Preston Brown "There's some weird stuff going on up there."

zow2

21 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Eh.  You're right that none of those things needed to happen - there were always multiple choices along the way.  And I agree that while the Pegulas may have been prepared for a losing season, I doubt they were on board for an uncompetitive hot mess.  Which team will show up for the rest of the season, Bills-SD 1st half or 2nd half? is the question of the hour.  And if it's the former, the Pegulas may be singing Bruce Springsteen "it's just nobody knows baby where love goes but when it goes it's gone" towards McBeane.

As far as "willfully deceived" though, I don't see a problem with reserving judgement and seeing how it rolls.  I don't think that makes people suckers.  McDermott and Beane are both football professionals who have had some success on a SB team, and they will live or die as football professionals according to the decisions they are making now on the Bills.  I have a firm seat on the sidelines, so why not settle in and watch with an open mind?

To be clear - I don’t think folks are suckers for keeping an open mind - I have an issue with people parroting the ever-changing explanations coming out of McD’s mouth as if this situation was both unavoidable and planned.  I don’t think either is the case.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Coach Tuesday said:

To be clear - I don’t think folks are suckers for keeping an open mind - I have an issue with people parroting the ever-changing explanations coming out of McD’s mouth as if this situation was both unavoidable and planned.  I don’t think either is the case.

Fair.  I agree with you that it isn't rational to think that McDermott planned for the team to be hideously, embarrassingly bad or to trade AJ/start Peterman only to give him the hook again after 2 quarters.  I think they felt Trent Murphy, Star Lotulelei, Vontae Davis, Russ Bodine, and Marshall Newhouse would all contribute much more than they have.

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/18/2018 at 9:02 AM, major said:

Davis retiring abruptly reminded me of anquan boldin last year leaving right before the season. 

Oh he wants to play for Pats*?

23 hours ago, sleeby said:

What do you base that on?  Esp?  Premonitions?  Vivid dreams of being on the pegula's yacht?  Do you have a friend who heard from a friend who heard it from another that this was so? 

Tuesday has had ESP in past - Extra Stupid Posts if you do not know what it stands for. I think in this case he has connections to Dunkirk Don and that guy who used to work in BIlls locker room as towel boy but was fired for passing information.

23 hours ago, Trogdor said:

That was a theory, but looking at every single move since then it's hard to justify. Whaley was so great with FAs. 

Whaley's team did the scouting - both college and post-college with McD making choices with presumably input from coaches on staff.  Zay Jones' coach was WR coach at Eastern Carolina and he pushed heavily to draft Jones.  Coach MdD did not have a lot of offense experience nor college experience so he depended on Whaley's team portfolios before firing every one of them.

Meh. That's what I think when I hear Preston Brown. I think he's a serviceable player but overall, he's just another guy.

He can talk all he wants about weird stuff going on up here. He completely checked out for both seasons that Rex was here because he didn't like the scheme. Not that I blame him, because Rex had to come in here and fudge up a perfectly decent defense. But, as the leader on defense, you're expected to set the tone/example for the other guys and he didn't wanna do that because he didn't like the scheme. And he probably wasn't held accountable for it while Rex was here. Now Buffalo fields a coach who's all about accountability and it's "weird stuff." Whatever. 

On 9/17/2018 at 10:38 PM, popcornpam said:

Bills are the turnstile of tha NFL.  The owner seem to be clueless. They better bring in a seasoned Football Guru to consult  ASAP.  A lot of damage has been done  

This is always concerning..>Why do you say the Owner seems clueless.. The owner like 31 other NFL team owners has selected a GM and HC to run their football operations.  There is nothing that they did is different from the other 31 teams.  Why do you call that Clueless?  What makes  a Owner SMART? Curious to know.