Syracuse Basketball 2023-24

Buffalo716

1 hour ago, DCOrange said:

I don't think he'll be drafted but I suspect he'll be told he's a 2nd round pick. Not sure where it'll go from there; he might just be ready to get paid even if it isn't an NBA team.

here, I will Make it easy on Q. This is what is going to happen:

1) one random guy will say he may be near the end of the 1st round and a handful Will say definitely 2nd round.

2) he will not get drafted and kick

around the g league for 1-2 years.

3) he will go over and play in Asia or the mid-east, with a TBT Appearance or two.  

Haven't heard anything from my sources about Kadary transferring since the initial fear that he's not a lock to return, but there's now a buzz among Kentucky fans that Kadary Richmond will be transferring there to be their new star PG.

1 hour ago, DCOrange said:

Haven't heard anything from my sources about Kadary transferring since the initial fear that he's not a lock to return, but there's now a buzz among Kentucky fans that Kadary Richmond will be transferring there to be their new star PG.

I’d be kicking myself if I was Boeheim giving Richmond’s minutes to Girard all season.  I know he didn’t trust him at first but he’s such a better player. To see Kadary go to Kentucky because of it would be heartbreaking. 

Sounds like Frank Anselem will likely be transferring as well. I think Jim undershot his 4-6 players forecast. At this point it sounds like:

• Kadary
  • Guerrier
  • Dolezaj
  • Braswell
  • Jon Bol Ajak
  • Anselem
  • Woody
  • Griffin
  • Sidibe

all could likely be gone.

13 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

Sounds like Frank Anselem will likely be transferring as well. I think Jim undershot his 4-6 players forecast. At this point it sounds like:

• Kadary
  • Guerrier
  • Dolezaj
  • Braswell
  • Jon Bol Ajak
  • Anselem
  • Woody
  • Griffin
  • Sidibe

all could likely be gone.

Dang, are we even going to be able to field a team?  I guess we are going to have to hit some homeruns in the transfer portal ourselves. 

2 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Dang, are we even going to be able to field a team?  I guess we are going to have to hit some homeruns in the transfer portal ourselves. 

We'll have a team but the best case scenario will probably be bubble watch again. I would tend to bet on us taking a step back again.

3 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

FWIW, I just heard from a pretty solid source that Woody Newton is leaning toward staying.  That said, the same person told me yesterday that Kadary was also staying 😞

I wonder if PayCal straight up offered the starting PG spot to Kadary...

I'd be shocked if he doesn't end up starting next year for a better school than we currently are. From what I've seen, it sounds like Florida, Florida State, Kentucky, and Memphis are among the most interested right now.

11 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Really dumb move by JB.  How can he so definitively say JG will start. 

FWIW, Jim is saying that he told Kadary the best player would start, but I'm sure that's what he told him before the year began too and that's obviously not how it played out.

• Thank you (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Really dumb move by JB.  How can he so definitively say JG will start. 

Is it surprising? Think about it honestly

Jim played waiters off the bench for triche..  mcw off the bench for scoop jardine 

Cj fair off the bench for kris Joseph

Jerami grant off the bench etc 

He likes getting fresh energy, with good players off the bench.. he's always subbed in a star

I'm not saying it's right or wrong I'm just saying I had this feeling

Edited by Buffalo716