Breaking News

Nightline had her former Guardian at Law (assigned by Fla legislative ruling to protect her interests) on Monday for the full half hour.  He's a PhD and a JD (read: a doc and a lawyer), and his sole job was to ensure that her rights were protected.  In no uncertain terms he was quite clear that the 600K has been spent on legal fees and the balance of the malpractice award was placed in a trust to be used to cover medical expenses exclusively, and that money has been exhausted.

He also explained how her cerebral cortex had disentegrated, and while she does have very limited reflexive response, she has no cognitive response.  That part of her brain is shot.

I'm not sure why some are so hung up on this nonexistent windfall.  The reality is that she will never get better, and according to Theresa's Guardian at Law, Michael is merely fulfilling a promise he made to her.  Frankly, it's nobody else's business.  Not yours, and not mine.  The courts have spoken - despite legislative intervention from the state and federal level - and right now it's time to let this story go.  As they say, there's nothing here to see, move along.

282982[/snapback]

It would really be nice to believe it's over but given these people's track record I doubt it is. These people aren't far removed from the David Gunn's , James Kopp's and Eric Rudolph's so why do you think they'll stop now?

Especially since the people they support in government control all the branches.

Even when Terry Schiavo passes these people will still be invoking her case for fundemental and political causes. And they'll have plenty of support in congress.

• Replies 845
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe he has finally stop being a politician and started acting on what he believes in and what got him into office.  At this point he is a lame duck president, has no future political career, therefore he doesn't have to pander to anyone.

283968[/snapback]

Gee that is nice. He rose to the top being a fraud of a man.

Oh dear Lord, I have heard everything know!

:lol:;)

I didn't realize that, I was just trying to find you the quick numbers.  As I posted the awards was between 2.25 and 2.5 depending on who was accurate as far as the second award to Terri. 

The point is he is saying he is broke, but has received 2.5 million or so and another million on the way.  By the records he, her guardian and everyone else has shown he has spent about 250K on her care, and about 700K to put her to death.  That leaves the 50K or so that he says he has left.  But the facts are he still has about 1.5 million or so, plus another million the day she dies. 

Whether or not you believe he is doing this for the money and least partially or not, it would be more heartfelt if he were to repost the facts of the money, not what he and his lawyers want he idiot boxes to report.

283977[/snapback]

VA, I know your intentions are sincere and I appreciate your opinion. Having seen the interview last night with Michael Schiavo on Larry King the guy strikes me as...well...less than on the level. That does bother me.

But 20 judges have heard this case over the last fifteen years. What invalidates their opinion? What makes Tom DeLay, George and Jeb Bush and Frist wanna play God?

Can I ask if you if you find governmental intrusion scary, or needed?

Oh I don't give them a break either.  But at least the parents want all the money set aside in a trust that is to be used only to pay for her care.  As far as the rest goes, of course piliticians are stupid and taking advantage of the situation, and the media is reporting only what fits therte agenda, whether it is the left wing's ABC, CNN, CBS or the right wings FOX.  Neither is providing all the facts.

283980[/snapback]

I couldn't agree with you more on how culpable the media truly is in this sad story.

Gee that is nice.  He rose to the top being a fraud of a man.

Oh dear Lord, I have heard everything know!

:lol:  ;)

283986[/snapback]

Okay, so what is next for him?

He won't run for any offices again, that is unheard of really for a former president to do so.

He'll build a library, do some speaking tours, a book or two, some consulting.

He doesn't have to really play politics at this juncture.

VA, I know your intentions are sincere and I appreciate your opinion. Having seen the interview last night with Michael Schiavo on Larry King the guy strikes me as...well...less than on the level. That does bother me.

But 20 judges have heard this case over the last fifteen years. What invalidates their opinion? What makes Tom DeLay, George and Jeb Bush and Frist wanna play God?

283990[/snapback]

Exactly!

And VA, I do respect your opinion too. Like I said, I am not sure if I would be able to let go.

It would be even harder if I had Fransican brothers as spiritual leaders.

The has got to be some sort of brainwashing gone on with the parents?

283990[/snapback]

I do not like government involvement where it doesn't need to be. That includes lawyers and judges. I feel the government had to step in here because the Florida counts in my opinion overstepped there boards and didn't uphold the states laws.

Okay, so what is next for him? 

He won't run for any offices again, that is unheard of really for a former president to do so. 

He'll build a library, do some speaking tours, a book or two, some consulting. 

He doesn't have to really play politics at this juncture.

283993[/snapback]

I understand. And that is what gets me about politics. It is sad.

Think of all the "dirty tricks" that got him to this point and it disturbs me even more.

It is a win at all cost nation. You either make # 1 and get heard... And yes, I blame my own liberal faction for creating this beast.

I am going arwy... ;):lol: Some much more could have been accomplished with say a McCain... Yet, his lack of "pandering" got in the way.

I do not like government involvement where it doesn't need to be.  That includes lawyers and judges.  I feel the government had to step in here because the Florida counts in my opinion overstepped there boards and didn't uphold the states laws.

283997[/snapback]

Yeah I mentioned this before to the kid in connecticut, that this blip in so called "states rights", has a precedent in Bush vs Gore but he missed the parallel.

Do you think the current US government only invokes the need for federal intervention when it comes to furthering their cause?

I didn't realize that, I was just trying to find you the quick numbers.  As I posted the awards was between 2.25 and 2.5 depending on who was accurate as far as the second award to Terri. 

283977[/snapback]

Regardless what the award was, he received (after attorney's fees,etc) $300K, and $750K went into the trust account. This is listed under "Facts About the Case" in the 3rd GAL's report. I really suggest you put down the hot pocket and take the time to at least peruse it.

http://jb-williams.com/ts-report-12-03.htm

And Dr. tim Johnson knows this HOW? Through experience?

Again i say, if you allow this to happen, then you are allowing the starvation of anyone that can't feed themselves, i.e. cripples, retards and babies.

283009[/snapback]

That's a ridiculous stretch. If she could be spoon-fed (if she could actually swallow...and several tests were performed to verify she can't), we would not be having this discussion.

People do not always know what is best for them.  Hell 90% of the people couldn't tell you who the hell the Chief Justice is, let alone 5 members of the Supreme Court.  You want to take their opinion which is force fed to them by mass media.  This is the same group of people who on the main board here have heard of David Boston therefore when he was cut and TD didn't sign him, then TD was an idiot. 

Okay.  I had so much more respect for you until you used this argument.  ;)

283858[/snapback]

I really didn't use it as part of an argument. All I posted was that I was glad to see most Americans don't approve of the government's intervention into people's private affairs.

But I'm sorry if your misunderstanding of my post has caused you to lose some respect for me. Maybe one day I'll regain some of that wobegone respect. 0:):lol:

That's a ridiculous stretch.  If she could be spoon-fed (if she could actually swallow...and several tests were performed to verify she can't), we would not be having this discussion.

284060[/snapback]

Dan, you are agruing with a person who found the need to lecture everyone on the use of hyperbole?

Did he (JSP) just really write?:

Again i say, if you allow this to happen, then you are allowing the starvation of anyone that can't feed themselves, i.e. cripples, retards and babies.

Hey Joe, I hear Erie County needs a few guys to ride "shotgun" on plow runs!

:lol:;)

0:)

Had computer problems and didn't readall 500 some posts, so this may have been stated.

Why are the libs so gung-ho for killing innocent people by abortion and euthenasia but don't want to kill scum who deserve to die by the death penalty?

If it is OK to kill her, then why not kill Hunter Kelly?

She is about in the same state as he is.

Had computer problems and didn't readall 500 some posts, so this may have been stated.

Why are the libs so gung-ho for killing innocent people by abortion and euthenasia but don't want to kill scum who deserve to die by the death penalty?

If it is OK to kill her, then why not kill Hunter Kelly?

She is about in the same state as he is.

284084[/snapback]

Good question.

I don't believe in revenge killing... Outside of the heat of the moment.

I am personally against abortion. I respect people's right to choose for themselves and for the action they take against their own body. When it harms other people that is wear it crosses the line. Abortion is tricky and a sticky issue.

Being a Catholic, I have to say I really respect the church's stance. They are consistent across the board.

While I think letting her die is humane, is starving her to death the way to go? I know assisted suicide is not legal, but jesus, this woman hasnt had a drop of food or water since Friday..... this isn't as cut and dry as we want it to be.

While I think letting her die is humane, is starving her to death the way to go? I know assisted suicide is not legal, but jesus, this woman hasnt had a drop of food or water since Friday..... this isn't as cut and dry as we want it to be.

284271[/snapback]

That is what happens when you use emotion to determine legislation, instead of thinking things through and examining all of the possible ramifications.