Who to Scout

RyanC883

We will need new players on the O-line.  Here is the CBSSports ranking of top college OT's and Guards and Centers.  

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospect-rankings/offensive-tackles   (OT)

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospect-rankings/offensive-guards (OG) 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospect-rankings/centers   (C).   one guy!!

http://walterfootball.com/draft2019C.php  (Walter football center) 

• Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

And when you're done with all of your 'scouting' please turn in your notebook at OBD.  I'm sure they'll put it on the top of their stack!;)

haha.   not if they want to win.   !  

Just posted this for people wondering who the top ranked OL are, because FA looks very thin.  

8 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

By their rankings, and I know a lot will change, it seems like the “sweet spot” for OT’s will be in the 2nd & 3rd round.  Top OT is currently ranked 16th overall with the rest 30’s though 60’s.  

that could be good, because some amazing DL help available in the first.  

13 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

We will need new players on the O-line.  Here is the CBSSports ranking of top college OT's and Guards and Centers.  

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospect-rankings/offensive-tackles   (OT)

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospect-rankings/offensive-guards (OG) 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospect-rankings/centers   (C).   one guy!!

http://walterfootball.com/draft2019C.php  (Walter football center) 

better add TE and WR as well.

8 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

Just posted this for people wondering who the top ranked OL are, because FA looks very thin.  

You’d like to think so. But if you read the all the posts and responses on here you’ll see that the average is all over the place in evaluating film from a single Bills game last Sunday. I doubt anyone on here has the eye to pick out a good interior O Lineman from watching a College game. Of course, they’re free to try!  

Go Bills

I get the impression that McD/Beane are happy with the status quo on the line or they would have made some moves by now. It really makes no sense that they haven't made a move considering what that starting O line looked like against the Browns, the Bengals, the Ravens.   

There really is no excuse why they haven't even attempted to bring someone with better talent in than Vlad the horrible. How many drive killing penalties will it take, how many sacks and will they wait until it's too late and both QB's are in concussion protocol? 

3 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

I get the impression that McD/Beane are happy with the status quo on the line or they would have made some moves by now. It really makes no sense that they haven't made a move considering what that starting O line looked like against the Browns, the Bengals, the Ravens.   

There really is no excuse why they haven't even attempted to bring someone with better talent in than Vlad the horrible. How many drive killing penalties will it take, how many sacks and will they wait until it's too late and both QB's are in concussion protocol? 

Really, really well said.  Here!  Here! ?

I think at a MINIMUM they have to activate Teller this week.  Newhouse got his chance, and he was horrible.   Nothing new there.  Give Teller a shot to step in and do something, we know he cannot be worse than Vlad.   Hell a traffic cone is about as good as Vlad.

1 minute ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

McBeane was so quick to get rid of our talented players that were holdovers from the Ryan regime but they're fine with John Miller and Vlad Ducasse lol

When you think about it McD drafted Dion Dawkins to replace Mills at RT and once Glenn went out Dawkins replaced him at LT admirably.   

Now going into 2018 they knew that Mills was bad so why not make another move to replace him again? There was the draft and free agency. Okay, so money is tight this year. Be freaking creative and sign some talent to protect that QB you gave up so much to get!   

I honestly don't get the thinking here...it's like Doug Whaley with no veteran QB on the roster to help these young QBs and allowing them to play behind one of the very worst offensive lines I've seen in Buffalo.   

20 minutes ago, Charlottebillsfan2 said:

Unfortunately this team will probably never put a premium on building a o-line. 

This! 

It's so very difficult for me to comprehend not building a top offensive line to protect that shiny new toy at QB, or to build it to have a strong run game to help out the defense.  

I just don't get it!

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Nihilarian said:

When you think about it McD drafted Dion Dawkins to replace Mills at RT and once Glenn went out Dawkins replaced him at LT admirably.   

Now going into 2018 they knew that Mills was bad so why not make another move to replace him again? There was the draft and free agency. Okay, so money is tight this year. Be freaking creative and sign some talent to protect that QB you gave up so much to get!   

I honestly don't get the thinking here...it's like Doug Whaley with no veteran QB on the roster to help these young QBs and allowing them to play behind one of the very worst offensive lines I've seen in Buffalo.   

This! 

It's so very difficult for me to comprehend not building a top offensive line to protect that shiny new toy at QB, or to build it to have a strong run game to help out the defense.  

I just don't get it!

Mills is probably our best olineman right now. 

Just now, Soda Popinski said:

Mills is probably our best olineman right now. 

Dawkins at LT is by far. Mills still stinks and we would be able to see that more clearly if the middle of the line wasn't so weak. Ducasse, Groy, Miller all suck just as bad. The thing is the quickest path is a straight line. 

4 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

Dawkins at LT is by far. Mills still stinks and we would be able to see that more clearly if the middle of the line wasn't so weak. Ducasse, Groy, Miller all suck just as bad. The thing is the quickest path is a straight line. 

Dawkins I think may be the best lineman, but his showing was no better than the others Sunday.  And he cost us a stupid penalty later in the game.   This line needs a complete rebuild in 2019 Dawkins is the only guy I would bring back.   But right now, Mills may be the most consistent lineman we have.    Dawkins is/will be better.   Just not at the moment. 

Just pray Bosa doesn't play this weekend.    If he plays, we might as well just run wildcat.  

7 minutes ago, Soda Popinski said:

Dawkins I think may be the best lineman, but his showing was no better than the others Sunday.  And he cost us a stupid penalty later in the game.   This line needs a complete rebuild in 2019 Dawkins is the only guy I would bring back.   But right now, Mills may be the most consistent lineman we have.    Dawkins is/will be better.   Just not at the moment. 

Just pray Bosa doesn't play this weekend.    If he plays, we might as well just run wildcat.  

Believe it or not, some believe Ducasse had the best game of all the linemen despite the two penalties. Both tackles played decently and the real liabilities were at OC and RG as both Miller and Groy struggled badly.  

Wait until Mills has to face a really good DE like Bosa or Mack as he will show how bad he really is. You're right though, as I would also replace every player on that line save Dawkins.