Possible Jets-Raiders trade

RPbillsfan

13 minutes ago, baskingridgebillsfan said:

bridgewater would be a tiny part of any trade.  a throw in basically .  

our trade might look like this .   Hughes, Washington and 1 and a 4 the picks will be in different years 

Not in our lifetime.Do you remember what the Sabres got for Kane,for example.

16 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

Not in our lifetime.Do you remember what the Sabres got for Kane,for example.

i am not saying they do it , but what the Raiders would ask .  I will say this if the Bills add an elite pass rusher they would have a top 5 d .   I don;t think they can spend the capitol to get him.  It looks more and more like they are going to have to make a big investment in the o line .   

• Like (+1) 1

As great of a player Mack is, I just see no logical reason to spend 20 million dollars a year and also giving up a first round pick for him. Greatness at the NFL linebacker position just isn’t as relevant for success as it may have been years ago. NFL QBs today are much more elusive, they get rid of the ball quicker and they are playing in modern passing schemes that get the ball out of their hands much faster.

Another reason I wouldn’t like it is that it has the possibility of breeding an atmosphere of jealousy within the locker room. The linebacker is a lunch pail position and I could see fellow defensive players wondering why Mack is making 5 times the yearly salary in which player(s) might feel they’re just as vital for the defenses success.

Edited by 1billsfan

3 minutes ago, 1billsfan said:

As great of a player Mack is, I just see no logical reason to spend 20 million dollars a year and also giving up a first round pick for him. Greatness at the NFL linebacker position just isn’t as relevant for success as it may have been years ago. NFL QBs today are much more elusive, they get rid of the ball quicker and they are playing in modern passing schemes that get the ball out of their hands much faster.

Another reason I wouldn’t like it is that it has the possibility of breeding an atmosphere of jealousy within the locker room. The linebacker is a lunch pail position and I could see fellow defensive players wondering why Mack is making 5 times the yearly salary in which player(s) might feel they’re just as vital for the defenses success.

Mack would play DE in McDermott's defense and great pass rushers like him are highly relevant in the NFL. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, 1billsfan said:

I agree. As great a player as Mack is, I don't think they want to get back into cap hell with paying 1 player so much.

34 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Mack would play DE in McDermott's defense and great pass rushers like him are highly relevant in the NFL. 

Not for 20 mil a year and a first round pick. That's just insane to me. Any good OC can negate a great defensive player's impact in almost any game.

I want Mack, but not near that kind of hit.

Edited by 1billsfan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, 1billsfan said:

Not for 20 mil a year and a first round pick. That's just insane to me. Any good OC can negate a great defensive player's impact in almost any game.

I want Mack, but not near that kind of hit.

Players of that caliber impact the game either with their own play making or by creating opportunities for teammates.  The salary cap will continue to rise so if you have a chance to add an impact player at one of the most important positions in the game beyond QB, you do it. 

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Players of that caliber impact the game either with their own play making or by creating opportunities for teammates.  The salary cap will continue to rise so if you have a chance to add an impact player at one of the most important positions in the game beyond QB, you do it. 

I think Mack and his agent will soon find out that no NFL team is giving him 20 million a year. If a team were willing, a deal would have happened already. New age GMs think that kind of money can seriously fortify multiple positions on a 53 man roster.

1 minute ago, 1billsfan said:

I think Mack and his agent will soon find out that no NFL team is giving him 20 million a year. If a team were willing, a deal would have happened already. New age GMs think that kind of money can seriously fortify multiple positions on a 53 man roster.

I don't know how you come to this conclusion since the Raiders haven't agreed to trade him.  Not to mention, multiple teams have reportedly inquired regarding his availability and you can bet they have an idea of his contract demands via back channels to his representatives.

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, 1billsfan said:

I agree, but if Allen is our franchise QB, then we have 4 years of Goldilocks Zone like the Seahawks had with Wilson. Blowing a bunch of money on a DPOTY who can anchor our defense for the next 4 years is worth it.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I don't know how you come to this conclusion since the Raiders haven't agreed to trade him.  Not to mention, multiple teams have reportedly inquired regarding his availability and you can bet they have an idea of his contract demands via back channels to his representatives.

I agree with most of what you said here. Earlier you said that Mack would be a DE in McD's defense - so he would be replacing Hughes? Meaning the Bills should probably offer Hughes as part of a trade to the Raiders? 

If so the Bills would save Hughes 2018 Base Salary which is $6,350,000 per spotrac?

Edited by DefenseWins

7 minutes ago, LikeIGiveADarn said:

I agree, but if Allen is our franchise QB, then we have 4 years of Goldilocks Zone like the Seahawks had with Wilson. Blowing a bunch of money on a DPOTY who can anchor our defense for the next 4 years is worth it.

I'd rather follow the Belichick/Brady model which has given them 17 Goldilocks years and counting. Also, look at what Philly's doing.

The Seahawks were a mess that was destined to fall apart.

Edited by 1billsfan

2 minutes ago, DefenseWins said:

I agree with most of what you said here. Earlier you said that Mack would be a DE in McD's defense - so he would be replacing Hughes? Meaning the Bills should probably offer Hughes as part of a trade to the Raiders? 

Mack as far as I remember played LDE so he'd be opposite Hughes unless included in the deal. 

1 hour ago, 1billsfan said:

I doubt his fellow defensive players would question the value an supremely-talented linebacker can bring. (I'm thinking: Luke Kuechly, Von Miller, Ray Lewis, Junior Seau, Cornelius Bennett, LT, among many others).

Edited by Robert James

5 minutes ago, Robert James said:

I doubt his fellow defensive players would doubt the value an supremely-talented linebacker can bring. (I'm thinking: Luke Kuechly, Von Miller, Ray Lewis, Junior Seau, Cornelius Bennett, LT, among many others).

Luke Kuechly isn't making Von Miller "stupid" money. I have little doubt the Broncos would love to get out of that one.

Depending on what DaRaiders want in a trade I would think that replacing Mack with Hughes would give them a better chance to win now as opposed to getting Bridgewater and picks from the Jets, all else being equal. If McD is happy with the idea of going into the season with Allen-Peterman as his QB's then McCarron could be included in any deal as well although I am in no hurry to get rid of McCarron. He is QB insurance at least in case of injury to Allen-Peterman with a very reasonable contract. And the Bills should be able to meet Mack's contract demands and still have 2019 $$ cap space remaining...