The Official Week 1 Nick Bosa/Ed Oliver Worship Thread

Cornette's Commentary

Don't forget Raekwon Davis

Alabama football: Can Raekwon Davis become best Tide D-lineman ever?

"TUSCALOOSA — There’s Raekwon Davis — and everybody else.

“Raekwon is just a different human,” Alabama third-year sophomore defensive lineman Quinnen Williams said. “He's so huge and he's so athletic. To be that big and that strong and never get tired.”

He’s 6 feet, 7 inches tall, 316 pounds, has very long arms and can be a complete nightmare to block. "

https://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/story/sports/college/alabama/2018/08/21/rankin-can-raekwon-davis-become-top-tide-d-lineman-ever-under-saban/1050174002/

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Yes I’m only basing it on today of course 

Mostly a very impressive win, all things considered, the offseason and a long weather delay....

never had a weather matter for a football game in all my years. While driving to a 3:30 game in East Lansing, a noon game in Ann Arbor had cleared the stadium for a hurricane or tornado.

21 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Mostly a very impressive win, all things considered, the offseason and a long weather delay....

never had a weather matter for a football game in all my years. While driving to a 3:30 game in East Lansing, a noon game in Ann Arbor had cleared the stadium for a hurricane or tornado.

They gave up too many points on defense, which I can somewhat excuse as they were missing their best safety, starting MLB, and had no film on this offense. Still, the defensive front is straight nasty but everyone else has a ton of work to do.

Bosa had two FR, a sack and a TD in the first half of the season. 

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

They gave up too many points on defense, which I can somewhat excuse as they were missing their best safety, starting MLB, and had no film on this offense. Still, the defensive front is straight nasty but everyone else has a ton of work to do.

Back end looked very 2013 to me. 

50 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Yup

• 3 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

If Bosa is out all year , how far does he fall down the draft board?

since we aren't getting the top pick maybe we can get him farther down.

He’s not out all year. Urban said he expects him back in a few weeks. The average return from this surgery is 58 days. I still maintain they will wait until after the bye week on 11/3.

if he doesn’t play again for OSU it will be by choice. As in, if the Bucks are out if the playoff when he’s cleared and he sees it as unnecessary risk. And I do not think he will drop out of the top 3. 

Either way i don’t see him making that choice. His brother was expected to be a top 5 pick, and played in their meaningless bowl game that year. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

He’s not out all year. Urban said he expects him back in a few weeks. The average return from this surgery is 58 days. I still maintain they will wait until after the bye week on 11/3.

if he doesn’t play again for OSU it will be by choice. As in, if the Bucks are out if the playoff when he’s cleared and he sees it as unnecessary risk. And I do not think he will drop out of the top 3. 

Either way i don’t see him making that choice. His brother was expected to be a top 5 pick, and played in their meaningless bowl game that year. 

Guess we aren't getting him then :(

1 hour ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Guess we aren't getting him then :(

It’s possible he doesn’t play again for Ohio State but I do not think he will drop out of the top 3. I think he could have come out last year and gone top 10. He’s that refined as a pass rusher.  I’m not sure where the Bills are drafting so it’s possible they could get them. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.