Week 5 Preparation Titans @ Buffalo - experts picks

54 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

The only chance we have to win this season is to establish the run.  We have got to stop slinging the ball all over the field. We have ZERO good WRs and our rookie QB is at best inconsistent. This team is so incredibly void of talent on the offense, it’s almost impossible to believe. All we have on offense, is Shady and Ivory. I would run the entire game plan through both of those guys. Shady needs 25-30 touches every game. Both of these guys should be on the field on nearly every offensive snap. Hand it to them, throw it to them direct snap it to them...I want to see less then 15 passes a game from Allen. Nobody is going to win on the outside. Our best WR is Shady. If Dabol is at all concerned with winning football games, it needs to be 25+ touches for Shady, 10-15 for Ivory and 10-15 pass attempts from Allen. That’s the only way this team wins. Get the oline going down hill and keep the ball in the RBs hands.

....3 games...21 touches.....Daboll is dialed in......................

Have we covered the expert predictions yet?

https://www.buffalobills.com/_mobileview/news/around-the-nfl-bills-titans-game-predictions

An hour old. 

Around the NFL: Bills-Titans game predictions

ESPN Turron Davenport 

Titans 27, Bills 13

mike Rodak 

Bills 17, Titans 14

bq3pzfelpwh4s1lnnw3d.jpg

SB Nation 

l7k3plbv9onfvz2mu30g.jpg

CBS Sports 

bs5ls55yw5y8wii1bzom.jpg

Pete Prisco?   Doomed

Edited by ShadyBillsFan
  • Haha (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

https://www.buffalobills.com/_mobileview/news/around-the-nfl-bills-titans-game-predictions

An hour old. 

ESPN Turron Davenport 

Titans 27, Bills 13

mike Rodak 

Bills 17, Titans 14

bq3pzfelpwh4s1lnnw3d.jpg

SB Nation 

l7k3plbv9onfvz2mu30g.jpg

CBS Sports 

bs5ls55yw5y8wii1bzom.jpg

Pete Prisco?   Doomed

That Turron Davenport guy is a hack. He kept tweeting that we were going to be missing both starting safeties because Rafael bush was hurt. Look again pal. I think I followed and unfollowed him in record time. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

An hour old. 

ESPN Turron Davenport 

Titans 27, Bills 13

mike Rodak 

Bills 17, Titans 14

bq3pzfelpwh4s1lnnw3d.jpg

SB Nation 

l7k3plbv9onfvz2mu30g.jpg

CBS Sports 

bs5ls55yw5y8wii1bzom.jpg

Pete Prisco?   Doomed

...Rodak?...DOUBLE doomed.............Gisele will fire him...........

La conjecture stays steady 

52 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

That Turron Davenport guy is a hack. He kept tweeting that we were going to be missing both starting safeties because Rafael bush was hurt. Look again pal. I think I followed and unfollowed him in record time. 

Never heard of him 

That’s probably why :D 

3 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

The only chance we have to win this season is to establish the run.  We have got to stop slinging the ball all over the field. We have ZERO good WRs and our rookie QB is at best inconsistent. This team is so incredibly void of talent on the offense, it’s almost impossible to believe. All we have on offense, is Shady and Ivory. I would run the entire game plan through both of those guys. Shady needs 25-30 touches every game. Both of these guys should be on the field on nearly every offensive snap. Hand it to them, throw it to them direct snap it to them...I want to see less then 15 passes a game from Allen. Nobody is going to win on the outside. Our best WR is Shady. If Dabol is at all concerned with winning football games, it needs to be 25+ touches for Shady, 10-15 for Ivory and 10-15 pass attempts from Allen. That’s the only way this team wins. Get the oline going down hill and keep the ball in the RBs hands.

Thank God you are not our O Coordinator 

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

2 minutes ago, MILFHUNTER#518 said:

Thank God you are not our O Coordinator 

I was just going to reply to this.

In an era of throwing the football this is what the Bills should be doing?

In the past 3 years the most running team was the 2015 Bills who ran 50% of the time.

Now they are suppose to run 65-70%?

So far in 2018 there are 3 teams throwing over 70% of the time.

Another 12 teams have thrown between 60-70%

Buffalo currently is at 59% or 17th on the Most Passing % list.

I'm sure with Shady getting healthy the Bills will be throwing closer to 55%.

Josh Allen is going to learn by throwing the football not handing the football off.

Maybe the Bills should get a fitting for leather helmets.

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/passing-play-pct?date=2018-10-07

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, ColoradoBills said:

I was just going to reply to this.

In an era of throwing the football this is what the Bills should be doing?

In the past 3 years the most running team was the 2015 Bills who ran 50% of the time.

Now they are suppose to run 65-70%?

So far in 2018 there are 3 teams throwing over 70% of the time.

Another 12 teams have thrown between 60-70%

Buffalo currently is at 59% or 17th on the Most Passing % list.

I'm sure with Shady getting healthy the Bills will be throwing closer to 55%.

Josh Allen is going to learn by throwing the football not handing the football off.

Maybe the Bills should get a fitting for leather helmets.

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/passing-play-pct?date=2018-10-07

I 100% agree with your reply, and specifically about Josh learning by throwing.

Allen needs to learn what he can and can't get away with in the NFL. When you draft a Josh Allen, you don't go into the turtle offense when things get difficult. I would go the other way and just tell him and the offense to just let it loose. I would also play the same way on defense.

This season is ALL about the development of Josh Allen, it's not about wins, or losses, or asking McCoy if he's upset about this being a franchise "building" year, or trying to placate media or fans that might be offended at the notion that winning isn't necessarily the most important thing this year.

Forget trying to get the running game going, you drafted Josh Allen to throw the ball and they need to let him throw the ball, period. Worry about the running game next year when they should be in a better position to become playoff contenders.

Edited by 1billsfan

26 minutes ago, 1billsfan said:

I 100% agree with your reply, and specifically about Josh learning by throwing.

Allen needs to learn what he can and can't get away with in the NFL. When you draft a Josh Allen, you don't go into the turtle offense when things get difficult. I would go the other way and just tell him and the offense to just let it loose. I would also play the same way on defense.

This season is ALL about the development of Josh Allen, it's not about wins, or losses, or asking McCoy if he's upset about this being a franchise "building" year, or trying to placate media or fans that might be offended at the notion that winning isn't necessarily the most important thing this year.

Forget trying to get the running game going, you drafted Josh Allen to throw the ball and they need to let him throw the ball, period. Worry about the running game next year when they should be in a better position to become playoff contenders.

I mean, I didn't want Josh Allen starting from the 2nd half of the 1st game of the season just like a lot of other people.

It was pretty obvious Beane and McDermott didn't want that either.  They screwed the pooch with the QB situation.

But all that is spilt milk now.  Josh is the starter with a bad supporting group but you got to let him be an NFL QB.

1 hour ago, ColoradoBills said:

I mean, I didn't want Josh Allen starting from the 2nd half of the 1st game of the season just like a lot of other people.

It was pretty obvious Beane and McDermott didn't want that either.  They screwed the pooch with the QB situation.

But all that is spilt milk now.  Josh is the starter with a bad supporting group but you got to let him be an NFL QB.

The offensive line is clearly the main problem with the receivers being a close second. I don't think many people wanted Allen starting early in the season, but as you said it's spilt milk now. Allen strikes me as a mentally tough guy who won't have his confidence shaken with a rocky season due in large part to the play of a subpar O line and receivers. If the coaching staff feels the same way, then they will need to give him franchise QB level game plans, not game manger game plans. This strategy will pay off big dividends in his development and for the 2019 season.

• Like (+1) 1

WATCH: Andre Reed on Josh Allen: 'He's showed he's a leader'

On Friday, Reed appeared on The Rich Eisen Show and discussed the state of the Bills and their current QB, rookie Josh Allen.

While coming off a tough 22-0 loss, Reed told Eisen he saw some good qualities in Allen during Buffalo’s 27-6 win over the Minnesota Vikings in Week 3.

“Two weeks ago he showed he’s a leader, he’s got confidence, and they just have to get everyone around him to play better,” Reed said.

GO BILLS!!!

Edited by no name

Did anyone happen to grab a screenshot of all the “expert” predictions going into the Minnie game? Worthless waste of time as most of them follow a herd mentality parroting each other’s talking points without doing any original research...and why would they? Too many national themes going on with bigger nfl markets than ours to focus on. Go Bills!!! 24–13 Buffalo.

36 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Did anyone happen to grab a screenshot of all the “expert” predictions going into the Minnie game? Worthless waste of time as most of them follow a herd mentality parroting each other’s talking points without doing any original research...and why would they? Too many national themes going on with bigger nfl markets than ours to focus on. Go Bills!!! 24–13 Buffalo.

https://billswire.usatoday.com/2018/09/22/buffalo-bills-minnesota-vikings-experts-picks-expert/

The Buffalo Bills (0-2) haven’t given them much reason to, though.

Meanwhile, the Minnesota Vikings (1-0-1) have given them plenty of reasons to.

With that in mind and with the Vikings on-deck on Sunday, the Bills are a massive underdog according to the experts as well, per NFL Pickwatch.

A whopping 99 percent of experts have picked the Vikes to beat the Bills. There’s only one national guy that’s taking a big plunge and taking Buffalo, Neil Greenberg from the Washington Post. 

https://thevikingage.com/2018/09/20/nfl-minnesota-vikings-week-3-win-bills/

Picking the Vikings

• Bleacher Report – Group Consensus: “Gagnon and Davenport believe a Bills team that has been outscored 78-23 this season is in for a blowout loss” Score prediction: Vikings 34, Bills 14
  • CBS Sports – Pete Prisco: “The Vikings win in a blowout.” Score prediction: Vikings 37, Bills 10
  • FanSided – Matt Verderame: “the Vikings (1-0-1) are going to lay a fierce beating on the Bills (0-2).” Score prediction: 34-3
  • NFL.com – Elliot Harrison: “This just looks ugly on paper. And it probably will on the field, too.” Score prediction: Vikings 34, Bills 9
  • Pioneer Press – Kevin Cusick: “we’d suggest (Vontae Davis) spending the next 14 weeks betting heavily against his old team, laying however many points it takes.” Score prediction: Vikings by 27
  • Pro Football Talk – Michael David Smith: “This should be the easiest pick on the board. The Bills just aren’t competitive.” Score prediction: Vikings 30, Bills 10
  • Pro Football Talk – Mike Florio: “While the Bills won’t win, they’ll cover (the spread). Barely.” Score prediction: Vikings 35, Bills 20
  • Sporting News – David Steele: “At this time, we invite the public to make its own “retire at halftime” jokes. Chances are excellent they’ll be appropriate.”Score prediction: Vikings 38, Bills 16
  • CBS Sports – Jason LaCanfora, Will Brinson, Jared Dubin, Ryan Wilson, John Breech, Dave Richard, Jamey Eisenberg
  • ESPN – Bowen, Clay, Golic, Graziano, Kimes, Qerim, Riddick, Siefert, Wickersham, Wingo
  • SBNation – RVB, Stephen White, Geoff Schwartz, Charles McDonald, Adam Stites, Chrisitan D’Andrea, RJ Ochoa
  • USA Today – Jarrett Bell (27-13), Nate Davis (37-0), Mike Jones (35-12), Mike Middlehurst-Schwartz (38-17), Lorenzo Reyes (33-10)

This is a game that is easy to pick the Vikings for. Not only are they 17 point favorites during the game, but it has the potential to be ugly early, with the stellar Minnesota defense taking on a rookie in his first start in his first NFL road game.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

enjoy the game. I stay clear of this joint during a game. the gameday thread can become vile and full of whiners. bad enough you see it all week, no need to see or take part in that romper room thread.

GO BILLS!!!

Edited by no name
  • Thank you (+1) 1