How long will it take for fans to call for the OC to be fired?

BigDingus

Dabol was brought in & basically told to use what he's got already in place which in some instances is a good thing because to much change can be a bad thing but in this case i think Dabol should be able to have who he wants as his O line coach .

If Castillo had come with a resume of turning O lines around into perennial top 10 lines that would be 1 thing but i can't remember him being on a bunch of really good teams of late sure he did a stint with some decent teams in Philly which is where he has his connection with McD but since then he's not done a lot of

nothing !!

Given what McD had here still under contract when he was hired that was working really well with the personal on hand meaning Arron Kromer & given the fact that since he has went to L.A. their running game has become a huge reason why they are on the upswing makes the move to let Kromer go look real close to the blunder that was Rex letting Schwartz walk !

Why can't these new coaches go into to teams & look before they leap ? See what's working & just LEAVE IT ALONE !! 

41 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Why do you think he wants to move to Buffalo and cut off all of his other clients that he works with to work exclusively as a Bills assistant with the daily grind?

Who do you suggest as QB coach with the history of success?

I’m not saying that he WANTS that necessarily. I’m saying that there is a number that will make him want it. By all accounts he loved working with Allen. Gruden didn’t want to go back to coaching either until the offer was too good to pass up. 

Dorsey did a great job with Cam and has a McDermott connection. Art Briles is a scumbag but has done great work with QBs. AVP? Which QBs has Culley developed? The answer is, none. Now, maybe he will develop Allen but his track record now is nil. I would never trust someone without a resume of QB development to develop my young franchise QB. That’s negligent IMO. 

Edited by Kirby Jackson

4 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’m not saying that he WANTS that necessarily. I’m saying that there is a number that will make him want it. By all accounts he loved working with Allen. Gruden didn’t want to go back to coaching either until the offer was too good to pass up. 

Dorsey did a great job with Cam and has a McDermott connection. Art Briles is a scumbag but has done great work with QBs. Which QBs has Culley developed? The answer is, none. Now, maybe he will develop Allen but his track record now is nil. I would never trust someone without a resume of QB development to develop my young franchise QB. That’s negligent IMO. 

Again, he may not be all about every last dollar with lifestyle/location being important considerations and he seems to enjoy working with all of his clients which he would be precluded from doing as a Bills' assistant.

Regardless of who else you name, Culley was hired by McDermott with a strong recommendation from Reid I'll guess.  Bottom line is the Bills have a QB coach they fully trust to be on the development team for their franchise QB. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Dorsey did a great job with Cam and has a McDermott connection. Art Briles is a scumbag but has done great work with QBs. Which QBs has Culley developed? The answer is, none. Now, maybe he will develop Allen but his track record now is nil. I would never trust someone without a resume of QB development to develop my young franchise QB. That’s negligent IMO. 

That's the rub with last year's offensive staff. We had a QB Coach that hasn't coached QBs since 1982, an assistant QB coach that has never coached QBs, a college WR coach, an OL coach with a bad track record but good connections, and an OC that played LB in the NFL.

That said, Culley is a very well respected coach overall. He just hasn't worked with QBs in a long time. I was hoping that with Phil going to LA they might move Culley back to WR coach and hire a more proven QB coach.

6 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Again, he may not be all about every last dollar with lifestyle/location being important considerations and he seems to enjoy working with all of his clients which he would be precluded from doing as a Bills' assistant.

Regardless of who else you name, Culley was hired by McDermott with a strong recommendation from Reid I'll guess.  Bottom line is the Bills have a QB coach they fully trust to be on the development team for their franchise QB. 

That’s all fine and good but we have no idea if he’s good or not. We also have an OL coach hired by McDermott that they fully trust. Maybe I’m on an island here but I wouldn’t leave my franchise QB in the hands of someone that has never developed a QB. I don’t think that is wise. 

3 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

That's the rub with last year's offensive staff. We had a QB Coach that hasn't coached QBs since 1982, an assistant QB coach that has never coached QBs, a college WR coach, an OL coach with a bad track record but good connections, and an OC that played LB in the NFL.

That said, Culley is a very well respected coach overall. He just hasn't worked with QBs in a long time. I was hoping that with Phil going to LA they might move Culley back to WR coach and hire a more proven QB coach.

That was my hope as well.

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

That’s all fine and good but we have no idea if he’s good or not. We also have an OL coach hired by McDermott that they fully trust. Maybe I’m on an island here but I wouldn’t leave my franchise QB in the hands of someone that has never developed a QB. I don’t think that is wise. 

Can't counter with anything on Castillo as I agree with you there given his NFL history as an OL coach.  We'll see on Culley, but thus far I'm very encouraged by Allen's development. 

I was calling for him to be fired as soon as I heard he worked for the Patriots.

Not really.

Daboll has spent so much time working with Allen and installing this new system at the same time that the Oline hasn't been his priority.  

It is now.  Especially since some of the mistakes upfront were communication and assignment confusion, which is primarily on the coaches.  The technique stuff is probably too late to improve very much at this point, but who knows.

Granted we didn't have our best Olineman out there, we had no Shady either.  So basically the two pro bowlers on our offense were both sitting against the Bengals (yeah Dawk will get voted in this year).    So they'll have an impact. 

And now the spotlight is on prepping our Oline for Baltimore in 11 days and you can bet Daboll understands his offense is crap without the O line functioning. 

3 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

He’s the guy that’s the worst at his job. His seat has to be hot IMO. Culley is next. He should not be the guy developing your young stud QB. They should have thrown a pile of money at Jordan Palmer to continue what he started.

Daboll has over a year because he’s saddled with poor talent and a weak offensive coaching staff. He more or less has a pass this year for me. 

And I agree with that, but just remember that throughout the season when/if we start laying turds all over the field on offense. People have a way of getting worked up after actually witnessing the awful performances on field, and eventually just want the OC gone. 

Hell, remember last season on the boards? McDermott was being given a pass since we acknowledged we were starting over, and that he was likely just waiting until he could draft his QB & build a team around him. But even though he was making this thin roster over achieve, people were calling for not only the OC to be fired but McDermott as well! Even though we had a winning record....

That TNF Jets game & the Saints game lead to a lot of people going back on their free pass year for him.

As long as Dabol works the way that McD does & if he can't get the O line figured out this yr & fires the apparent problem the O line coach immediately after the season i think he will be there longer but if they have a bad season & like McD can't see where the problem lies the Pegula's might just make the move for them !!