Syracuse Basketball 2023-24

Buffalo716

59 minutes ago, Bermuda Triangle said:

Syracuse declined an NIT invitation.  Supposedly, there will be a mass exodus of players once the transfer portal opens tomorrow.

I've heard Judah, Copeland, and Taylor (and obviously Benny) are basically guarantees to leave. Hima and Carey probably gone as well. Bell is a maybe but feels like we're relatively hopeful about him.

Also sounds like we're fairly confident we're going to get Erik Reynolds in the transfer portal but plenty of time for things to change in the portal.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, DCOrange said:

I've heard Judah, Copeland, and Taylor (and obviously Benny) are basically guarantees to leave. Hima and Carey probably gone as well. Bell is a maybe but feels like we're relatively hopeful about him.

Also sounds like we're fairly confident we're going to get Erik Reynolds in the transfer portal but plenty of time for things to change in the portal.

Copeland is the unexpected one and that is what hurts. Taylor I could care less about, and Mintz was pretty much thought to be done after this year regardless.

Would have been nice to keep Copeland and run it back with Bell Brown and JJ.

• Agree 1

17 minutes ago, Bray Wyatt said:

Copeland is the unexpected one and that is what hurts. Taylor I could care less about, and Mintz was pretty much thought to be done after this year regardless.

Would have been nice to keep Copeland and run it back with Bell Brown and JJ.

I just don’t get it re Copeland. Poised to have a great year next year for us, IMO. He can’t be worried about his minutes. 

• Agree 1

50 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I guess as predicated. Still don’t understand Copeland. Is there that much better of a spot for him next year?  

I wouldn't be surprised if someone offers him a starting role and he wasn't going to get that here (or at least the staff was hoping he wouldn't lol).

• Like (+1) 1