oops no he was 

17/42

40.5 percent completion 

185 yards

4.4 ypa

2 ints

1 sack 

Not saying Tyrod = A rod, you did 

Exactly- elite guys have bad games and so do bad ones, so do average ones. 

Tyrod isnt elite, but he’s proven himself beyond any of the other guys on the roster by quite a lot. 

Ps I hate this thread, guy is gone, Bills have moved on, I belive for all the right reasons, but the narrative this guy is the worst to ever play the game is wrong

Mccarron and Peterman have proven in no way they are upgrades. If Josh doesn’t pan out we are going to see the worst Bills qb play in several years. 

Literally no one is saying that. In no way, shape, or form is TT the worst ever to play the game. 

He's just not nearly as good as the media wants to make him out to be and not really in the top 30 at the position currently in the league. 

Where the pushback comes from is the very real attempt to push a narrative that says "only racists think Tyrod should have been replaced". I resent and take personal offense at this notion that all Bills fans are practically klansmen because we were ok with them moving on from a QB who led the NFL's worst passing offense for 3 years and just happened to be black. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, twoandfourteen said:

Literally no one is saying that. In no way, shape, or form is TT the worst ever to play the game. 

He's just not nearly as good as the media wants to make him out to be and not really in the top 30 at the position currently in the league. 

Where the pushback comes from is the very real attempt to push a narrative that says "only racists think Tyrod should have been replaced". I resent and take personal offense at this notion that all Bills fans are practically klansmen because we were ok with them moving on from a QB who led the NFL's worst passing offense for 3 years and just happened to be black. 

Ok let’s get real. There are football fans that have an issue rooting for a black QB. They need a white QB because that’s what they need. I don’t know why. But Tyrod isn’t horrible, he just isn’t great. 

6 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Ok let’s get real. There are football fans that have an issue rooting for a black QB. They need a white QB because that’s what they need. I don’t know why. But Tyrod isn’t horrible, he just isn’t great. 

I'm not denying that this doesn't exist. I'm sure they're out there.

But "how many of them are there?" has been my question -- and no one seems to want to answer it. 

45 minutes ago, twoandfourteen said:

Not a top # 30 QB is really reaching?

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, twoandfourteen said:

The NY Jets have 3 just on their roster.

Based on what Darnold hasn’t taken a snap in this league. Bridgewater hasn’t put up impressive numbers during his time as starter in Minnesota. McCown had his best year as a starter last year and still didn’t put up 3000 yds.

Tyrod has put up better numbers than those 3 overall.Try again.

32 minutes ago, billieve420 said:

Based on what Darnold hasn’t taken a snap in this league. Bridgewater hasn’t put up impressive numbers during his time as starter in Minnesota. McCown had his best year as a starter last year and still didn’t put up 3000 yds.

Tyrod has put up better numbers than those 3 overall.Try again.

You're not getting any of those 3 for Tyrod straight up in a trade. 

Also, JMcC & TB have both put up better numbers than TT. TB is by far a more talented passer & QB overall.

(JMcC also only played in 13 games last year. He averaged 45 more passing yds/gm than TT.)

2 hours ago, twoandfourteen said:

I'm not denying that this doesn't exist. I'm sure they're out there.

But "how many of them are there?" has been my question -- and no one seems to want to answer it. 

Of course not, because it's a bull **** red herring thrown out by weak minded people.  The suggestion that anyone other than a handful of backwater rubes would rather have an inferior QB than a black QB is absurd.  I'll happily take the reincarnation of Warren Moon or Steve McNair any time.

Anyone who honestly watched Taylor play (and wasn't obsessed over his race), understands he isn't ever going to be the kind of player that puts a team on his back and wins games.  And that's what is required to rise above the pack in the modern NFL.  If you want to go 8-8 forever, Tyrod is just fine.  If you aspire to more, you need to try someone else.

9 minutes ago, Hurricane Marv said:

Jarvis Landry is going to have like 160 catches this year, seriously.

It will amount to about 6.5 ypc and holy god the combination of him and Tyrod is going to make for some of the most boring dink and dunk BS football that the world has ever seen. Glad we moved on.

The over/under on # of 3d down catches Landry has this year that are short of the first down line is 17 1/2.

Edited by KD in CA
  • Like (+1) 1

Tyrod got his chance to be a starting QB in Buffalo and still may be a starter in Cleveland. To be honest the team took a shot on a guy that I never knew existed. Tyrod Taylor was never spoken about until he came to Buffalo. We gave the man national attention. McDermott made him a playoff QB with his strength on defense. 

He still has fans and still has a chance to make a new narrative on himself. 

All that being said I trust McDermott and we benched him and then traded him for a 3rd round pick for a reason. I don't need to know what they thought Tyrod wasn't doing right.

Tyrod can prove that the Bills were wrong just like Sammy or Dareus but forgive me for not thinking any of them make me look at my team like wtf you stupid? 

Edited by Lfod

6 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Complete horse crap post.    Shame on you 

Race didn’t pass for 56 yards.      Tyrod did.  

1 hour ago, Teddy KGB said:

Complete horse crap post.    Shame on you 

Race didn’t pass for 56 yards.      Tyrod did.  

Whatever man. Better players have had worse games. We may see a whole new level of bad QBing this season if McDermott can’t convince opponents to play their twos. There isn’t an NFL ready starter on the roster right now. 

Lets see if that same standard applies, or if the excuses start pouring out. 

15 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Whatever man. Better players have had worse games. We may see a whole new level of bad QBing this season if McDermott can’t convince opponents to play their twos. There isn’t an NFL ready starter on the roster right now. 

Lets see if that same standard applies, or if the excuses start pouring out. 

Take it to PPP.    You come off as a dumbass talking race.      Race didn’t throw 20 incompletions and waste a stellar playoff performance by the defense.  

You are a joke.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Teddy KGB said:

Take it to PPP.    You come off as a dumbass talking race.      Race didn’t throw 20 incompletions and waste a stellar playoff performance by the defense.  

You are a joke.  

Your harping is obscene- you can leave my board anytime you like. 

You add nothing to anything and you are the lowest form of whatever you are. 

People counter your assertions with facts and you can’t even, won’t even address. Because you aren’t looking for impartiality. 

My first ignore ever. I’m not interested in irrational hate and understand it’s irreversibility. 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Your harping is obscene- you can leave my board anytime you like. 

You add nothing to anything and you are the lowest form of whatever you are. 

My first ignore ever. I’m not interested in irrational hate. 

K, Make sure to Change your screen name to Bills fans are racist first.   

They don’t worship Bruce, Biscuit, Thurman or anything. 

Checkmate! 

You started the stupid conversation and now run away defeated like a dope.  ??‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️

Edited by Teddy KGB

Tyrod playing the race card was sad.  Got an eye-roll out of me, nothing more.

Racism tends to be easy to spot.  I have a relative that's racist and hated Tyrod from the start.  Was plain to see though, all the comments were about black QBs never amounting to anything (ignoring players like Warren Moon), rather then any comment about his actual performance.

The members here who make actual arguments against Tyrod, listing things such as his habit of checking down to quickly, or running a terrible two-minute drill are likely not racist.  They simply don't like the performance they see, and would say the same if the QB had white, yellow, red or plaid skin.

Racism is awful and sadly still exists in the world.  But there seems to be a large spike in the number of racism claims made, with less and less evidence to support them.  That only makes matters worse.  Every comment like Tyrod's makes it harder for people to take legitimate claims seriously.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, The Red King said:

Tyrod playing the race card was sad.  Got an eye-roll out of me, nothing more.

Racism tends to be easy to spot.  I have a relative that's racist and hated Tyrod from the start.  Was plain to see though, all the comments were about black QBs never amounting to anything (ignoring players like Warren Moon), rather then any comment about his actual performance.

The members here who make actual arguments against Tyrod, listing things such as his habit of checking down to quickly, or running a terrible two-minute drill are likely not racist.  They simply don't like the performance they see, and would say the same if the QB had white, yellow, red or plaid skin.

Racism is awful and sadly still exists in the world.  But there seems to be a large spike in the number of racism claims made, with less and less evidence to support them.  That only makes matters worse.  Every comment like Tyrod's makes it harder for people to take legitimate claims seriously.

There are a very few posters that fit into the underlined part above, as to why- they have to look at themselves to figure it out. 

The guy worked hard led the team out of playoff drought and was a career winnner here. He was the first Buffalo qb in a pro bowl in 15 or so years. 

What is the harm in showing the guy respect and agreeing it’s better for all to move on to a better fit for the scheme? 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

Just now, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

There are a very few posters that fit into the underlined part above, as to why- they have to look at themselves to figure it out. 

The guy worked hard led the team out of playoff drought and was a career winnner here. He was the first Buffalo qb in a pro bowl in 15 or do years. 

What is the harm in showing the guy respect and agreeing it’s better for all to move on to a better fit for the scheme? 

You...missed the entire point of my post.  It was regarding how people are too quick to play the race card these days, and the idea of true racism verses legitimate criticism of a QB that just happens to be black.

9 hours ago, twoandfourteen said:

For someone able to recognize that no one thinks he’s the worst every you sure do jump to and everyone thinks we are klansmen quickly.