Why does Allen always try to spin to his blindside?

BigDingus

16 hours ago, pepsicat17 said:

This is certinatly true but when you have untouched up the middle pressure on long set up passing plays what do you want him to step up into?  How many times today were rushers just freewheeling up the middle, mostly without being touched? Hell on one play there were two guys just in case the first one missed. 

The kryptonite of most QBs is pressure up the middle, until the blocking gets better or the play calls are quicker passes Allen is screwed. 

Well yesterday he was leaving the pocket early and there was room to step up

22 hours ago, BigDingus said:

Why does Allen always go straight to spinning to his blindside when under pressure?

Even when it seems easier to just step up, or throw the ball away, or take off running in another direction... he seems to default to spinning into his blindside and immediately into the hands of an unseen edge rusher every time. 

Is that just how he's being taught? I don't know why that would be, but maybe there's something to it im missing. 

Along with having a better internal clock, throwing the ball away more often, recognizing blitzes better, and improving the O-line, I feel not defaulting to that spin every time will help negate a ton of negative plays, and keep us in manageable 3rd down situations. 

Lets complain about a move that has worked well in NFL games.....but didnt work in the last one

When I analyze rookies, I take into account the fact that they're unfinished products. All I really want to see on a consistent basis is flashes of excellence.

Josh Allen showed absolutely nothing yesterday. Zero. We can sit here an lament the offensive line, the receivers, the coaches, the ball boys, the assistant to the traveling secretary. At some point, it's on Josh. Laying a goose egg against an average defense was BAD anyway you slice it.

21 hours ago, dayman said:

Allen can see his front side, so he knows it's terrible. He figures, at least if he spins to his blindside, he isn't absolutely certain it's terrible over there as well on that particular play. 

Schrodinger"s Defensive Lineman principle?