What if Steve Beuerlein called the Vikings game

Billsfan1972

57 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

I really hated how negative he was with respect to Josh Allen vs. the Chargers.  I though he nit picked and expected him to make every correct read an d touch passes in his first start.

Compare that to Romo yesterday and one wonders if the roles had been reversed.  

What I am finding is with these rookie QB's I'm paying very close attention to how they play and maybe more so how the commentators react.

To be fair, while it sounded negative he was just calling what he seen from a former starting quarterbacks eyes which I fully appreciated.

i thought he hated Allen the way he critiqued him all game, then in the 4th quarter he said he thought Allen was the best quarterback in this draft and was #1 on his board. 

He looked like a rookie outclassed against LA, not so much against Minnesota 

1 hour ago, wppete said:

Romo is the best commentator in sports. Period. Hope he does all our games. 

I never liked him as a player but he is absolutely my favorite announcer. He explains the complexities of the game that only a former QB could, but still manages to break it down in a way that anyone can understand. He seemed to genuinely enjoy watching JA yesterday.

52 minutes ago, Starr Almighty said:

I loved Steve B breaking down the plays. I didn't think he was negative at all. He pointed out what he did right and wrong. He also said he will correct those errors over time. I think he was very fair and I liked watching him circling the screen like Madden all game while breaking down plays.

I would agree with this. Pointing out mistakes that a rookie starting his first ever game made is not the same thing as being negative. He wasn't trashing Allen last week, he was just telling the audience what a rookie QB (and the coaching staff) needs to work on.

13 hours ago, Koko78 said:

I would agree with this. Pointing out mistakes that a rookie starting his first ever game made is not the same thing as being negative. He wasn't trashing Allen last week, he was just telling the audience what a rookie QB (and the coaching staff) needs to work on.

Well then do that when Brady misses reads & open receivers & I'll agree with you.  The issue is that almost every play has one receiver open and it comes down to whether the QB was given the right call, made the right decision and executed the play.

Bueurlein went relentlessly after Allen on it seemed every play.

I saw mistakes, but also 245 yards passing, which the Bills accomplished all of 4 times last year.  Yesterday he threw for 170 in the first half and all of 7 pass plays in the second half.

15 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

I really hated how negative he was with respect to Josh Allen vs. the Chargers.  I though he nit picked and expected him to make every correct read an d touch passes in his first start.

Compare that to Romo yesterday and one wonders if the roles had been reversed.  

What I am finding is with these rookie QB's I'm paying very close attention to how they play and maybe more so how the commentators react.

Let it go. You have much more important things to worry about.

2 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Well then do that when Brady misses reads & open receivers & I'll agree with you.  The issue is that almost every play has one receiver open and it comes down to whether the QB was given the right call, made the right decision and executed the play.

Bueurlein went relentlessly after Allen on it seemed every play.

I saw mistakes, but also 245 yards passing, which the Bills accomplished all of 4 times last year.  Yesterday he threw for 170 in the first half and all of 7 pass plays in the second half.

Yeah, because telling the audience what a rookie starting his first ever game needs to work on  is totes the same thing as calling out an 18 year vet with 5 Super Bowl Rings.

1 hour ago, Cripple Creek said:

Let it go. You have much more important things to worry about.

Apparently not. It's very important to agonize for weeks over perceived slights to the Bills' rookie QB.

17 hours ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

Nobody is worse than Chris collinsworth. I’d rather listen to the sound of two senior citizen men making out than listen to collinsworth talk about football 

That could probably be arranged. Heck it may already be a ringtone.

...new competition on the block??...............

The NFL is expanding its coverage of “Thursday Night Football” to Amazon Prime Video beginning in Week 4, and the duo providing commentary for this week’s game and beyond will be making history.

Amazon announced on Tuesday that longtime journalists Hannah Storm and Andrea Kremer will be calling the games for the live stream over the next 11 weeks. Greg Hart, Vice President of Prime Video, noted that the two women will become the first female duo to ever call an NFL game.