Breaking News

Suicide is taking one's OWN life. God is not keeping her alive, a machine is. Leave the machine off and see if God wants her to live.

283257[/snapback]

A machine is not keeping her alive. She is just being spoon feed through a tube directly through her stomach. She breaths, pumps her own blood, etc... all on her own.

• Replies 845
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If she cannot feel anything which people contend (despite the fact she responds to people in the room) how is she "suffering"? If she is a vegetable, how is she suffering? If she's a vegetable, then all of this drama doesn't do anything.

279578[/snapback]

She is somewhat in a coma.....you can still feel pain while asleep or in a coma.

Thank god...they're going to let her die!

Even Bill O'Reilly is for letter her die!

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,151122,00.html

283221[/snapback]

I'm not against Euthanasia at all, but not like this- dehydration and starvation is cruel.....it would be more humane to put something in her tube to finish it quickly, and ease the pain. This is barbaric

A machine is not keeping her alive.    She is just being spoon feed through a tube directly through her stomach.  She breaths, pumps her own blood, etc... all on her own.

283261[/snapback]

With no idea she's doing it. Her brain is fried, she's a veggie with 0% chance of recovering. 15 years, time for the parents to move on. Letting her die is not suicide.

I still just can't get over the fact that JSP is on here arguing to protect the defenseless.

By the way, Joe, didn't she bring this on herself with her eating disorder? Personal accountability?

Why should there be a medical settlement in the first place? And if there was no settlement, who should pay for the (potentially) decades of keeping her alive with constant care? Medicaid? You and me?

I still just can't get over the fact that JSP is on here arguing to protect the defenseless.

By the way, Joe, didn't she bring this on herself with her eating disorder? Personal accountability?

Why should there be a medical settlement in the first place? And if there was no settlement, who should pay for the (potentially) decades of keeping her alive with constant care? Medicaid? You and me?

283316[/snapback]

Better that then funding unions and sustaining the life of those on death row.

I'm not against Euthanasia at all, but not like this- dehydration and starvation is cruel.....it would be more humane to put something in her tube to finish it quickly, and ease the pain. This is barbaric

283280[/snapback]

The right to die with dignity is long overdue - if only we can get the government out of our most personal choices and decisions. Assisted suicide in cases such as this should be legal.

The right to die with dignity is long overdue - if only we can get the government out of our most personal choices and decisions.  Assisted suicide in cases such as this should be legal.

283338[/snapback]

Yes! I agree! I think that all stupid people should be allowed to...nay...ENCOURAGED to kill themselves.

And I would start with the entire DNC.

A machine is not keeping her alive.    She is just being spoon feed through a tube directly through her stomach.  She breaths, pumps her own blood, etc... all on her own.

283261[/snapback]

Right - so technically she is not brain dead since her brain is still working for those uses.

Also at this point does it matter what her wishes were? If her higher order brain does not function then what made her "her" no longer exists. All that is left is a body.

On the suicide issue - a person can commit suicide by starving themselves to death. Since assisted suicide is illegal how can you deny food since then you are assisting suicide?

283316[/snapback]

Defenseless and INNOCENT.

Big difference. Like I said, It's highly unlikely Terri Schiavo harbored terrorists that have killed American soldiers.

Ya right... Like that has stopped anyone from making a buck.

You first Sir Lancelot.

:blink:

282903[/snapback]

You make light of this, as you had done previously telling me to 'look inward,' and while I pre-qualify this by saying 'no disrespect..."

No disrespect, but simply because that is the world you live in does not make it the world the rest of us live in. I don't need to look inward because I would never expect someone to do something I would not expect myself to do in the same situation.

The fact that you would do this for the money...the fact that you would not honor your commitment of "til death do us part"...does not mean the rest of us would not. Or worst yet...maybe I'm wrong, and maybe you believe you are the ONLY one who would honor the commitment and the rest of us won't.

Either way, while you suggest I look inward, I would suggest to thine own self be true. But thanks for telling us how the cold, dark world operates. I'll be sure to update my handbook.

So's stupidity.  Maybe Phizer is working on a pill...

283373[/snapback]

Sorry - you are incorrect. As you know - mental illnesses include schizophrenia, mood disorders (such as depression and bipolar disorder), anxiety disorders, personality disorders, and eating disorders.

Perhaps stupidity can be a symptom of a mental illness but it is not an illness in itself.

But I do hope Pfizer comes out with a pill for stupidity - a lot of us here could use it! :blink:

Sorry - you are incorrect.  As you know - mental illnesses include schizophrenia, mood disorders (such as depression and bipolar disorder), anxiety disorders, personality disorders, and eating disorders.

Perhaps stupidity can be a symptom of a mental illness but it is not an illness in itself.

But I do hope Pfizer comes out with a pill for stupidity - a lot of us here could use it!  :blink:

283406[/snapback]

It was sarcasm. But thanks for wasting the time. :P