James Harrison encourages Bell to fake injury

Dablitzkrieg

18 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I think Bell is a diva and kinda a douche, but I also understand his side of things- The franchise tag seems like the most unfair "agreement" in the free market world. Not sure how anyone ever thought that was a good idea.

So while I usually do not agree with holdouts (I didn't care For Mack's holdout), I definitely don't approve of the franchise tag. The Steelers were stupid in their whole handling of this and this, plus the implosion that is waiting just beneath the surface (which a win against a mediocre bucs team does not cure) are going to make this once great franchise look silly. 

Better to get a 3-4th round pick for him than just drop him. I would think that some team would throw something their way for him. 

This isn't even a holdout, he is not under contract, much different then what Mack was doing.  Franchise Tag maybe unfair but the union agreed to it.  Bell will report before week 10 & hold an auction next spring for his services.  

3 minutes ago, Gordio said:

This isn't even a holdout, he is not under contract, much different then what Mack was doing.  Franchise Tag maybe unfair but the union agreed to it.  Bell will report before week 10 & hold an auction next spring for his services.  

The franchise tag is a "my way or highway" option. I know the union agreed to it, and within reason, he should honor that, but the other side is that I understand him not enjoying being owned by an organization that doesn't want to pay him what he thinks he's worth (which is way too much if you ask me.). The reason I don't like the franchise tag is because the player himself has not signed a contract with that team. When a player signs a contract and holds out halfway through the contract, I think they're wrong- the franchise tag is being forced on him because of the Union. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, whatdrought said:

The franchise tag is a "my way or highway" option. I know the union agreed to it, and within reason, he should honor that, but the other side is that I understand him not enjoying being owned by an organization that doesn't want to pay him what he thinks he's worth (which is way too much if you ask me.). The reason I don't like the franchise tag is because the player himself has not signed a contract with that team. When a player signs a contract and holds out halfway through the contract, I think they're wrong- the franchise tag is being forced on him because of the Union. 

The union really does not do a good job representing the players.  They should get union officials thrown out! 

Really there should be two unions - one for the players who cause trouble and one for the players that don't.  Most do not care about allowing players to smoke weed, do not get in trouble with law, etc.  Have two unions one with strict contracts, no endless appeals for violations, more time in camp, etc and one with current set of rules.  Naturally more money would be available in union with stricter rules but that is the compromise you pay if you are "a partner".  It also would have lower costs since it would not need to pay for hundreds and thousands of hours in legal fees.

1 hour ago, whatdrought said:

I think Bell is a diva and kinda a douche, but I also understand his side of things- The franchise tag seems like the most unfair "agreement" in the free market world. Not sure how anyone ever thought that was a good idea.

So while I usually do not agree with holdouts (I didn't care For Mack's holdout), I definitely don't approve of the franchise tag. The Steelers were stupid in their whole handling of this and this, plus the implosion that is waiting just beneath the surface (which a win against a mediocre bucs team does not cure) are going to make this once great franchise look silly. 

Better to get a 3-4th round pick for him than just drop him. I would think that some team would throw something their way for him. 

He is one of the best rappers in the modern era!

I am actually on Bells side in this, he has everything to lose by playing.

Hes a running back, very limited window to cash in. This is his one giant payday in his prime, if he goes out and pops a ACL or something he will lose tons of money. 

I’m not his biggest fan but in a league where everyone at an elite level gets paid top dollar he shouldn’t risk injury on the franchise tag, he deserves his payday 

2 hours ago, whatdrought said:

He agreed to it. It was negotiated as part of the CBA. This wasn't "forced" on him out of nowhere. He had every opportunity to address this through the union and CBA negotiations.