How many players on offense come back next year

RPbillsfan

The way I see this mess play out I feel that a complete offensive roster shuffle must occur at end of the season.

Here are moves I would make now.

Explore a trade with Steelers, McCoy for Bell and our 4th next year.  Bills move Shady cap for Bell cap number and have money to extend him.  He's three years younger and would be a piece to build around.

Promote Teller from PS and cut Miller.  Promote Sirles from PS, better line depth on game day.

Play out the string to the inevitable 4 win season and then keep the following:

Allen, Bell, Ivory, Murphy, Zay Jones, Crom, Thomas, Mills, Dawkins, Bodine, Groy, Sirles, Teller

Cut or don't resign anyone else.

Back up the truck and take out the trash and build an offensive line and receiving Corp in the draft and free agency.

2 minutes ago, Talkin Proud said:

How much roster can you turn over in a year? And is that a good thing? 

Sadly what we have can't play.  We passed on Martavious Bryant and Josh Gordon because they are "not process guys". Process on defense works as it's about intelligence and scheme more then great physical talent.  Plus we have NFL level talent on D.  Offense is about skills, speed and quickness, good hands, balance and strength and movement on the line.

Our current receivers can't seperate or catch, linemen minus Dawkins are immobile turnstiles whose best block is the lookout block and a helping hand when JA is knocked into next week.

We need 4 WR, 3 OL and. Quality TE.

4 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

Allen

Ivory (he's pretty good as a change of pace, I think they keep him one more year)
Dawkins

Croom

McDermott

Ray-Ray

everyone else can go to hell, but Miller can go to hell more. 

If this is the OT you are referring to, He's horrendous! 

Did you check out his attempt at pass pro after Mills got hurt? Horrible!

Just now, pimp on da' net said:

If this is the OT you are referring to, He's horrendous! 

Did you check out his attempt at pass pro after Mills got hurt? Horrible!

Nah but I figure we kept him on the roster for some reason, he might stick around through training camp. 

22 minutes ago, RPbillsfan said:

The way I see this mess play out I feel that a complete offensive roster shuffle must occur at end of the season.

Here are moves I would make now.

Explore a trade with Steelers, McCoy for Bell and our 4th next year.  Bills move Shady cap for Bell cap number and have money to extend him.  He's three years younger and would be a piece to build around.

Promote Teller from PS and cut Miller.  Promote Sirles from PS, better line depth on game day.

Play out the string to the inevitable 4 win season and then keep the following:

Allen, Bell, Ivory, Murphy, Zay Jones, Crom, Thomas, Mills, Dawkins, Bodine, Groy, Sirles, Teller

Cut or don't resign anyone else.

Back up the truck and take out the trash and build an offensive line and receiving Corp in the draft and free agency.

Like it or not probably 50 percent of the offense will be back next year as there will not be that much talent on the FA market to expect 80 percent plus turnover.  Also, it is unrealistic to expect more than our top 2 draft picks to start opening day 2019.  We are heading the right direction long term but this year is going to be painful no matter how you look at it.

Allen

Ivory

Murphy

Zay

Foster

Ray Ray

Croom

Lee

Thomas

Dawkins

I can see us letting go of/not resigning Shady, Clay, Benjamin and DiMarco to open up more cap space.  Then signing two FA WR’s and using the draft and FA to give Dawkins help on the OL.  

Edited by SCBills

35 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Allen

Ivory

Murphy

Zay

Foster

Ray Ray

Croom

Lee

Thomas

Dawkins

I can see us letting go of/not resigning Shady, Clay, Benjamin and DiMarco to open up more cap space.  Then signing two FA WR’s and using the draft and FA to give Dawkins help on the OL.  

Foster and Lee?

2 minutes ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

Foster and Lee?

Staff seems to like Foster and Lee is a decent depth TE.  

I can see then both being on the team next year, obviously not seeing the field much assuming we spend some cash/picks on skill positions.