Every Josh Allen snap in Bengals Preseason Game 3

cd1

1 hour ago, BillsSbSoon said:

Yeah but when allens knee hit the ground the ball was at the first down marker. It was ridiculous that mcd didnt challenge that. And not only that, but we hurried to the line to get the punt off. Hard to fathom

BUT, BUT, BUT...

Look at the Bills sideline! THEY had a ring side seat YET no one was reacting like it was a first down.

josh.jpg

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

should he get a total pass because of the pressure?  Should the same standard be used for A J in week 2?

Yes.  Why not?  The problem is AJ's not playing because he's hurt so he's basically been thrust out of the competition.

Just now, Jauronimo said:

You don't get to blame blocking when you hold the ball for 3+ seconds every down.

Yeah, okay.

59 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

Towards the beginning of the video; that 2nd and 13 play on like our 10 yard line...

He ran to his right and threw on the run.  His footwork was horrible.  His man had his defender beat, initially, by at least 5 yards.  Had the ball been thrown high and hard so the WR could run under the ball, it would have been like a 90 yard TD play, unless the DB has enormous speed and could run the WR down.  

Instead, despite his killer arm, the ball was horribly under thrown and would have been an INT probably 8 out of 10 times, but the DB dropped the ball despite it hitting him square in his chest/hands.

The immediately next play Allen fires a 100mph fastball in a seam between coverage but throws too high and it goes over the under D, the over D, and the Bills receiver in the middle of the sandwich.

This is all stuff Allen has been doing all along.  

The OL was not an issue on either of these plays.

3 out of the 5 sacks would have happened to any qb. The penalties took away from any rythem the offense could muster. The dropped balls added insult to injury. The offensive personell should have been notified that they were still fighting to be starters. Maybe that would have lit a fire under their butt. Allen didn't play well, but sure didn't get any help either. Some veterans should have stepped up and chewed some ass on the lack of effort.

4 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

You don't get to blame blocking when you hold the ball for 3+ seconds every down.

Do you actually watch the games before you comment on them? There was hardly 2 seconds gone by on three of those sacks. Learn to count please. Plus you don't see what route the receivers were running, or if they were covered. So just chuck the ball like NP did against San Diego last year? Think a little.

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Doc said:

Yes.  Why not?  The problem is AJ's not playing because he's hurt so he's basically been thrust out of the competition

so TBD says.  OBD says differently.

"Once he's healthy we pick up where we left off" -- Coach McDermott.

12 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Yes, the yardage lost on the sacks he took eclipsed his passing yardage in the first half.  Is someone else to blame for his 5 first half sacks?

Are you for real? Did you actually watch the game? Do you understand the basics of blocking?

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, reddogblitz said:

what about the other 3?

some he had ZERO time and some he held onto it too long.  Even the man Himself said so. 

If you know anything about Josh Allen you will know he never throws anyone under the bus. He is a stand up guy. 3 of the sacks were not even close to being his fault. And you don't know what the coverage or the patterns of the plays where he was sacked. You are just ranting.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, BB@Shooter said:

If you know anything about Josh Allen you will know he never throws anyone under the bus. He is a stand up guy. 3 of the sacks were not even close to being his fault. And you don't know what the coverage or the patterns of the plays where he was sacked. You are just ranting.

it's called observing.   it's pre season.

9 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

so TBD says.  OBD says differently.

"Once he's healthy we pick up where we left off" -- Coach McDermott.

We shall see.  The time is rapidly approaching to name a starter.

7 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

what about the other 3?

some he had ZERO time and some he held onto it too long.  Even the man Himself said so. 

A good leader takes the blame all on himself.  Blaming the OL or WR's wouldn't endear himself to anyone.

1 minute ago, BB@Shooter said:

Do you actually watch the games before you comment on them? There was hardly 2 seconds gone by on three of those sacks. Learn to count please. Plus you don't see what route the receivers were running, or if they were covered. So just chuck the ball like NP did against San Diego last year? Think a little.

Nah, broski.  I don't watch the games ever cuz I'm 2 busy in high level meetings. 

Are you a parody account, because you absolutely nailed every TBD mouth breather talking point and false choice possible in one abortion of a post. 

Thats time till contact listed above.  I watched a had few more tenths of sec on each.  

There are other options outside of taking sacks and throwing INTs.  Also, you don't know what coverage was either.  Are you telling me the other 3 were coverage sacks? See how that works both ways? #ThinkALittleMorePostALotLess

3 minutes ago, BB@Shooter said:

It is obviously preseason for the posters to not have a clue and can spout off anything they want and not be held accountable. 

You're going to be a sensation here, I can tell. I look forward to working with you for next 3-4 weeks.

3 hours ago, Doc said:

He should have been 8/12 for at least 70 yards.  And I still have no idea why McD didn't challenge that scramble he had, as he got the 1st down.

I thought he got the first down too. Should have challenged

32 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

it's pre season. NO team is going to show it's scheme in pre season.

Really? So Cincinnati scored that easily on us with a basic scheme? And you know this about Cincinnati how? Supposedly the defenses are supposed to be vanilla also, but they aren't.  How do you explain that away? Cleveland was throwing all sorts of stunts at our qb's. Cincinnati didn't have to, we just sucked that bad.

Where the pressure comes from is important too. I saw guys 2-3 yards in the backfield up the middle on a bunch of passing downs. Heck, Tom Brady can't deal with immediate pressure up the middle like that. Not surprising a rookie in his first start with the ones looked flustered under that kind of duress. 

The line had to replace 2 starting interior guys in Wood and Incognito. Geno Atkins is one of the best DTs in the business. I think it's pretty poor analysis to just say 'Allen was bad' without taking a bunch of things into consideration...I'm not sure what more could have been reasonably expected from him.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Nah, broski.  I don't watch the games ever cuz I'm 2 busy in high level meetings. 

Are you a parody account, because you absolutely nailed every TBD mouth breather talking point and false choice possible in one abortion of a post. 

Thats time till contact listed above.  I watched a had few more tenths of sec on each.  

There are other options outside of taking sacks and throwing INTs.  Also, you don't know what coverage was either.  Are you telling me the other 3 were coverage sacks? See how that works both ways? #ThinkALittleMorePostALotLess

You're going to be a sensation here, I can tell. I look forward to working with you for next 3-4 weeks.

Did you not listen to the announcers? They said they were coverage sacks. Now that was easy. And others on here said we were running intermediate to long pass patterns and there was no time for checkdowns because the backs and tight ends had to stay in and block. Any other exiting news I don't know about? Last game the coaching staff worked on Allens short game, not this game according to different sources. But they let Peterman take what the D was giving him and ran the short game for the most part. 

If you had to blame Allen or the OL, I think the resounding answer would be the line.  Still though, you can’t give Allen a complete pass. They were not gameplanning, so I think part of evaluating him yesterday was to see how he could handle pressure.  As you can see, he struggled a bit both with prediagnosing the defense and going through his reads - especially given the insane pass rush.  

He also seemed to be a bit gunshy about throwing the ball.  He also shortarmed a throw to Clay when he could have hit him in stride.  

Overall though, I don’t think his numbers reflected his play.  He had a few drops by Clay and Benjamin.  If Benjamin makes the over-the-should catch, He was also moving the ball when the Bills punted on 4th and short.    I think he did ok, but it might be a step back from he looked the past few weeks.  This is to be expected and he’s basically where we all thought he’d be.  

7 minutes ago, BB@Shooter said:

Did you not listen to the announcers? They said they were coverage sacks. Now that was easy. And others on here said we were running intermediate to long pass patterns and there was no time for checkdowns because the backs and tight ends had to stay in and block. Any other exiting news I don't know about? Last game the coaching staff worked on Allens short game, not this game according to different sources. But they let Peterman take what the D was giving him and ran the short game for the most part. 

The announcers most certainly did not say every sack was a coverage sack.  Are you really telling me that there were NO open receivers all half?  That's gotta be an NFL record. 

He played mostly out of the gun all game too. The game was in front of him.  Its not like he finished his drop and had free rushers in his face.  4 out of 5 sacks were in shotgun formation.

Allen threw for 34 yards and was sacked for 39 lost yards.  That's negative 5 yards passing for you math wizards and advanced stats guys.  I'd like to write it off entirely on poor line play but its the worst half of QB play I've witnessed since our likely starter tossed 5 INTs against the Bolts.