Breaking News

I've also heard no reports of her crying out or writhing in pain.

288592[/snapback]

Didnt you hear??!!?? She passed gas last night, which was interpreted by her parents and all her "supporters" as her attempt to recite the Emancipation Proclamation. Time for another 30 appeals!!!!

Sorry for the bad joke...but the actions of everyone in this case just sickens me.

And why, VA, should the judge be excommunicated from the Church? He didnt commit an abortion. More selective hypocrisy, huh? "Obey the laws, enforce the laws...except the ones we dont like." Ahhh.....religion.

• Replies 845
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just did a bit of searching on the web about some of the stuff regarding this issue. I must admit, I know very little about this case. I never watch the news. EVER. Why subject myself to all these horrors the media loves to fawn over, when all I want to see is if it is going to rain tomorrow?

I must say that I was completely blown away by the sheer malice involved in this case. Just try and get an impartial opinion without an agenda, just like you can never get one on the Isreal-Palastine conflict.

Seems to me, the best thing to do would be to ask yourself what would you want if you were in Terri's position?

Didnt you hear??!!?? She passed gas last night, which was interpreted by her parents and all her "supporters" as her attempt to recite the Emancipation Proclamation. Time for another 30 appeals!!!!

Sorry for the bad joke...but the actions of everyone in this case just sickens me.

And why, VA, should the judge be excommunicated from the Church? He didnt commit an abortion. More selective hypocrisy, huh? "Obey the laws, enforce the laws...except the ones we dont like." Ahhh.....religion.

288610[/snapback]

Well he isn't Catholic, he is babtist, so I am not sure how the other churches work,but he is denying last rites be given to Terri. Denial of any sacraments would be cause for excommunication.

Also, the Catholic church has said that if anyone publically supports pro-choice and euthansia they are considered to be excommunicated.

This was an issue during the Kerry campaign, where he had to be cautious on Sunday's where he went to mass as numerous dioceses are under orders not to permit him to receive communion.

I just did a bit of searching on the web about some of the stuff regarding this issue. I must admit, I know very little about this case. I never watch the news. EVER. Why subject myself to all these horrors the media loves to fawn over, when all I want to see is if it is going to rain tomorrow?

I must say that I was completely blown away by the sheer malice involved in this case. Just try and get an impartial opinion without an agenda, just like you can never get one on the Isreal-Palastine conflict.

Seems to me, the best thing to do would be to ask yourself what would you want if you were in Terri's position?

288621[/snapback]

That's the biggest reason I don't get involved in the discussion. I think the husband is a scumbag but without spending significant time reading the actual court records there's no way to know what the truth of the thing is. I've spent about as much time as I care to listening to both "Air Moronica" and a couple of righty talking heads. Collectively, they're all idiots who need to get a life.

This morning, Juan Williams and Bill Krystol were arguing on some news program and it was pretty obvious that neither of them knows much about the facts but were there to regurgitate their political beliefs.

I'm sure the legal profession is enjoying the largesse from all the living wills they're doing now.

Well he isn't Catholic, he is babtist, so I am not sure how the other churches work,but he is denying last rites be given to Terri.  Denial of any sacraments would be cause for excommunication. 

Also, the Catholic church has said that if anyone publically supports pro-choice and euthansia they are considered to be excommunicated. 

This was an issue during the Kerry campaign, where he had to be cautious on Sunday's where he went to mass as numerous dioceses are under orders not to permit him to receive communion.

288626[/snapback]

I heard she recevied last rights last week, and will again.

Thanks for realizing my pointed comments werent aimed direct at you.

And the same people who "value life" and "our nation of laws" and are "compassionate" have kicked Judge Greer out of his Church, wanted Jeb Bush to send in the National Guard and have the tube re-inserted at gunpoint and have called for the killing of Michael Schiavo.

Long live Hypocrisy

288567[/snapback]

I wonder how many people know that Tom "this isn't over" DeLay's own dad was in a permanent vegetative state after a horrific accident...and guess what? The plug was pulled.

His statement - "it was different".

I offer that in agreement with your statement about hypocrisy. Plugs get pulled every day, in private. These selfish parents have done their daughter a terrible disservice and the politicians on both sides of the aisle who got sucked in are either plain stupid or evil opportunitists. Maybe both.

And the same people who "value life" and "our nation of laws" and are "compassionate" have kicked Judge Greer out of his Church, wanted Jeb Bush to send in the National Guard and have the tube re-inserted at gunpoint and have called for the killing of Michael Schiavo.

Long live Hypocrisy

288567[/snapback]

ah the religous right, gotta love them <_<

I used to love working at Kingdom Bound when i worked at Darien Lake, because I got to see the hypocrisy first. "here take this book about the Lord", meanwhile this woman is clubbing her kid in the head. :doh::doh:

ah the religous right, gotta love them  <_<

I used to love working at Kingdom Bound when i worked at Darien Lake, because I got to see the hypocrisy first. "here take this book about the Lord", meanwhile this woman is clubbing her kid in the head.  :doh:  :doh:

288685[/snapback]

who's calling for anyone to be killed. Secondly, living in NYS, I'm tired of complaints about the south and religious right as if they cost the left something....the left has cost itself everything.

I wonder how many people know that Tom "this isn't over" DeLay's own dad was in a permanent vegetative state after a horrific accident...and guess what?  The plug was pulled.

His statement - "it was different". 

I offer that in agreement with your statement about hypocrisy.  Plugs get pulled every day, in private. These selfish parents have done their daughter a terrible disservice and the politicians on both sides of the aisle who got sucked in are either plain stupid or evil opportunitists.  Maybe both.

288665[/snapback]

DeLay's a whore, and of all the crap-throwing monkeys inhabiting congress, he's one of the ones that most deserves to have crap thrown back at him. *SPLAT*

I can't wait for her to die and have all of this be over with.

288901[/snapback]

You are still going to have the fight for the body. The husband wants it cremated immediately, while the parents want her to be buried.

Q: What happens if there is an autopsy and they find signs of abuse?

288912[/snapback]

The husband wants the body destroyed ASAP so that there is no autopsy. In my worthless opinion, if signs of abuse are found during an autopsy, charges should be filed immediately.

The husband wants the body destroyed ASAP so that there is no autopsy. In my worthless opinion, if signs of abuse are found during an autopsy, charges should be filed immediately.

288914[/snapback]

Of course they'll say Michael Jackson did it. <_<

Allegations of MS "abusing her" were propaganda put out by Terri's family to discredit him. They point to a bone scan done about a year after she put herself into cardiac arrest, where there were healing fractures all over her body. The problem is, they are ALL consistent with her falling from a standing position and crashing to the floor, and with subsequent resuscitative efforts. Furthermore, they can do an autopsy prior to cremation, and again what they'll find can be explained away as being related to her cardiac arrest, so it's not like cremation will "hide" anything. Frankly I don't know the reason he wants her cremated, but I assume it was her wishes, like not living like this was one of her wishes. Frankly again, I could care less what they do with her body, but as was mentioned, it will probably be a legal fight over that as well.

And thankfully she didn't die over the Easter weekend. The ridiculous cannonizations of her as a martyr and parallels to JC would have been nauseating.

You are still going to have the fight for the body. The husband wants it cremated immediately, while the parents want her to be buried.

288909[/snapback]

Wonder if our goverment will stick their noses in this as well. What kind of signs of abuse would they find after 15 years?

Her "husband" and the judges who ruled in his favor will all burn in hell.

Saw a picture of him when he was younger. Reminded me of Eric Roberts portrail of Dorthy Stratton's husband in Star80.