New Darien Lake Ride announcement - Aug 30th

wagon127

29 minutes ago, wagon127 said:

it was, but six flags sold it in 2006, and I think six flags went bankrupt at one point. I almost considered buying their stock when it was at 25 cents. It was transferred to lesser know theme park companies several times over the last 10 years, barely even news worthy. Now I just gotta figure out what is better for me, a season pass, or buying a monthly membership......

But more important, is the dancing old guy still alive?

4 hours ago, wagon127 said:

it was, but six flags sold it in 2006, and I think six flags went bankrupt at one point. I almost considered buying their stock when it was at 25 cents. It was transferred to lesser know theme park companies several times over the last 10 years, barely even news worthy. Now I just gotta figure out what is better for me, a season pass, or buying a monthly membership......

Ok, so it was at one point a six flags, then it went back to them again recently.

I knew it was years ago, and I remember the commercials with the creepy dancing guy too....

16 hours ago, nkreed said:

All I can picture when I think of six flags is the Empire ad (I think it was them) with Art Wonder dressed up as that guy.

On 8/29/2018 at 7:19 PM, nkreed said:

It's probably going to be another spinning ride to take the place of the Lasso or the Silver Bullet (I think those are the two rides in the midway area).  I remember an injury or two recently on the Silver Bullet.  

It would be cool if they announced that they'd be RMC'ing the Predator, but my guess would be that's a few years out of Six Flags thinks they are profitable.

Can the narrator possibly sound more boring?

Don't touch The Predator. I always feel like I might die every time I ride it, and that's how I want it to stay.  

1 hour ago, The Jerk said:

Can the narrator possibly sound more boring?

Don't touch The Predator. I always feel like I might die every time I ride it, and that's how I want it to stay.  

I agree, I was really disappointed in the video. The guy did an incredible amount of research, but he should have somebody else just read what he wrote in a more enthusiastic tone. I couldn't watch the video for very long.

On 8/30/2018 at 7:53 AM, BarkLessWagMore said:

Oh HELL NO !!!

I love roller coasters but not these things, I won't even go on the giant ferris wheel.

15 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Oh HELL NO !!!

I love roller coasters but not these things, I won't even go on the giant ferris wheel.

Agreed.  I’ll ride just about any coaster.  Love them.  But there’s something about these swing rides.  I wouldn’t even ride the kid’s on at the local fair.

3 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Agreed.  I’ll ride just about any coaster.  Love them.  But there’s something about these swing rides.  I wouldn’t even ride the kid’s on at the local fair.

I can do swings just not that high.

I hate the climb of a coaster but once it goes down its all fun from there.