Syracuse Basketball 2023-24

Buffalo716

24 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

We talk about this with the bills and a lot of Syracuse players.. arent players allowed to grow and develop?

Again I don't think he should be getting 30 minutes a game the way he's playing.. but he absolutely showed some promise as a true freshman, and had a down sophomore campaign 

Buddy only shoots like 4% better from 3. It's not like he's 10-15% better.. And buddy gets to run off screens and set his feet and shoot.. joe shoots threes off the dribble, pulling up, and from the logos.. if you just let him run off screens and catch and shoot he would be a lot more deadly like Buddy 

It's harder to shoot as a point guard

But I agree kooks needs more minutes

Of course he can grow and develop. And once he does develop into a good player, I'd happily give him minutes. But I don't think there's much of a chance of him ever being a plus as a defender or creator. The athletic limitations are just nearly impossible for him to overcome unfortunately.

Shooting? I could see him becoming a good shooter. But even if he does I'm not sure he's a positive contributor unless we change how we use him (i.e. Kadary handling the ball and Girard running around screens like you mentioned). But with Buddy occupying that spot, we're talking about a 15ish minute role for Girard.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

Of course he can grow and develop. And once he does develop into a good player, I'd happily give him minutes. But I don't think there's much of a chance of him ever being a plus as a defender or creator. The athletic limitations are just nearly impossible for him to overcome unfortunately.

Shooting? I could see him becoming a good shooter. But even if he does I'm not sure he's a positive contributor unless we change how we use him (i.e. Kadary handling the ball and Girard running around screens like you mentioned). But with Buddy occupying that spot, we're talking about a 15ish minute role for Girard.

His athletic limitations certainly hurt him in the Syracuse offense.. he needs to really work on finishing around the rim like you said... Because he is below average at that for a Syracuse guard 

A lot of it are his athletic limitations as you said... What you think about benny Williams?

Edited by Buffalo716

3 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

His athletic limitations certainly hurt him in the Syracuse offense.. he needs to really work on finishing around the rim like you said... Because he is below average at that for a Syracuse guard 

A lot of it are his athletic limitations as you said... What you think about benny Williams?

His short arms and lack of leaping ability is gonna make finishing really difficult. Joe needs to develop a floater game IMO.

I haven't watched Benny at all yet; I'll go through and watch some of his high school games in a few months probably.

• Like (+1) 1

His short arms and lack of leaping ability is gonna make finishing really difficult. Joe needs to develop a floater game IMO.

I haven't watched Benny at all yet; I'll go through and watch some of his high school games in a few months probably.

Seems like a great wing. Long, super athletic, plays above the rim.. can pass .. really pumped to get another forward of his caliber 

He has been shooting up rankings last 6 months

Robert Braswell and John Bol Ajak officially entering the transfer portal.

Boeheim says he expects 4-6 players to leave, not sure if that's including Dolezaj and Sidibe in the math or not.

I believe that is including them

5 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

That would be a best case scenario for sure

Boeheim has ALREADY said that he is going to be bringing in someone also.. 

If he could make a play at walker Kessler (5* C , UNC) we would immediately be contenders in the ACC

16 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

Robert Braswell and John Bol Ajak officially entering the transfer portal.

Boeheim says he expects 4-6 players to leave, not sure if that's including Dolezaj and Sidibe in the math or not.

wishful thinking, but hope this bodes well for Guerrier staying and Newton not transferring.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

Boeheim has ALREADY said that he is going to be bringing in someone also.. 

If he could make a play at walker Kessler (5* C , UNC) we would immediately be contenders in the ACC

Yes, his name rhymes with Shayheim.

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Buffalo716 said:

Expected, but hopefully he realizes he's not ready yet 

Because he isn't. But he is on the verge

I don't think he'll be drafted but I suspect he'll be told he's a 2nd round pick. Not sure where it'll go from there; he might just be ready to get paid even if it isn't an NBA team.

Just now, DCOrange said:

I don't think he'll be drafted but I suspect he'll be told he's a 2nd round pick. Not sure where it'll go from there; he might just be ready to get paid even if it isn't an NBA team.

If they're telling you you're a second round pick, you need to come back 

Boeheim has the track record of getting that guy into the first round

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

If they're telling you you're a second round pick, you need to come back 

Boeheim has the track record of getting that guy into the first round

Eh, if he waits another year he'll be 23 by the time of the draft. 2nd round is almost certainly the best he can hope for, and even that will require significant improvement IMO.

Edited by DCOrange