-clinton-a9055211.html

Before we left the room he took me to a wall covered with framed photographs. He pointed to a full-length shot of a man in traditional Arab dress. “That’s MBS,” he said, referring to Mohammed bin Salman, the crown prince of Saudi Arabia. The crown prince had visited him many times, and they spoke often, Epstein said.

for that and many other reasons - hope he rots in hell.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

2) Do the research.  Let's be very clear: I outlined what you should look in to, you were too lazy to do it and asked me to summarize, I summarized, and you make a claim way the hell out of left field that has absolutely nothing to do with anything I've said.  Go read Khashoggi's articles - not the ones in the WP, which are limited strictly to "Bin Salman doesn't like me, and I don't like him."  Read the earlier ones, in al-Arabia, Ashart al-Awsat, and al-Madina.  ***** educate yourself for once, you houseplant.

Link?  

So you don’t agree with the Saudis murdering him, correct? You are just trolling 

And yes, link to follow 

15 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Link?  

If you read anything he wrote you would immediately see why that dictator had him murdered. 

Saudi Arabia’s women can finally drive. But the crown prince needs to do much more. – June 25, 2018

Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman deserves consider credit for bringing the matter to a close the right way. While previous leaders were reluctant to take up the issue, he faced it head-on and did the right thing for Saudi Arabia. At the same time, I hope he will not forget the brave actions of each and every Saudi who individually worked hard for freedom and modernization. He should order the release of Hathloul, Aziza al-Yousef, Eman al-Nafjan and the other brave women who campaigned for women’s right to drive. They should be allowed to finally witness the results of their tears and toil. [Read more]

7 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

If you read anything he wrote you would immediately see why that dictator had him murdered. 

Saudi Arabia’s women can finally drive. But the crown prince needs to do much more. – June 25, 2018

Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman deserves consider credit for bringing the matter to a close the right way. While previous leaders were reluctant to take up the issue, he faced it head-on and did the right thing for Saudi Arabia. At the same time, I hope he will not forget the brave actions of each and every Saudi who individually worked hard for freedom and modernization. He should order the release of Hathloul, Aziza al-Yousef, Eman al-Nafjan and the other brave women who campaigned for women’s right to drive. They should be allowed to finally witness the results of their tears and toil. [Read more]

That's your evidence of support for women's rights?  Driving?  

And he even references his earlier work al Watan, which I already told you to read, which you won't.  

The real sadness of all this is you think you're informed, but you never even heard of Khashoggi until after he was killed, nor have you bothered to find out anything about him since that wasn't spoon-fed to you in the Washington Post's extended obit of him.  

• Like (+1) 1