Should TSW feature a "instant classic"

Should TSW feature a "instant classic" feature for threads like today's?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Should TSW feature a "instant classic" feature for threads like today's?

• Yes
    • No
    • Who died and annointed you the pollster?

I say yes. Seeing as we've all but lost beauties like the "I'm a horrible human being" "happy birthday, Nervous Guy" and the "Telephone Pole" thread.

279977[/snapback]

Sadly, I'm directly involved in two of those threads... :huh:

This is the kinder, gentler TSW, Labatt. Some of us are trying very hard to be nice. But you keep pulling up these old posts.

I bet you'd buy a round of drinks for a bunch of alcoholics, wouldn't you? :huh:

280006[/snapback]

Can we have just one day where we go back to the old way of TBD? Get rid of the K&G rules, and just go at it for 10-20 pages, spewing hate?

I miss that. That was nice.

This is the kinder, gentler TSW, Labatt. Some of us are trying very hard to be nice. But you keep pulling up these old posts.

I bet you'd buy a round of drinks for a bunch of alcoholics, wouldn't you? :huh:

280006[/snapback]

A round? I'd buy them the bar.

Damn, I wish I was here for the NG birthday thread... what went so wrong with it?

And what was the telephone pole?

A small summary of each, anyone?

279996[/snapback]

The Telephone Pole thread was a PPP classic. Couple that with the IBP stuff and you have some quality entertainment.

The Telephone Pole thread was a PPP classic. Couple that with the IBP stuff and you have some quality entertainment.

280024[/snapback]

can you let me in on what it was all about? And why did NGs Happy Bday thread get so out of hand?

Damn, I wish I was here for the NG birthday thread... what went so wrong with it?

Steve, I work with NG and see him every day...trust me when I tell you this, we do not need to gratify his ego anymore....Whenever NG finds a journal that cites one of his papers he carries it around for days to show everybody...happy Birthday NG indeed :huh:

can you let me in on what it was all about? And why did NGs Happy Bday thread get so out of hand?

280029[/snapback]

The NG thread was discussed in another post, but the Telephone Pole thread can be summarized:

Ed (IBTG81) said that dogs do not attack unless provoked because he has never been attacked by a dog while living in NJ. To prove his point, he had Suzy (I think that was her name) brutally attacked by a provoked telephone pole. I think that this thread single-handedly created more alias' than any other TSW thread.

Somebody had the idea of making NG's birthday thread last until his NEXT birthday, it was a massive thread.

280032[/snapback]

In other words, somebody had a bad idea to make that thread last until his next birthdays, making his co-workers, family and friends suffer to the glee of those in cyberspace... :huh:

The NG thread was discussed in another post, but the Telephone Pole thread can be summarized:

Ed (IBTG81) said that dogs do not attack unless provoked because he has never been attacked by a dog while living in NJ. To prove his point, he had Suzy (I think that was her name) brutally attacked by a provoked telephone pole. I think that this thread single-handedly created more alias' than any other TSW thread.

280041[/snapback]

So the telephone pole did the provoking? They are known for that in Jersey.

So the telephone pole did the provoking?  They are known for that in Jersey.

280053[/snapback]

Yup. Brutally attacked her. The carnage was horrible. I still have nightmares.

In other words, somebody had a bad idea to make that thread last until his next birthdays, making his co-workers, family and friends suffer to the glee of those in cyberspace... :huh:

280050[/snapback]

It is a shame that you are not able to enjoy the warm regards that we have towards your co-worker (boss). The fact that we kept a most important day in his life alive for months and months and months should have warmed your cockles.

280041[/snapback]

Thanks. It's about as clear as mud now...

Thanks. It's about as clear as mud now...

280071[/snapback]

The reason why the thread was a classic was that Ed's lahjik (a term that arose out of that thread) did not make sense and he continued to try to make sense of it inspite of the unmerciful beating he was taking.

The reason why the thread was a classic was that Ed's lahjik (a term that arose out of that thread) did not make sense and he continued to try to make sense of it inspite of the unmerciful beating he was taking.

280079[/snapback]

I never waded into that thread, so all of this is new to me. It has the feel of a classic Monty Python skit though with Ed playing the lead of course.

I never waded into that thread, so all of this is new to me.  It has the feel of a classic Monty Python skit though with Ed playing the lead of course.

280096[/snapback]

It was awsome. Ahhh...those were the days. IBP and an Ed thread.

It is a shame that you are not able to enjoy the warm regards that we have towards your co-worker (boss).  The fact that we kept a most important day in his life alive for months and months and months should have warmed your cockles.

280065[/snapback]

Please note the key words in your post....co-worker (boss). And you wonder why my cockles were not warmed just the pain in my ass??? : :huh: