Games watched

row_33

12 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Should have never gotten rid of Philip Fulmer, haven't been the same since. I haven't watched Tennessee in years.

Who's there coach now?

I agree Tenn should have not gotten rid of Phat Phil. It would have been fun watching Saban crush him year after year after year.

As for the coach, that would be Jeremy Pruitt, Bama's DC last year.

18 minutes ago, Cynical said:

I agree Tenn should have not gotten rid of Phat Phil. It would have been fun watching Saban crush him year after year after year.

I think that Pruitt will be an excellent coach.  The defense really responded well to him last year and Tenn. is going to get better.

1 hour ago, Cynical said:

What happened to what's his name that coached  them just before Pruitt?

5 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

What happened to what's his name that coached  them just before Pruitt?

Here is rundown of coaches since Fulmer:

Lane Kiffin - 2009. Lasted one year. Bolted for the USC gig as soon as it opened. Vol fans went into mob mode.

Derek Dooley - 2010-2012. He didn't make it through the 2012 before he was fired. 3 straight losing seasons.

Butch Jones - 2013-2017 was canned during the 2017 season after going 4-6 overall, and 0-6 in the SEC.

Irony: After the 2017 season, Bama hired Jones as an offensive analyst. And yes, he did smoke a cigar after Bama beat Tenn this year. Vol fans were not happy.

• Like (+1) 1

time for the weekly update and comments...

Thursday night:

Temple at UCF, chance to watch this mid-major upstart,  first time I've gone out of my way to watch this kind of scene since Boise went to Idaho State awhile back, the game was in a barn with the uprights nailed to the wall of the barn.

Saturday nooners:

Huskers at tOSU, my what a sad state Big Red has become since it embraced a schedule where there was finally a good team facing them before the year-end tilt with the Sooners.... and speaking of sad states (nah I won't kick the Buckeyes when they are down...)

Syracuse at Wake Forest, shout out to excited fans of Cuse and the best nickname in college for that team in Winston-Salem

Saturday 3:30s:

Georgia/Kentucky which sadly doesn't mean a *****ing thing at all this season

Penn State/Michigan, best of the dueling rinky-dink tinker-toy option games on the tube

Prime Time

Irish at Northwestern, it's such a sad year that the Wildcats are seen as a decent team, yeah they are "a decent team" indeed

Bama/LSU, first time Bama has to face a decent opponent, great strategy because they can lose and still get in the playoff while dodging the SEC title game, what genius!!!!

Cal/Wazzu because the way it is going a Pac 12 team is probably going to be a #4 or #5 option for the playoffs spots, I won't spend a second on it though

5 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

The spread for Nebraska at OSU is down to 17.5. They’ve beaten the Huskers by an average of 50.5 pts over the last two years and they’re at home. Do with this what you will.

What happened to Nebraska?  I go back to the early 70s and hold some old fart nostalgia thoughts they should be good....

2 hours ago, row_33 said:

What happened to Nebraska?  I go back to the early 70s and hold some old fart nostalgia thoughts they should be good....

Recruiting has been impacted by moving to the Big 10, they have no rivals, and they lost their Texas recruiting base. Kids now have no memory of when they were good and no one wants to live in Lincoln. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

My Saturday slate

On the big screen, Red Dead Redemption 2 :D

Moved my bedroom TV so I can watch football and play at the same time

Early Games:

A lackluster lineup.  Guess I'll go with Sparty @ Maryland on ESPN2

Afternoon Games:

#14 Penn St @ #5 Michigan

#13 West Virginia @ #17 Texas might be worth flipping over during a Penn St commercial break.  Winner probably ends up playing Oklahoma for the Big12 title

#6 Georgia @ #9 Kentucky:  Is Kentucky for real?  I don't think so, my guess is this is a Georgia blowout

Primetime:

#1 Alabama @ #3 LSU.  The Elephant in the room. 

#4 Notre Dame @ Northwestern.  Flip over during commercial breaks or if Alabama/LSU is a blowout

Late Games

Cal @ #8 Washington St.  When I'm done with RDR2 for the night, take the TV back to the bedroom, turn on ESPN and the sleep timer

Edited by /dev/null

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Needless to say, this is the best Michigan team Harbaugh has had in Ann Arbor. 

If he can't beat Ohio State with this team he has, and this team that Ohio State has, then I don't know when he will.

Michigan was at their best today. Their defense is outstanding. Great getting Rashan Gary back.

Gotta keep the intensity up, take one game at a time and not look forward to the Ohio State game.

Edited by Mark Vader

Texas Tech QB Alan Bowman knocked out of the game at halftime.

During halftime warmups Bowman was hit in the head by a stray football. Bowman was not wearing a helmet and has been ruled out for the rest of the game.  No word yet on the exact injury, most likely either a concussion or hit in the eye.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.